Entry Finale: Being Sunshine.

Awkward

2048 words. 


Epilogue: Entry Finale, Being Sunshine.

 


 


Chanyeol has tried multiple times to get Baekhyun to go on outings with him willingly, and while Baekhyun is at first reluctant, and preferred to stay at home and binge watch dramas while cuddling Chanyeol, 9 out of 10 times Chanyeol easily got him to agree.

He has a few different methods for this,

Method 1: Puppy dog eyes.

There is definitely nothing more powerful than tilted eyebrows and sad, sparkly eyes. Pair them together with hands interlocked and a slightly hunched figure to make yourself look smaller and you've got yourself a recipe for success.

This was Chanyeol's go-to plan. His foolproof way of making Baekhyun say yes. Not that Baekhyun ever refused him that adamantly but still.

The first time he'd used it was when he wanted Baekhyun to go on another double date with Sehun and Luhan. It was ice-skating this time. Chanyeol thought it was totally romantic, holding hands and sliding on the ice together.

Baekhyun couldn't skate.

"No, Chanyeol, sorry. I really do like the idea of going ice-skating with you but I'm really just no good at it so-"

There it was. Puppy dog eyes and whats worse was that he was in his oversized sweater that made even a giant like him look small and adorable. Not that he wasn't already adorable. With the october chill hanging in the air, Chanyeol was forced to change to his sweaters and scarves and his precious chestnut hats. The change of style and season was not doing good things for Baekhyun's emotions.

"Please, Baekhyun. I really want to go with you. I don't mind if you can't skate because I'll teach you. I'll be there with you every step... or slide." Chanyeol said in an exaggerated childish tone.

He saw Baekhyun's ears get red, tinting with embarrassment and another feeling, what was it again? Ah, yes, extreme affection. He was doing all he could not to just reach out and ruffle Chanyeol's hair into oblivion.

"Fine... I'll go... just stop that.. whatever it is you're doing... with your face.." Baekhyun muttered, cheeks puffing out cutely.

Chanyeol beamed. "Thank you, Baek! Love you!" Then he leaned in over the counter quickly to give Baekhyun a kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the shop in happiness.

Baekhyun spent his entire day mumbling under his breath about puppies and giants and illegal use of sweater paws with still red ears and pouted lips.

 

He doesn't even really mind that he ended up flat on his multiple times when they were skating, the ice that seeped through his pants did nothing to dull out the warmth spreading through his body when Chanyeol laughed and helped him up again.

The second time he used it didn't work as well as the first. Byun Baekhyun had a defence mechanism. Don't look the giant right in the eye. You'll be fine. So instead, when Chanyeol had tried to convince him to hang out with Sehun and Luhan again he'd focused on Chanyeol's purple hoodie. His gaze unwavering at the bold red text that said 'ual fantasies'. Where does Chanyeol even buy these hoodies?

Chanyeol still managed to convince him, though. It wasn't that hard to hold Baekhyun's hand and smile at him sweetly.

"Baek, please, if it's not with you who else would I go with?"

God, seriously, the word ual fantasies was taking a toll on his brain. He looked up and boy, was that a bad idea.

Goddamnit. "Okay, fine."

The third time was a total fail. Not because his method wasn't affective but because Baekhyun agreed to go out with him despite burning up with a fever.

Chanyeol almost cried.

"What are you so sad about I'm the one sick in bed." Baekhyun laughed hoarsely while Chanyeol sat by his bed with a guilty look on his face.

"Because I made you go out and you were sick and you only agreed to make me happy and I-"

"Correction, I didn't agree to make you happy. I agreed because I wanted to."

Also, to make you happy. But the guilt was already evident enough on Chanyeol's face, he didn't need to add to it.

"I'll go make you some porridge."

"It's okay, Yeol. Just... stay here, with me. Okay?" Chanyeol nodded at him determinedly like he had just asked him to go on the toughest mission of his life.

Damn, he really just wants to ruffle Chanyeol's hair and squeeze him tight. Too bad his arms feel too weak for that. But it's okay, Chanyeol holds them tight in his and stays by his side all day. So being sick wasn't all that bad.

This is where we go to Method 2: Begging.

And not like on your knees, rubbing your palms together kind of begging.

No, this one was quite different.

It was more, touchy-feely kind of begging. Asking while cuddling. Asking through neck kisses. Asking while Baekhyun was too far out of it to realize he's agreeing to another one of Chanyeol's whims.

This one, got our dearest Sunshine into a bit of trouble and a bit of silent treatment and a ban from kisses for a whole week.

He wanted to take Baekhyun bungee jumping.

Baekhyun was afraid of heights.

At first, he asked it to him straight.

"Baekhyun, why don't we go bungee jumping, it sounds really fun, right?"

"No it most-definitely does not."

They were at Baekhyun's apartment, it wasn't spacious or anything but there was a couch, a TV and enough snacks and beer to keep them occupied.

Baekhyun was munching on his beloved shrimp chips while his eyes were trained on the TV, too immersed in watching his favorite drama at the moment, Scarlet Heart. Apparently, he had a huge crush on the main lead-

"Wah, seriously, Lee Junki is so handsome in this drama, Yeol."

And that did nothing for the jealousy burning up inside him.

Slowly, he slid his hand onto Baekhyun's thigh. But the older man still paid him no mind, continuing to crunch on his chips and ogle Lee Jun-whats-his-face.

