Come find me

Do Better

Walking around aimlessly along the streets of Seoul, Changkyun regrets not double checking the coat he grabbed. In the middle of the heavy downpour, there he was sopping wet with only a cardigan as his protection.

A f**king cardigan.

He had half a mind to run back to their dorm, but that would defeat the purpose of him storming out.


Yeah, storming out in the middle of a storm. Ironic.

 

He looks at the coffee shops wishing he could go in, but he of course forgot his wallet. He keeps walking around, until he reaches a local park. There weren't any waiting sheds there so he went to the next best thing, he sat underneath a kiddie slide to take shelter from the rain. He was still wet and cold but at least he could rest his legs a bit.

He kept thinking about the argument between Wonho and Kihyun. He didn't know what started the fight, but when he heard Kihyun listing down all his hurts for Wonho to hear, his pride was shattered to say the least. He never wanted Wonho to find out he was still hurting.

And besides, it wasn't Kihyun's place to say anything, he was just his hyung.

He was almost dozing off, exhaustion getting the better of him, when he thought he heard someone calling him. He waited for a while, listening if he was indeed correct in hearing his name or if he was becoming delusional. But then he heard it again, muffled by the sound of the rain, but it was clearly his name. The call was getting louder, getting nearer but something in his gut made him stay under the slide. Waiting.

Then he saw him.

Kihyun.

Soaking wet, wearing nothing but his shirt, jeans and slippers. He was shouting Changkyun's name, his face full of worry, head turning in all directions. Changkyun almost felt guilty.

Almost.

He was still mad at the older for what he'd done, and so he stayed silent, unmoving, quietly observing Kihyun's movement. A few minutes, Kihyun had gone to some place else, and Changkyun sighs, was he being mean? Probably, but he was still mad.

A few hours pass by and the rain had finally let up, he decides it was time to go back to the dorm. When he returned, the clock had read 7 pm, he hadn't realized he had been out the whole day. Hyunwoo was waiting for him, and gave him a quick lecture about him suddenly going out but the leader took pity on the boy and instructed him to take a warm shower and then go to bed. Changkyun obediently did as he was told and when he had settled in his bunk, he saw that Kihyun's bed was empty.

He couldn't stills be looking for me, right?

 

He tries to push the thought away burying himself into the warmth of his blanket trying to fall asleep. He couldn't. He kept tossing and turning, acutely aware of the sound of footsteps outside the room. He heard Minhyuk and Jooheon crawl into their respective beds, but still no Kihyun.

 

Sighing, he looks at the clock, 12 midnight. He sits up and quietly climbs down his bed, he goes to the living room to find a sleeping Hyunwoo on the couch. He must've been waiting for Kihyun. He taps the older on the shoulder, Hyunwoo stirs and sees Changkyun standing in front of him.

"kukkung, why're you awake?"
"can't sleep. Hyung, I'll wait for Kihyun hyung instead, go sleep in your bed" Hyunwoo looked like he wanted to object, but gave in to the younger's suggestion, he ambles to his bedroom wishing Kihyun would return soon.

 

3 am.

Changkyun hears the door click open, he runs to the entryway and finds Kihyun, shirt still wet clinging to his body, exhaustion evident in his face. He grabs Kihyun's hand and leads the older to the bathroom, he runs the warm shower, turns to Kihyun and says "shower first" with that he walks out and shuts the door.

Kihyun slowly strips himself of his clothes, his arms feel like lead and his legs like jelly but he gets in the shower, warm water washing away some of the exhaustion. Then he lets himself cry.

Cry, because of the relief he felt that Changkyun was back in the dorm, safe and sound. He spends a good 30 mins just standing there before he decides it was time to get out. He hears a knock on the door, before the door opens revealing a maknae with clothes in his arms. Changkyun hands him his clothes and exits the bathroom once more.

Once fully dressed, Kihyun was about to head to his room when he sae Changkyun still sitting on the couch. He approaches the younger quietly, until he was within arms reach. He crouches down to see if Changkyun had fallen asleep, but he finds that the younger was crying, tears rapidly falling from his eyes. Kihyun reaches out to wipe the tears from the maknae's face but Changkyun grabs his wrist, surprised by the act he looks at the younger's eyes, face contorted in pain.

"I'm sorry hyung" Changkyun utters in between sobs, "i- i saw you at the park" he began "i saw you but i didn't answer because i was being stupid" he breaks down and sobs more and more.

Kihyun's heart breaks from the sight and gathers the younger in his arms, shushing him, whispering comforting words and kissing the top of his head to assure the younger that he wasn't upset. Kihyun was exhausted, so he pulled Changkyun down on the couch to lie down, hugging him close to his chest, rubbing soothing circles on the younger's back. And they succumbed to sleep like that, clinging to each other, leaving all their concerns and unspoken questions for another day.

 

 

----------

Angst! Am sorry!!!! But there was rain! Cliché?  Yes! Do i regret writing this? Just a bit. But i had to write this to make Changkyun look flawed and a bit hateful,  i didn't want him to just be pitiful and poor... Also, I know Kihyun was too forgiving here, but he's a boy in love, and love is blind... Or so they say.... Anyways... I guess fluff will come in some other chapter... Also a big question! When will they ever go out on a date?!?!?! Ahahaha.... Maybe never? Oh but my description says they will!