Entry iii. Spill.

Awkward

1302 words.


Entry iii. Spill.

 

For a fraction of time, Baekhyun didn't want his ty car back. But that fraction happened to be whenever he was in Sunshine's presence. Right now, he wasn't, and he wished he had his ty car back! It's not the train rides that bother him anymore. It's the walk from the station in this humid weather, his shirt is sticking to him annoyingly and his hair isn't reacting so nicely either. Even better, he didn't have any food (that wasn’t instant) in his apartment and has been living off convenience store lunch boxes, going to pick one up was a pain.

On his way up to his apartment he saw someone waiting near his door. He looked familiar, and it took him all but two seconds to realize it was pixie boy from the cafe earlier. Sunshine's boyfriend, he thought bitterly.

The boy seemed to have recognized him too, his eyes going wide before smiling at him. He smiled back but didn't speak, the curious part of him was dying to know what he was doing there, in front of his neighbor's apartment. As he unlocked his door -at an agonizingly slow pace- he heard the door next to him open, before Sehun stepped out and promptly placed a kiss on Pixie's lips.

Wait. What.

His head whipped to the side as he watched Sunshine's boyfriend return it and walk off with Sehun happily.

But that's- Sunshine's boyfriend! Sunshine's boyfriend is cheating on him? How could you cheat on that fluffy ball of adorableness? How?

Not surprisingly, he doesn't get a wink of sleep. Too busy wondering how Sunshine would feel if he knew and he gets utterly devastated at the thought. The logical part of him tells him he shouldn't jump to conclusions. But no, he was sure, Sunshine wouldn't look at anybody like that. It was pure love. He knew.

How do you know? The voice in his head chimed.

How does he know? He just knows!








 

The next morning at work, he was pouting. Like, seriously pouting, his lips were jutting out like a child. Why? Well, it's simple really. HE DIDN'T GET TO SEE SUNSHINE ON THE TRAIN.

Which made those uncomfortable rides even worse. Somebody always just has to have an elbow or a knee jabbing into him. The universe was clearly not working in his favor today.

On another note, he wasn't that excited to see Sunshine, he really didn't want to be the one to tell him his cute little boyfriend was cheating on him with his neighbor. That was just horrible. Maybe he could soften it. By adding extra cream into his coffee, maybe give him a cake on the house.

No. Baekhyun shook his head, that wouldn't be nice. He just wanted him to know, because.. Sunshine didn't deserve that.

When Sunshine walked in that day, Baekhyun freaked. Internally, well he was sure he had some awkward expression on his face, Sunshine didn't seem to notice. He just ordered and then dropped a tip in the jar, Baekhyun looked at him in question, wondering what that was for. Maybe Sunshine's just a really generous person?

He gets his answer. And boy does it set his face on fire.

“You look very pretty today.”

Then he'd walked off to his seat like it was no big deal. How can he be so smooth and so dorky at the same time? Baekhyun wanted to squeal but he's too busy telling his heart to calm the hell down enough for him to function properly.

Still, how was he supposed to tell someone who called him pretty that his even prettier boyfriend is cheating on him. It's breaking his heart and he hasn't even said anything yet!

There were probably many ways the situation could have gone better. For example he could've done it more slowly, could've softened the blow with a strawberry shortcake. Too bad Byun Baekhyun had no sense of precautions before opening his mouth.

Instead, he ended up placing the drink on the table, watching Sunshine take a sip before blurting out “Your boyfriend's cheating on you.”

Way to be soft and gentle, Byun.

Sunshine probably didn't see that coming, because he choked on his drink then dropped it right onto his lap and oh my God Baekhyun is screwed!

Not only is he screwed, his brain must be fried because without any warning, he grabbed tissues and started helping Sunshine wipe all the liquid.....



Off his crotch.




“I think I can... I think I'm gonna go to the bathroom.” Sunshine said, standing up and walking away with the embarrassing stain on his pants, his face looked all red too. Baekhyun fell down to his knees in embarrassment only to have Jongin push him away with a mop,

“I do not get paid to clean up lifeless corpses.”

Baekhyun stood up slowly and started walking away, hoping the day would end already. Or that the ground would swallow him up. Either was fine, really.

He didn't expect Sunshine to look at him after that, but he just walked out like nothing happened, with his flannel wrapped around his waist, covering what was the result of Baekhyun's oh-so-smooth skills of breaking things to people.

Sunshine doesn't look all that sad, though. Baekhyun still doesn't look him in the eye.

“Uh, w-would you like.. another drink.. it'll be free, so- uh...” Come on, ground, just do your job and open up already!

“Before that, I wanted to tell you- ah, would you please look at me?” Baekhyun peeked up from beneath his bangs, seeing Sunshine's still calm and gentle expression.

“I don't have a boyfriend... In fact, haven't had a boyfriend...in a while.” He chuckled nervously. Baekhyun's head snapped up. But isn’t Pixie... No that wasn't appropriate to ask. At all.

“You..you don't?” Baekhyun asked, unsure.

Sunshine only nodded firmly. “Not that I know of.”

“Oh..” Baekhyun sighed in relief. “Okay.. Um, I’m so sorry, I'll bring another drink over so-”

“Actually, I gotta jet, my lunch break's almost over, but I'll see you later, right?”

“Later? Why?”

“I- uh. Train?” Sunshine spluttered.

Train, right.

“I'll walk with you after my shift! I mean- only if you want to!”

“Yeah, o-of course I want to!” Who wouldn't, you cutie! Baekhyun doesn’t even care that he sounded like an overexcited child.

“Great, then, see you!” And he left with another bright grin sent his way and a little wave. Baekhyun surely had a dumb smile on his face as he waved back.

“See you... Sunshine.”

After smiling at the nothingness for about ten minutes he got awakened from his happy daze by a nagging Jongin. By the time he answered, Jongin had his arms crossed across his chest in a childlike manner.

“Jeez, Baekhyun-hyung what's with you today?”

Jongin expected to be shooed off or yelled at, he didn't expect a smile to be directed at him, even accompanied with a little pat to the head.

“Sorry, Jongin, did you want something?” Baekhyun asked gently.

Jongin stuttered, backing away in fright. “I- no, I'm, just, gonna.. wipe tables. Yeah, that.” And he scurried off before Baekhyun could be any nicer to him. It should've been the other way around.

That tall guy was definitely casting some sort of spell on Baekhyun. He turned back for a moment to see Baekhyun practically glowing with these anime-like flower effects floating around his head as he smiled. Jongin shuddered, he didn't even get smacked upside the head today.

 

Finally, he turned back and nodded to himself in determination, he was sure to incur some sort of wrath from Baekhyun if he talked about League for 20 minutes straight. With that thought in mind, he walked over to Baekhyun and prepared to talk his damn ear off.