Entry ii. Push & Pull.

Awkward

1525 words. 


Entry ii. Push & Pull.

 

At one point, Baekhyun thinks he’s gone completely mad. Why the hell does he keep waiting for some stranger to waltz into the cafe all smiles and (no correlation here, he knows but you get the point!). To make matters worse, he didn’t see Sunshine on the train today either and he was really expecting to have his shoulder harassed by an idiot trying to put his backpack on while seated. He gave up halfway through the day when his shift was almost over and Sunshine hadn’t come at all. But it was no time for sulking now! Girls’ Generation released their album two days ago and Baekhyun cannot believe he hasn’t gotten his hands on it yet. For a 27 year-old you’d think he’d try to keep his idol obsession on the down low, but nope, Byun Baekhyun made sure everybody knew about his love (obsession Jongin insisted.) for the 9 girls. He made a mental note to go to the shop across and see if they had their album in stock, and continued taking orders, secretly hoping a tall, dopey look guy would come in soon and smile at him.



 

And then trip over his own two feet.






 

Baekhyun didn’t walk across the street. No, he skipped, humming a tune under his breath with his fingertips shaking, waiting to just unwrap a brand new album. When he entered the shop, he had a huge grin on his face as he greeted the worker, quickly asking him about the new album.

 

“Sorry, man, I’m not sure. You should go check in those shelves near the end. Someone’ll be there to help you.”

 

“Okay, thanks!”

 

He walked over to the shelves the employee previously gestured to and lo and behold, Sunshine was standing there organizing shelves!

 

Must be Baekhyun’s lucky day because he was also dancing. Not him, Sunshine. The tall boy was bobbing his head and even shaking his hips a little bit too. Baekhyun watched on in amusement as the boy continued to dance, oblivious to his presence. He only noticed Baekhyun was there when he turned around to go get more albums to display on the shelves. When he saw him, he promptly let out a soundless scream. Mouth opening wide as he fell backwards and right onto his . Baekhyun mustered up all his willpower not to burst out laughing there, instead his laughter gets muffled into small giggles he released into the back of his hand.

 

“H-hey..didn’t see you there,” Sunshine said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck as Baekhyun offered him a hand. “How..how long have you been standing there?” He asked as he took Baekhyun’s hand in his own. He almost dwarfed Baekhyun’s hand, but Baekhyun could only think about how warm his hand felt.

 

“A while.” Baekhyun giggled.

 

“Oh. Sorry about that...about...my dancing.” Sunshine is so cute Baekhyun just wants to pinch his cheeks. He doesn’t think that would be very appropriate, though.

 

“It’s fine. It was pretty good, if I may add.”

 

Then, he smiled. And Baekhyun felt like someone put off fireworks inside him. Quickly, he dismissed the feeling and cleared his throat.

 

“Um, I was actually looking for the new Girls’ Generation album. The guy at the counter said you’d be able to help.”

 

“Oh, those came in yesterday and we haven’t put them up yet.”

 

“Does that mean I can’t buy it now?”

 

Sunshine started shaking his head rapidly, “No- no! You can. You definitely can.” Baekhyun smiled at that. “We just need to go to the back and get them out. Come on.”

 

For a moment, Baekhyun thought Sunshine was pretty cool. Taking him to the back so he could have his album and all. Until, of course, he walked straight into the door with his face. That sounded painful.

 

“A-are you okay?” Baekhyun asked in concern but Sunshine only waved him off.

 

“Yeah...forgot you’re supposed to pull not push.”

 

Oh you didn’t push, you walked into the door, sweetheart. Baekhyun thought.

 

When they walked into the dimly lit room, filled with unopened boxes, Sunshine started rummaging through them almost immediately. Baekhyun felt like it was an appropriate time to ask for his name but when he opened his mouth to ask, Sunshine turned around quickly with an album held in his hands.

 

“Found it!” He declared happily. “Now, let’s go check you out.”

 

Baekhyun paused. Sunshine coughed. “N-not you, I meant the album..so you could buy..” He trailed off pathetically. Walking away from Baekhyun with heavy footsteps and red tinting the tips of his ears.

