You idiot

Do Better

Eat. Practice. Sleep. Repeat.

For the past few days, that's all they've been doing. Their comeback is a few weeks away, but with open concerts, guest appearances on shows and isac they haven't had much time to focus on their 4th mini album.

Changkyun barely has time to think of anything else, much less his feelings for Kihyun. To be honest, he actually forgot about it; that is until today.

They had a day off as their reward for winning gold on the archery division on isac, and while most of the members decided to just stay in the dorm and sleep-in, Kihyun had dragged his out to some family restaurant a few blocks away from the dorm.

Initially, Changkyun thought nothing of it, he assumed Kihyun just wanted to eat out. So there they were, in a corner booth of the restaurant waiting for their order to be served.

Changkyun was absent- mindedly playing with his chopsticks, humming some random tune from their album; Kihyun gazed at the man across him, taking in all the little details of his face, the perfect angle of his nose, his dimples. He loved him, but he didn't know how the other felt. With all the drama with Wonho, he didn't know if the younger was ready to start a new relationship. Kihyun didn't want to pressure Changkyun into anything, but at the same time he longed to be with him. To put all of the love he felt into actions.

Changkyun noticed that Kihyun was staring at gim intently, he felt slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed for some reason.


"Kihyun-hyung, if you stare at me too much I might melt, you know?" he jokes
"I can't help it Kyun, you're just too beautiful" the other replied. Changkyun immediately turned a deep shade of red, one might think smoke would come out of his ears.
"hyung, how can you say something like that with a straight face?" he asks, to which Kihyun responds with " it's the truth though. But then again, I'd say you're more good looking that Hyungwon just because I'm in love with you"
Changkyun stares at him blankly for a while, then bows his head in sheer embarrassment.

He then remembered. He remembered Kihyun confessing to him.

Looking back on it, he liked Kihyun. He liked him as his hyung, he liked him as his bandmate, he liked him as his roommate, he liked him as a friend. But could he possibly like him as something more than that?

Before he could think about it further, their food was served which they ate with much gusto. On their way back to the dorm, Kihyun took Changkyun's hand and interlaced it with his own.


"look, I don't want to rush you into anything" Kihyun begins " I know you just got out of a relationship, and i don't want to put pressure on you. So about my confession from before-" Kihyun turns to the younger before he continues "take as long as you want. For you to figure out if you can possibly like me in the same way. I don't mind waiting"


Changkyun nods his head slowly, thanking the heavens above that he doesn't have to give Kihyun an answer any time soon.

 

A few months after, 4 months to be exact, the group had finished their 1st asia concert tour. They've come a long way, getting their first win on their 4th mini album. Performing with Bigbang at the MAMA and winning album of the year. Everything had gone well. Wonho and Changkyun are back to being friends, Wonho started dating Shownu, of all people (everyone was surprised, but saw how well they got on together). And as for Kihyun and Changkyun, well....

At the moment Changkyun was pacing back and forth their dorm. Kihyun had gone out with Minhyun to buy some groceries for the week. And after 4 months -of Changkyun being coddled by Kihyun- the maknae has certainly developed a massive crush.

He was planning on confessing to Kihyun today, he got stuff ready like candles, balloons, flowers the whole romantic set! But, as he was trying to light up the candles, he kept breaking the match sticks on account of his very shaky hands. Jooheon, his accomplice in the whole "confess to Kihyun like Monica proposed to Chandler" event (okay, so maybe Jooheon was the mastermind of the whole thing. And maybe he watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S a few times too many) saw how nervous the younger was, he hands Changkyun the lighter and says "dude, chill out. You already know he likes you"


"that was 4 months ago Jooheon -hyung, what if his feelings changed?!" Changkyun asks, his eyes filled with so much anxiety, "Kyun, I've seen the way he treats you, the way he looks at you, the way he smiles at you. If he isn't in love with you then i dont even know what to call it".

With the set up done, the living room looked chic with the lights turned off and the candles giving off a soft glow. Changkyun stood in the middle of the room palms sweaty,his heart beating wildly against his chest.

He hears the door open, shoes being taken off, he hears Minhyuk saying something about him volunteering to put the groceries away and for Kihyun to head straight to the living room (real subtle Minhyuk).

Kihyun enters the living room area, his eyes wide as he sees Changkyun in the middle of the room.


"are we having some sort of séance tonight?" he jokes, but Changkyun bites his lower lip trying to control his emotions. Kihyun walks up to Changkyun and sees that the younger is close to tears, he doesn't say anything, he just looks at the younger in the eyes and waits.


"Kihyun, I-" Changkyun attempts to start but his emotions get the better of him and he chokes out a sob, Kihyun smiles at the younger and envelops him in his arms.

"took you long enough, idiot" he says as he kisses the younger on the lips.

 

 

-----------------

We're done! Fin! Finitto!!!!!!!

Yeah!

Thanks to all those who read this, all those who left comments. I loved reading and replying to each and everyone of you. I hope the ending is to your liking,  I honestly wanted to end this after 10 chapters but, some things were inevitable. 

 

Since i have no new prompts to base a fanfic on, i might not be able to write a new one for a while! 

Love you all! Mwahugs!