>> 3

Daddy's Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I listed out everything you need to do every day. I already packed some side-dishes worth a month in the fridge, you just have to cook the rice and reheat them. Make sure the girls are ready for school before 8 and remember to pick them up at noon. Don’t give Jong Jin any sweets or bubble tea, keep him away from Sehunnie.” Jin Ae said to Kai as she was waiting for Aron to pick her up. “Remember not to let them sleep late on school’s days and don’t let them wander around the kitchen EVER.”

“Nana, I know… I know.” Kai replied and smiled before earning a glare from his wife. “Just trust me. The kids will be fine.” He smiled again. “Are you sure about that or I’ll call Eomma or Mum to take care of them?” Jin Ae asked again and this time Kai sighed.

“Nana, they will be fine. If I need help with the kids, I’ll ask the guys for help.” Kai replied and she sighed in return. “Remember to call me every night and call me if there’s an emergency, I’ll come back straight away.” She said to him and he hugged her. “Stop worrying. I will make sure the kids stay safe and in one piece by the time you come home.” He said to her and pulled away before planting a kiss on her forehead.

Just then, her phone rang as a text came. Jin Ae unlocked her phone and saw Aron’s texts. She sighed and turned to her still sleeping kids in the nursery.

“Tell them I’ll be home in no time and I love them.” Jin Ae turned back to her husband and he nodded. “Have a safe flight and sorry that I can’t send you there myself. I love you.” He hugged her again and she hummed before pulling away. “I’ll call when I arrive.” He nodded and walked her to the elevator as he carried her luggage.

“Goodbye and I’ll call you.” Jin Ae gave a peck of his lips before going into the elevator. Kai waved as the door closes and went back to the apartment before the kids wake up.  

Just when Kai was preparing breakfast, which was toast with jam and peanut butter, the twins woke up and walked out of their room.

“Mummy?” Mi Young called and whimpered when they didn’t saw her anywhere. “Where’s mummy?” Mi Sun asked and Kai quickly ran to them before any one of them started to cry. “Mummy went to work early. Don’t cry and let’s go wash up for school, ok?” He wiped their tears and leaded them to the bathroom. “Change to your uniform after this, ok?” The twins nodded before drying their faces and went to the living room, where Kai already laid out their uniform.

As the twins were having their breakfast, Jong Jin finally woke up and cried as he walked to the living room. Kai ran to him to calm down as he lifted him up.

“Daddy’s little man finally woke up from his sleep?” He said and kissed his cheek. “Did you sleep well?” Jong Jin nodded before Kai brought to him to bathroom to wash his face. After that, the two joined the twins for breakfast.

At 8, Kai already brought them to the lobby where they waited for the kindergarten’s bus to come and waved to them after they got in. The girls waved back and finally made their way to school.

“Let’s go to work.” Kai brought Jong Jin back to the apartment to change his clothes before getting to his car. “Jong Jinnie is going with Daddy to work today, ok? So, be a good boy and behave, ok?” Jong Jin nodded as Kai fasten his baby seat before going to the driver’s seat. “Let’s go!” Kai shouted as he started to drive.

They arrived at KBS shortly and Jong Jin fell asleep in the car. Kai fixed his jacket before lifting him up and quickly carried him inside.

“Please stay asleep until the show over.” Kai pleaded as he headed to the dressing room. He opened the door slowly and quickly hushed the other when they are about to greet him.

“It’s D-day already?” Chanyeol asked and Kai nodded. “Rough morning?” Lay asked. “No, the kids were fine. I’m just hoping that Jong Jin will stay asleep until the show is over.” Replied Kai and went to sit on the make-up seat to prepare for the show.

Lay, Kai and Chanyeol were guest stars on ‘Hello Counselor’ and Kai hoped that Jong Jin won’t cry when he wakes up. Kai asked the make-up artist to look after Jong Jin while he went for the recording and she agreed. But something happened during the show, Jong Jin woke up crying and the make-up artist tried to calm him down, but he didn’t stopped. She tried to give him, his milk but he refused and continued to cry.

The show went for a commercial break and the make-up artists quickly went to find Kai. He was talking to Lee Yeong-Ja when she came with crying Jong Jin.

Kai took him from her and asked what happened. The make-up artist explained everything to him and Kai thanked her for looking after him when he was sleeping.

“Mummy~” Jong Jin cried and Kai tried to make him stop crying. “Aigoo~ I bet he missed his mother.” Yeong-Ja said and patted Jong Jin’s back gently. “Why don’t you head back to the dressing room? We’ll handle the rest and join us after your son calm down a little. Or maybe you can bring him to the set with you, so he won’t cry again.” She suggested and Kai nodded before bowing as he thanked her.

The father and son headed back to the dressing room and Jong Jin finally stopped crying but still sniffling. Kai sat on the couch and leaned Jong Jin to lie on his chest.

“Does Jong Jinnie miss Mummy already?” He asked his son and he hummed. Kai looked at his watch and sighed. “Mummy hasn’t arrived yet. Wait for a while, ok? We’ll call Mummy later.” Kai added and wiped away his son’s tears.

Commercial break was over and the producer asked Kai to come back to the set. Kai tried to hand Jong Jin to the make-up artist again, but Jong Jin strongly refused as he wrapped his little arms around his neck.

“PD-nim, is it ok if I bring my son during the recording? He doesn’t want to be apart from me.” Kai asked the producer and he nodded. “Thank you.” Kai bowed and went to the set before taking his seat between Lay and Chanyeol.

“Oh! Our Jong Jinnie will be joining us?” ChanYeol asked and made a funny face at Jong Jin and made him giggled. “He doesn’t want to be left with Yoo Di noona, so I asked PD-nim is it ok if he comes with me for the recording and he agreed.” Kai said to s and they nodded. “Jong Jinnie-ah, behave ok? Daddy is going to work, ok?” Jong Jin nodded and on his pacifier, which Kai clipped to his sweater.

“It seem like we have a new guest after the break?” Dong-Yup said and they all turned to Kai. “Annyeonghaseyo~ What’s your name?” He waved and Jong Jin slowly waved back. “How old is he, Kai-ish?” Tae-Gyun asked.

“He’s 2 and a half.” Replied Kai and they continued to wave at the toddler. “Tell them your name.” He took the pacifier from Jong Jin and leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter