Infiltrated

Our City Uncovered

   click the music note for music !

Image result for sewer sketch

“There's nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.”
Banksy

YgPpTtZ.png

Baekhyun landed on his knees, sending waves of numbing pain up his already bruised body. He was held up by Kris and Luhan, who stood on either side of him. He glared up at Soohyuk who sat on top of his desk, staring down at him.

“Why didn’t you guys bring her back?” he demanded. Tao dipped his head in a bow. “Sir, she was not willing to cooperate.”

“Then why didn’t you make her?” Soohyuk asked, straightening up. Kris looked down at Baekhyun and nudged him forward. “He said that we wouldn’t make it out alive if she were to use her ability.”

At that, Soohyuk raised an eyebrow and walked closer to Baekhyun. He put his foot on his shoulder and kicked him back, earning another grunt of pain from him.

“How much do you know about her?” he asked, staring at the yellow-coloured bruises appearing on his face and running down his neck. Baekhyun looked up at him before spitting the blood out from his mouth onto the ground in front of him.

“ off.”

Soohyuk shook his head. “Alright, fair enough. She’ll come looking for you either way. For now, you just need to stay alive and act as bait.” He waved his hand, and Kris and Luhan gave him a curt nod before dragging Baekhyun out of the Forerunner’s office.

They had just stepped out before Soohyuk called for them.

“If he isn’t willing to say anything, make sure he can never do so again.” They nodded, and Tao immediately left after them to grab a towel to clean the blood off the ground.

YgPpTtZ.png

Nari looked around at the familiar forest she had memorized years ago and followed the hidden path towards the hidden vault door into the Cover. She ducked under the overhanging tree branches and growth to come to a small pothole in the ground.

She walked over, kicking off the grub that had settled onto the top before wrapping her hand onto the handle and pulling up. It took her a few hard tugs before she felt it creak and she was able to swing it open. She coughed when the dirt and dust infiltrated her nose, and stepped back to let it dissipate.

Looking down at the ladder and the narrow opening, she realized both her and her backpack would not fit. She found a tree, and made a makeshift pulley system to pull her bag up before securing the rope onto the trunk of the tree.

Then, she began climbing down. If she remembered correctly, this would lead her right into the Cover, where she would have to find another way into the Innermost.

She reached the bottom and she almost vomited up everything she had eaten when the smell of the sewers hit her and she could see the skulls of the people who were washed up against the walls. The sight was revolting and she did her best to avert her gaze from the decaying bodies.

She pulled her sweater over and began walking down the sewers, turning at the intersections she remembered.

She knew she had gone the right way when she heard the running water of the so-called lake inside the Cover. She came to the gate in the sewer that separated the Cover from the sewers. With a kick, the door swung open and she stuck close to the wall to avoid the sewer water from getting onto her clothes.

Once she was in, she took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling of the Cover. Pursing her lips, she climbed up from the sewer opening and pulled herself up onto one of the walkways of the Cover. She ducked when an Ordinarian walked by and pulled her cap down lower to cover her face.

It was one thing that BTS knew she was alive, but she didn’t need the people of the Cover to know, at least not yet. All she had to do was make it to the gate of the Innermost and find Baekhyun within.

YgPpTtZ.png

“Did you know she was alive?” Namjoon asked, standing in a line with the rest of s. They had made their way back to the Innermost after their encounter with Nari and they needed answers to their questions.

The Forerunner looked up at him and nodded. “I did, yes.”

“Then why didn’t you tell us? And why is it that everyone else remembers her except us?” Yoongi asked, his voice raising slightly in anger. Soohyuk raised an eyebrow at the tone.

“I wasn’t sure she would make it. I only found out she was alive recently and trust me, I’ve been doing everything in my power to bring her back safely. I wanted to help you guys forget so you wouldn’t have to suffer the pain of remembering.”

“You did so without our consent,” Jungkook pointed out. Soohyuk stood up. “Must I remind you that you operate under my orders? If I deem something is beneficial for my soldiers, why should I report to them first?”

Jin frowned. “You should have told us to go bring her back. We would’ve done it.” Soohyuk shook his head. “She might still hold a grudge against you guys for leaving her behind so there’s no telling she would cooperate.”

“She seemed to know that we didn’t remember her,” Hoseok pointed out. Soohyuk shrugged. “Maybe things got out. As you know already, Baekhyun was her companion for all these years.”

“And where is he now?” Taehyung asked. Soohyuk nodded behind them. “He’s in the Innermost. We’ll nurse him back to health so that he can return to duty also.”

“And what are we supposed to do now? Sit here until another team brings back our lost member?” Jimin asked.

“I will send all available soldiers out to search for her, if that makes you feel more at ease. I want you to rest for the time being,” Soohyuk said. Namjoon stood there. “What if she doesn’t want to come back?”

“We’ll just have to clear any misunderstandings there is between us.”

The seven of them watched as he pressed his finger onto the microphone and spoke, “This is the Forerunner speaking. This is a maximum-level emergency breach of the gate of the Innermost. An unidentified dangerous personnel has infiltrated into the Innermost. All soldiers, I repeat, all soldiers report to the weaponry.”

They stared at him with their mouth open before their eyes rolled to the back of their heads and they dropped to the floor unconscious. Soohyuk looked up at his three soldiers standing by the door with tranquilizer guns and nodded.

“Take her down.”

YgPpTtZ.png

Nari stared at the rows of soldiers in front of her and she furrowed her eyebrows. She was hardly surprised he would send so many to stop her but now that she was here, she just found it pitiful. He had to go through so much to stop one person.

“Let me through and no one gets hurt,” she repeated. The male standing parallel to her held up his gun. “We can’t do that. We’re on orders to not let you through and to bring you down if necessary.”

Another guy beside him scoffed. “How strong is one woman supposed to be that the Forerunner sent all of us out here?”

“He must be out of his mind,” another one commented.

“Step back and let me through. I have no business with you,” Nari said. She frowned when none of the soldiers moved an inch. She stepped back and cracked her neck to both sides.

“This is my first warning,” she whispered. Once again, nobody moved.

“My second warning. Why do you think he needs to send all of you out here for one girl? Think about it.” she said. Nari watched as a few guys stepped back to their guns higher.

“Last and final warning. You may not recognize my face but you will recognize my name.” She pulled out the nametag from under her shirt and tossed it in front of the guy who first spoke out to her. He looked down and tilted his head to read the metal plate. It took him a second before his eyes widened.

“You’re the first soldier." He whipped his head back up towards her, but it was too late.

All he saw were a pair of glowing red eyes and felt a sharp pain in his chest before he saw the warm blood gush out of his chest. Then, his brain shut off.

YgPpTtZ.png

“Where is he?” Nari hissed, throwing the door to Soohyuk’s office off its hinges. He raised an eyebrow, watching the metal door slide across the floor until it hit the wall.

“You really took out all the soldiers? Did you kill them all?” he asked. She glared. “You would’ve had first-class seat to the show. Why ask me a question you already know the answer to?”

He chuckled. “You’re right.”

She threw her knife at him, making sure to only graze his cheek. “Where is he?”

“He’s dead,” he replied, looking up at her. She stepped up to him with livid eyes. “Cut the bull. Where is he?” she repeated. Soohyuk grinned. “He might as well be dead. Do you want to see him?”

He pressed a finger into the microphone and a few seconds later, Kris dragged Baekhyun back into the room. Nari watched as he roughly threw him onto the floor and she rushed forward to catch him before his head could hit the ground. She glared up at the soldier but he did not return her gaze and simply left the room instead.

“What did you do to him?” she asked, running her fingers over his bruised face. His lips were pale, and his face was turning yellow with all the bruises sustained. She tapped on his cheek but he made no movement. Her heart raced when she put her fingers up to his neck to feel for a pulse.

“What did you do to him?” she snarled, turning her head to look at Soohyuk. He opened up a compartment of his desk, and brought out a small metal case onto the table. He turned it to her and opened it up. She squinted her eyes to get a better look.

“That’s-”

He smiled, holding up the narrow cylindrical container. “Let’s hope he survives the serum’s side effects.”

She looked back down at Baekhyun and turned his head to the side. Her eyes widened when she saw the injection wound on his neck. “You,” she whispered. “You injected him with the drug?!”

Soohyuk closed the box and put it back into his desk. “You’re working on an anti-virus, aren’t you? Why don’t you see if it works?”

Nari stared at him. ”How did you know?” Soohyuk walked out from behind his desk to come closer to her. He crouched down to place his fingers under her chin and lifted her face up so he could see her eyes.

“What don’t I know about you, my dear?” he asked.



a u t h o r 's    n o t e 

       I love reading all your comments! It's always nice seeing feedback from you guys reading the chapter. Anyway, hope you liked the chapter! There may or may not be a double update because man, my ideas are running all over the place (despite it being 3am). 

       Also, I'm so sorry to all the Baekhyun stans out there.