Entry v. Hit & Run.

Awkward

2056 words. 


Entry v. Hit and Run.

 

 

 

He woke up to an empty car, the smell of wet concrete and what a time to be alive. There was a post it stuck to the window that said in a barely eligible scribble had 2 leave for class, thnks 4 letting me crash in ur car - C.Y

 

First of all, God that handwriting was horrible. Second of all, who the was C.Y? Did he miss something important yesterday when he was half asleep and trying to become an inanimate object? Why did Sunshine have to leave his initials and not his name? He was now certain the universe was working against him, give me a break, will ya?

 

Getting out of his car and into the shop proved to be the hardest thing he had to do today, once again, dejected that he couldn’t remember Sunshine’s name. Also, he’s pretty sure he let it slip that he’d been calling the taller boy Sunshine. He blushed, hiding his face and slapping his cheeks once, twice, get your together Byun Baekhyun.




 

When Sunshine walked in that day Baekhyun put on a strained smile, he’s smiling so wide, abort mission! Abort mission!

 

“Hey, Baekhyun, right? Is it okay if I call you Baekhyun?” Who would say no to that face?

 

“Sure,” He smiled. Is it all right if I call you Sunshine?

 

“I’ll get your usual ready, so you can go sit down.”

 

“Actually I have something I wanted to ask you, if you don’t mind.”

 

Baekhyun shot him a confused look but nodded nonetheless.

 

“Yeah.. okay.”

 

His hands shook as he placed the cup on the table, what the hell was he so nervous about anyways? Every conversation -or whatever you called his and Sunshine’s encounters- so far has been pleasant, in a way.

 

Taking the seat across from Sunshine, he smiled. “So you wanted to say something..?”

 

He was hoping the apprehension he was feeling wasn’t showing in his tone.

 

“Yeah, well, I know this is going to sound totally weird to you but would you like to go out on a date?”

 

Baekhyun choked on his spit. “Come… come again?”

 

“A-a date. A double date in specific, with S-sehun and Luhan..” Baekhyun remained frozen as Sunshine stuttered and stumbled all over his words, his ears going a dramatic shade of red.

 

“Ah, n-never mind. That was a really weird request, you can just go back to work, sorry I wasted your-”

 

“Yes.”

 

Sunshine blinked at him.

 

“Yes?” He asked.

 

“Y-yeah, I’ll go with you,”

 

Really? Oh my God, that’s great. I thought you would really kick me out of the shop this time. Well, it’s tonight and uh, I know this is really short notice-”

 

“It’s fine, really.” Baekhyun reassured him with a smile. “Um, where is it exactly?”

 

“Oh, we’re just going to a little restaurant not far from our campus, i-if you give me your address, I can just pick you up with Sehun, s-since he drives and all.” What a romantic pick up.

 

“I don’t think that’ll be necessary.”

 

“Huh? Why not?”

 

“Well, for starters, I’m neighbours with Sehun, our apartments are right next to each other.” Baekhyun said.

 

“O-oh...all right, guess I’ll see you when I get to his apartment then.”

 

Baekhyun stood up slowly, not quite believing the conversation he just had.

 

“What time?” He asked lastly before he left.

 

“Seven. And... thanks a lot, Baekhyun.” Thump thump, be still my goddamn heart, God Sunshine you cannot just say my name like that.

 

Safe to say, Baekhyun was sighing dreamily all damn day.

 

Little Jongin was terrified.






 

Okay, so maybe it wasn’t all dreamy sighs for Baekhyun. Simply put, he had no fashion sense and after all, he was 27 and had little to no knowledge about what would have been appropriate to wear to a group date with a bunch of university students; he was trudging on dangerous territory here.


 

Eventually, after turning his closet inside out, he settled for a light blue button up and the tightest pair of dark jeans he owned. The tighter the better in his opinion. It wouldn’t hurt to show off his assets every once in a while, right? It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up his abandoned eyeliner and accentuate his eyes a little bit more.

 

By the time he was done, Baekhyun couldn’t help but whistle at himself in the mirror because damn Byun, you still got it goin’ on.

 

The knock at his door stops him from running his eyes over his body and instantaneously the confidence that was bubbling up in him flushes right out of his system.

 

He scurried over to the door after checking his hair one more time, taking a deep breath before turning the handle.

 

Sweet Jesus, could this get any better?

 

Sunshine was clad in a simple black T-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans and he made it look like it came straight out of Vogue magazine. His hair was pushed back too- this was definitely not good for his heart.

 

“Hey, you ready to go?” Sunshine asked, hands stuffed in his pockets as he shifted from foot to foot.

 

“Yeah.” Baekhyun smiled, and began making his way out.

 

On their short walk to the car where Sehun and Luhan were waiting, Sunshine had turned to him, and grinned.

 

“Is there something funny?”

 

“No.. well, you just look really amazing.” Baekhyun blushed, a small smile etched onto his face. “A-and I’m not saying you don’t look amazing on regular days too- like, um, that is to say, you look amazing all the time.” Then Sunshine blushed and averted his eyes. Right, this was definitely not good for his heart.


 

Despite his past bitter feelings for Luhan, he had to put them aside for the night because the kid turned out to be really ing nice. It’s not like Baekhyun was good at being mean to people anyways.

 

The restaurant was simple and classy and Sunshine was ever the gentleman. It was also extremely endearing to see Sehun and Luhan taking care of each other. The initial awkwardness soon faded as the food arrived along with drinks, at which Baekhyun grimaced at as he politely took small sips. From what his friends have told him before, he was not a graceful drunk and he definitely did not need any drinks in his system on this particular night.