 

Ah so cute. So cute. He's going to combust!

 

Sunshine doesn’t check him out. Unfortunately. He goes back to organizing the shelves after giving Baekhyun his album. He muttered a see you before he walked away, pink still dusting his cheeks and ears.

 

However, when Baekhyun walked out of the shop, Sunshine followed him, walking by his side silently.

 

“Uh- did I forget something?”

 

“No..ahh, we take the same train. So I thought I’d..I’d um, walk with you to the station. My shift just finished.”

 

“...”

 

“You don’t mind do you?” Sunshine asked in panic after receiving no answer from Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “No, of course I don’t mind. Just a little surprised is all.”

 

Sunshine ended up sitting next to him on the train. And when Baekhyun turned around to ask for his name, he found the boy with his head lolling to the side, eyes shut and breathing softly. Baekhyun smiled at the sight.

 

“Maybe another time then.” He mumbled to himself as he made himself comfortable in his seat. A bit later he felt a weight fall onto his shoulder, when he looked down, he got a face full of fiery red hair.


 

Sunshine actually fell asleep on his shoulder. He internally squealed before subtly lowering his body, making sure not to bother the lanky male.


 


 

Sunshine really is something. When Baekhyun said the boy would walk in, smile at him, then trip, he didn't actually mean for it to happen. Yet, here he is, helping the long-limbed boy off the floor.

“You okay?” Baekhyun asked while Sunshine dusted off his clothes, a cute pout settled on his lips.

“I'm okay. Pretty used to it, actually.” Sunshine said nonchalantly.

“Why? Do you often trip over your own two feet?” Baekhyun inquired in amusement.

Sunshine shrugged. “It's been known to happen.” Then he grinned and Baekhyun had to force himself to look away.

Be still my heart!

Situating himself behind the counter once again, Baekhyun gestured to the drinks menu. “Would you like the same thing you ordered last time?”

“Yeah, that would be nice.” Sunshine said, taking his wallet out from his back pocket and placing a few bills on the counter. Then he dropped another 5000 won into the tip jar.

“For helping me up.” He explained. Baekhyun laughed.

“It's the least I could do.” You adorable thing.

He brought Sunshine's drink over himself. Intending to ask for his name, finally. However, just when he set the drink down and opened his mouth to speak, Sunshine's phone started to ring, the annoying ringtone cutting him off before he could do anything.

As Sunshine answered the call after muttering a thank you to him, he walked away in defeat. He just really wanted to know his name!

After a few moments of silent observation, another person walked into the cafe. A small male, with bubblegum pink hair bouncing on his head. He resembled more of a pixie than a person, in his opinion. Very pretty.

Before said pixie-person came over to the counter, he walked over to Sunshine instead, smacking him right across the back of his head, full force.

“Ouch! What was that for?!”

“For blowing me off every chance you get! I haven't seen you in weeks, Park, weeks!”

“I've been busy. Sorry.” Sunshine said as the angry boy crossed his arms and huffed at him. Baekhyun wondered how anyone could be mad at someone that resembled a big, fluffy dog.

When the boy came back to make his order, he had reverted to some angelic state. Smiling at him and speaking softly. Terrifying.

Baekhyun ended up watching the two for most of the time. Only absentmindedly taking orders throughout the whole time they were there. He couldn't help but notice the way Sunshine's gaze lingered on the pixie boy's face while he sipped on his coffee. The way his expression brightened up with laughter at what he said, the way he talked to him gently despite the rough actions of the boy earlier. Then he got a dark feeling in his gut and he understood.

That must be Sunshine's boyfriend.

Honestly, he shouldn't be that sad over someone whose name he doesn't even know. But he is, and he hated it.

When Sunshine left with his friend- no, boyfriend, he let out a resigned sigh. Watching them walk away. They looked good together, he'll admit to that.

What he doesn't notice, is the way Sunshine's hands bury themselves deep in his pockets while the other boy's hand swung freely between them.