>> 4

Daddy's Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every morning, Kai woke up early to get breakfast ready and get the girls ready for school and prepared Jong Jin’s baby bag. For the first time ever, Kai felt how it likes to be a busy housewife. He got the girls to school on time for the bus to come and pick them up.

Kai continued to make Jong Jin’s milk and put them into his baby bag before going to get ready for work. He bathed Jong Jin and got him ready to come with him. Everything was great for the past week, the kids were behaving and Kai didn’t have trouble with them. Jin Ae video called with them two or three times a week to check on the kids.

“Jong Jin seems so quiet today.” Suho said as he sat next to the toddler who was sitting quietly on the couch. “He was crying last night and didn’t want to sleep in his crib. So, I decided to let him sleep with me on our bed, but it took him an hour to calm him down and another hour to put him to sleep.” Kai explained and sighed. “And he woke up 2 hours after that. I’m just worried that he didn’t get enough sleep.”

“Don’t worry about it; he’s going to be fine. Beside he’s asleep right now.” Baekhyun said and pointed at the toddler who was sleeping in a sitting position. Chen slowly lied the toddler down and Kai put a blanket on him.

“Guys, time for the pre-recording.” The producer said as he came to the room. The EXO nodded and Kai checked on Jong Jin before running out to the pre-record. After pre-record was done, everyone went to their dressing room as they waited for the show to start. But as the EXO was walking down the hall to their dressing room, they heard a scream and a cry, which made them to run there. When Lay opened the door, Kai quickly went inside just to see his son crying in their make-up artist’s arms.

Kai quickly went to him and carried Jong Jin as he continued to cry, hard. He tried to calm him down, but the toddler just cried. But something unusual that caught Kai’s attention.

“Why is he warm?” Kai put his hand on Jong Jin’s forehead. “I think he have a fever. Kwang Ho hyung, to the hospital NOW!” Kai turned to his manager as he continued to calm his son down. “What about the show? It’s going to start in 10 minutes.” He replied before earning a death glare from Kai. “Your nephew’s health is more important than that show!” He shouted at his manager/brother-in-law and he nodded before taking the mini van’s key.

So, the two adults rushed to send the sick toddler to the nearby hospital. Kai ran to the emergency unit where a nurse took Jong Jin from him and sat him on one of the bed, but Jong Jin didn’t stay still and cried as he reaches out to Kai. The father went to carry him as the nurse did a check-up on him. Jong Jin finally stopped crying and stays still.

“He’s alright, Mr. Kim. This little guy is just teething again.” The nurse said to Kai and patted Jong Jin’s head as she smiled. “I’ll give him a dose of sugar-free infant paracetamol to relieve his pain and reduce inflammation.” Kai let out a sigh of relief and thanked the nurse. The nurse then gave Jong Jin the medicine and let Jong Jin to stay for a while. Kai once again thanked the nurse and Jong Jin waved at her as his dad asked.

“You really got me worried, little buddy.” Kai said to his son, who was sitting on the bed playing with his stuff dragon while on his pacifier. Then, his phone rang and he immediately answered it.

“Oppa, Kwang Ho oppa told me that you’re at the hospital with Jong Jinnie. Is he ok? Is it serious?” Jin Ae asked immediately when he answered. “He’s fine. The nurse told me that he’s teething again. She already gave him the medicine and he’s playing with his Barney on the bed right now.” Kai replied and she let out a sigh of relief. “That’s a relief.” She added. Kai giggled and put her on loud speaker before putting it in front of his son.

“Jong Jin-ah, say Hello to mummy?” Kai said to him and took Jong Jin’s pacifier out. “Mummy~” Jong Jin mumbled and turned around to find his mother. “Mummy~” He started to whimper when he didn’t found her.

“Mummy’s here, Jong Jinnie~” Jin Ae called and he turned to the phone in front of him. “Is Jong Jinnie teething again? Mummy is sorry that she can’t be there with you. Mummy will be home soon, ok?” Jong Jin hummed and went back to pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter