When it rains, it pours

Do Better

Grey skies.

That's the fist thing Kihyun sees as he wakes up. He looks over the bed across his to find the maknae sleeping soundly.

Welp, looks like the date won't be happening today. Again.

Kihyun slowly gets out of bed and makes his way to the kitchen to brew some coffee. Coffee makes everything better. He pours himself a fresh cup and plants himself on the couch, looking out the window, willing the weather to change. But sadly, he was no mutant, just a sad sad boy whose date keeps getting cancelled.

He hears light footsteps from the kitchen, and assumes it's Wonho. Wonho, who a few weeks ago broke up with Changkyun. Wonho, who broke Changkyun's heart. Wonho, who got to go on ing dates with the maknae, got to hold his hands, got to hug him, got to kiss him.... His thoughts abruptly stop as he feels a light tap on his shoulder, he scowls at the person who interrupted his emo thoughts but the scowl was replaced by that of surprise when he sees Changkyun looking down at him


"hyung, it's too early in the morning for you to be looking so pissed off"


"we can't go out today" Kihyun states


"the weather is mocking me, I woke up early and this is what i get" Changkyun replies "hyung, make me something for breakfast, I'm hungry..." he adds


Kihyun chuckles as he stands from his seat and heads to the kitchen, since the weather is cold, he decides to make some congee. That and they only have rice, eggs and spring onions in the fridge. As he was stirring the pot, making sure that the rice won't get over cooked, Changkyun creeps up on him and leans over him, placing his chin on Kihyun's shoulder.


"hyung, that smells yummy" he comments,
Kihyun fights the urge to turn around and kiss the living daylights out of the boy, because seriously hearing Changkyun's voice so close to his ear and so early in the morning was making him think naughty things. Instead he hums in reply, hoping to God Changkyun doesn't notice the blush settling on his face.

"waaaah, that smells sooo good!" Wonho exclaims as he walks in the kitchen, and as soon as he walks in Changkyun immediately backs away and exits the area, mumbling a good morning to Wonho as he leaves.

Wonho sighs as his eyes follow the maknae, "he's still not comfortable with me" he says out loud, "of course, you broke his heart" Kihyun replies, not really intending to reply but he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Wonho whips his head towards Kihyun, eyes narrowed, clearly pissed off at the former's off handed comment. "what do you know about us? Huh?"


At that Kihyun looses his temper, "i don't know much, hyung. But i do know that for the past weeks Changkyun cried himself to sleep at night. I know he couldn't eat as much as usual because he was upset. I know that every time he sees you and Hyungwon being close and laughing together, his heart breaks again and again!"


"Kihyun-hyung!" the shout reverberates across the entire common area.

 

Wonho and Kihyun look towards the kitchen counter to find Changkyun's horrified expression. Kihyun opens his mouth, but no words come out.

The rest of the members enter the living room clearly puzzled at what was happening.

 

Changkyun turns and heads to his room grabs a coat and bolts for the door before anyone could stop him.

 

------------

Had to sneak in a bit of angst... I mean... Who knows if this'll still be a fluff by the time I'm finished with this.... Ahahaha

 

Also thank you to all the subscribers! If you guys have any requests, as long as it's Changyun/anyone from monsta x i can probably do it.... Also, i know the personalities of the members here are starkly different in real life, but this is fiction so my angst gets the best of me.