 

Tragically for Baekhyun, he has yet to figure out Sunshine’s name. Earlier that day, he had spent at least two hours trying to remember what Sunshine had said to him in the car and came up with squat, the names popping up in his head ranged from Chanyeong to Chilyeon and even he was smart enough to know those definitely weren’t right.

 

To make matters worse, his friends seemingly didn’t like calling him by his name. Sehun opted to use hyung and Luhan’s nicknames ranged from Dobby to Yoda and none of them included the letters C or Y. Baekhyun was starting to lose hope.

 

He soon forgot about Sunshine’s name all together, it wouldn’t matter as long as he didn’t have to call him, and besides Sehun clearly had other interesting topics to talk about, like Sunshine’s lack of love life and how this was the first time he brought someone out on a date with them.

 

“He’s never even had his first kiss! Can you believe that?” Sehun laughed boisterously, Luhan hitting his shoulder lightly and telling him to quit it.

 

Baekhyun glanced at Sunshine worriedly, watching as the boy laughed along halfheartedly scratching the back of his neck.

 

“You’re already 22, you should find someone already. I mean, I’m younger and I have Luhan.” As he said that, he affectionately wrapped an arm around the pink haired boy who giggled into the embrace. Baekhyun saw the faltering smile on Sunshine’s face and his chest tightened. How can they be so insensitive?

 

A sudden jolt of (liquid) courage had him slamming his cup down on the table, Baekhyun turned to look at Sunshine, who wore a bewildered expression. The other two stared at him in a similar manner and their eyes only widened more when he grabbed Sunshine by the sides of his face and pulled him down to smash their lips together. It felt sweet and nice and completely unskilled, he can tell that much from Sunshine, who moved his lips carefully and slowly against his.

 

Baekhyun’s hands travel down to hold on to Sunshine’s neck as he tilted his head slightly to the side and deepened the kiss. His heart is beating in his throat and he knew he was gonna regret this once he pulled away but that only happened when Sehun let out a low whistle while Luhan was staring at them both in shock.

 

“Well… that was…” Sehun started slowly but Baekhyun tuned him out, too focused on Sunshine and his wide-eyed expression, lips now a lovely shade of red, just as the apples’ of his cheeks are and it made Baekhyun feel like the most horrible person because he just took away something important from Sunshine.

 

Sputtering, he released his hold off Sunshine’s neck and moved back, quickly standing up. He began to stutter out apologies.

 

“I-I’m so sorry- I need to- I have to go. S-sorry!” And he practically dashed out of the restaurant. Belatedly realizing he had no car and suddenly stopping in his tracks after he heard his name being called.

 

“Baekhyun, wait!” No, nope, no way, he was not ready to have this conversation, he was not ready to see Sunshine looking at him with sadness in his eyes. He was definitely not ready for Sunshine to ask why he would do such a thing-

 

“Don’t run off on me like that,” Sunshine panted as soon as he was close enough to Baekhyun, his hands were resting on his knees as he continued to take in quick breaths. When he straightened up, Baekhyun expected a frowning face or at least a mildly confused one, but

what he got was a wide toothy grin and Jesus it’s 8PM where did all this sunlight come from?

 

“I knew I was a bad kisser but I didn’t know it was that bad.”

 

Baekhyun furrowed his brows.

 

“What?”

 

“I said-”

 

“No- I know what you said, but… aren’t you mad at me?” Baekhyun asked anxiously but contrasting to his expression Sunshine looked pretty calm.

 

“Why would I be mad? A really cute guy just kissed me, willingly even after seeing me trip over my own two feet and walk straight into a street pole, I’m freakin’ ecstatic!” Sunshine exclaimed, the same grin plastered on his face.

 

“B-but I.. I stole your first kiss and I don’t even know your name!” Baekhyun cried out only to have Sunshine shrug.

 

“I don’t mind since it was you also- wait you don’t know my name? I’m pretty sure I told you last night.”

 

“I was half asleep and couldn’t remember and I’ve been calling you Sunsh-” He stopped himself, putting a hand to his mouth in embarrassment.

 

“Sunshine? Yeah, you kind of let that slip yesterday. Also you may or may not have said it in your sleep once or twice.” Oh God. The shame.

 

“I-I did?”

 

Sunshine nodded. “You did.” Then he took a step closer to him and Baekhyun did not like the spirited look he had in his eyes. His brain screamed danger, danger! at him but he couldn’t look away from the unrelenting gaze.

 

Sunshine took a hold of his hand and pulled him close, “I don’t care if you wanna call me Sunshine, or if you can’t remember my name,” He leaned down, their faces now only inches apart. “but won’t you at least kiss me again?”

 

At that, he finally closed the distance between them, this kiss slower and steadier; Baekhyun’s heart was racing all the same, but then Sunshine had held onto his hand, guiding it to rest on his chest and Baekhyun could feel the erratic thumping underneath his fingertips.

 

He smiled. For multiple reasons; for example the perfect way their lips meshed against each other, for the mindful hands that gently rested on his hips and finally:

 

Sunshine pulled away, smiling down at him.

 

“My name’s Chanyeol, but I guess Sunshine’s fine too.”

 
 

a/n: and that's that ;v; at least they know each others names now hahahaha i may write a cute lil epilogue but i hope you liked this short fluffy fic!! upvotes and comments are most appreciated <3 thank you for reading!!