As his hand slowly got higher Baekhyun's chewing slowed down and the corner of his lip began to twitch.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol whispered, leaning his body in slowly while Baekhyun attempted to keep his attention focused on the TV.

A little bit more touching and a little bit more rubbing had his attention fully on the giant whose face was buried into his neck and whose hands were traveling dangerous places.

It's not hard to ask Baekhyun in this kind of state. Unguarded and eyes completely focused on Chanyeol.

"So, will you go with me, please?"

Baekhyun wasn't thinking about the consequences when he nodded. He was mostly thinking about his need for release and his need for Chanyeol to stop working out.

It's when he's 60 feet in the air tied to Chanyeol in a tandem bungee jumping rope did he realize what a horrible mistake he'd done.

"You two hold on to each other real tight, now. Don't let go until the rope stops moving."

Baekhyun paled. Unable to look down at the bottom where he was going to jump.

Chanyeol opened his arms wide.

"Let's do it while we're hugging."

Baekhyun huffed. "Don't want to. You tricked me. Do you even know I have a crippling fear of heights?"

Chanyeol nodded. "I do."

"So why did you bring me here? Why can't we just go on a normal date, Chanyeol?"

"I thought we could get over it together.." Chanyeol said slowly, suddenly feeling like this was a really bad idea.

"It's not that easy, Chanyeol."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's just get off this thing." He mumbled sadly, leaning down to untie the straps off his ankles. Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"S-stop, hey! What are you doing? We're already here, you paid for it, let's just do it." Baekhyun scrambled to push Chanyeol back up.

"Sorry..." He spoke, "I'm actually not a big fan of heights either, you see. But I always wanted to bungee jump and I thought that if it was with you, I wouldn't be scared at all. I didn't think about how you'd feel. Sorry, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun sighed. "It's fine. I mean... I thought the same thing too." He averted his eyes as he said so, not noticing how Chanyeol's face lit up.

They were also almost there. What's the point of being chickens and backing out now.

"I'll hold you really tight, so don't worry, Baekhyun."

Laughing, he raised his eyebrows. "Shouldn't I be saying that to you?"

And so, they were up there, refusing to look at the ground. Instead, he walked into Chanyeol's chest and let the taller boy wrap his arms around him real tight like he said he would. He could feel Chanyeol's heart beat drumming into his ear, but he couldn't judge he was probably shaking in his arms right now.

"Whenever you're ready." The instructor said, waiting for them both to move.

Before Chanyeol had a chance to lean to the side, Baekhyun stopped him.

Chanyeol looked at him worriedly. "What? No good?"

He shook his head, smiling. "Sunshine, I love you."

Chanyeol grinned, letting him rest his head back on his chest and finally jumping out while screaming a very long and terrified I love you too.

The thrill of the fall had him squealing. But maybe it was also the arms wrapped around him.

Who knows really?

That didn't stop him from being mad at Chanyeol the day after.

"No more kissing until you learn not to take advantage of me ever again!"

"But... but we confessed our love to each other up there!"

"We could've done that just fine on the solid ground Chanyeol."

He really only did just to get a laugh out of Chanyeol's lack-of-kissing-disappointed face. That doesn't mean he really did stop all the incoming kisses that were given to him by "surprise" the following week.

And lastly, m
ethod 3: Being Sunshine.


This was by far the easiest method out of them all because, well, Chanyeol wasn't really trying. If Chanyeol used this method, he could probably get Baekhyun to agree to whatever he wanted 10 out of 10 times for sure.

He didn't have to pout or touch Baekhyun inappropriately for him to say yes to what he asked (okay maybe he did because that bungee jumping request was just ridiculous) but what he's trying to explain here is that, Chanyeol didn't have to try so hard.

He didn't have to get jealous of popular drama actors or get jealous when Baekhyun took extra care of Jongin or when Baekhyun joked around with Sehun and Luhan. He really didn't.

All Chanyeol had to do was smile and then Baekhyun's heart would probably attempt to jump out of his chest and his eyes would soften and he'd smile the sweetest of smiles right back at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol didn't have to pout or make sad puppy eyes at him for him to agree to going out with him. That stuff only made him melt into a puddle of goo and again, it was definitely not good for his heart.

Chanyeol didn't have to beg or touch him to distract him from his precious drama time. He'd just have to say his name again; "Baekhyun", softly, slowly just as he always does. Like every time he uttered it was the first time the name rolled off his tongue.

But maybe it wasn't Chanyeol that was trying so hard, maybe it was just him trying hard, wanting Chanyeol to reveal different sides of himself.

All the rays of Sunshine, he wanted to see them all.

So maybe the methods aren't Chanyeol's and maybe it's just Baekhyun scribbling away, continuing entry after entry because Chanyeol just intrigued him all that much. Because he was endlessly fascinated by Chanyeol's so-called whims and the way he carried himself around Baekhyun and how serious he got when he studied and the way he excitedly talked to him about his day and how he called him just to say I love you and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him.


Really, what else could Baekhyun do? He kissed back.

 

 


a/n: long awaited epilogue of cutest baekhyun and his sunshine! sorry this took so long to write :((( i hope you enjoyed it!!! comments(those make me real happy) and upvotes are much appreciated! thank you so much for reading. enjoy the baekyeol, enjoy the fluff!!