Four and Five

Our City Uncovered

click the music note for music !

A/N: it's a double update so if you haven't read 'think harder' click back to read it first! [7/17/2017]

Image result for sketch of a gun

“And none will hear the postman’s knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?”
W.H. Auden

YgPpTtZ.png

Jimin whirled around, his eyes frantic when the smoke enveloped him and he was robbed of his vision. He looked back but Yoongi was no longer there and a sense of fear began to rise.

“Yoongi? Where are you?” he called out. He took a step back to retrace his steps but the more steps he took, the more lost he felt.

He continued walking around for a while but he couldn’t find his way out of the clearing they had seen before. The place where he was certain was where the fire was also disappeared.

His ears picked up on the sound of a gunshot and he turned around in the direction of where it came. He held his gun up, with the barrel tucked tight under his chin.

He put one foot in front of the other, slowly walking towards the sound. However, just as he made it close to where he had suspected the sound to be, all the noise stopped and he could no longer tell where it was coming from.

He was beginning to grow more and more paranoid and he took out his wrist device to see if he could get in contact with the other members. His eyes widened when he saw that he had absolutely no signal and all connections were lost.

He didn’t notice how long he had been messing around with the device, trying to get it back online but he stilled and slowly raised his head when he felt a presence behind him.

He set his arm down slowly and turned around, only to see more of the thick white smoke.

“Where are you?”

He heard footsteps to his left and he turned immediately but there was still no one there.

“Do you recognize my voice?”

He frowned when the voice enveloped him but no matter how many times he spun around, he couldn’t find the source.

“I don’t,” he replied. “Who are you?”

“You know me, Jimin.”

His eyes rounded when he heard his name. “How do you know my name?”

“I know a lot about you, Jimin. What do you want to hear?”

He frowned, feeling helpless in the current situation. When he didn’t reply, she continued.

“How about we make a deal? I’ll show myself and you let me explain what’s going on before you shoot at me. One of your friends wounded me already and I’m not up for another fight so soon.”

“Was it Yoongi? Where is he?” Jimin asked.

“I made you a deal. Up to you whether or not you accept, Jimin.”

He narrowed his eyes and thought about it for a second. He saw no other option beside making a run for it but with the smoke, he had no idea where he was and had lost all sense of direction.

“Fine. I’ll hold fire.”

“Perfect. Then we have ourselves a deal.”

Just as she finished her sentence, he felt something hit the tip of his boot. As the object was thrown to him, the smoke around its course blew away and he ducked down to pick up what seemed to be a necklace.

He tilted his head at the familiar badge and at first, he thought she had thrown him one of his team member’s badges. He turned it over and was confused to see that the name and ID number didn’t belong to the seven of them.

“What is this?” he asked, looking up and around him.

“Read what it says on the badge,” she instructed.

He furrowed his brows but did as told.

“Lee Nari-”

His hand clenched around the badge and he whipped his head up.

“Nari,” he said again.

His eyes widened when he saw a gray figure through the smoke and when she was close enough, he was able to put a face to the name.

“You’re alive,” he whispered. He stood there, his rifle hanging off his shoulders and his fingers holding her badge tight. He was about to say something when his eyes fell onto the blood seeping out from her side and he took a step forward in concern.

She stepped back and he looked up at her in surprise. “Do you remember me now?”

He nodded. “No wonder you said we knew you. I can’t believe I forgot.”

She frowned, tilting her head. “You don’t have a splitting headache? No images flashing through your eyes?”

This time, he mirrored her expression and frowned. “Why would I have a headache? What images? What are you talking about?”

fell ajar and she raised an eyebrow at his confusion. She shook her head. “Never mind that. Right now, I need you to do something for me.”

He blinked when she took a step closer to him. “What is it? Where is Yoongi?”

He had left himself so unguarded that she was able to reach her arm up and stick the needle through the softer fabric on his neck.

“Rest,” she whispered.

YgPpTtZ.png

Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok had crossed the path between the two forests and was scouting the area opposite to where Jimin and Yoongi supposedly were.

“I think I heard something,” Hoseok whispered, his head turning back to the direction they came from. Namjoon and Jin turned around to see what he was talking about. Hoseok turned back to them and pointed back.

“Did you guys hear that gunshot too?”

Jin frowned. “I didn’t hear anything.” He turned to Namjoon who shook his head also and Hoseok tilted his head. “Then maybe I’m just hearing things.”

“Should we at least go back and check it out?” Jin asked. Hoseok shook his head and pushed him forward to keep walking. “I was probably imagining things.”

They continued down the forest, moving tree branches aside to get further in.

They had just cut another branch down when Hoseok turned around again.

“I hear something again,” he said, his eyes not leaving the path where they came from. Namjoon and Jin turned around.

“What is it?” Namjoon asked, walking back to him. Hoseok tilted his head and squinted his eyes. “I swear I saw something run by.”

“Something or someone?” Jin asked. Hoseok shook his head. “I don’t know. It was a flash of movement that I couldn’t quite catch.”

“We don’t want to be ambushed in here. Go back,” Namjoon ordered.

They hastened their footsteps and was following the faint path they had made upon the grassy ground with their boots.

The three of them heard the trees rustling behind them and they brought their guns up in reflex.

“I don’t want to fight,” came the voice.

Their eyes rounded in confusion and Jin looked up above him where the voice seemed to have come from.

“Who are you? Show yourself,” Namjoon said. Hoseok turned, his back against Jin and Namjoon’s.

“You’ll shoot me on sight. Why would I do that?”

Jin frowned. “You’ve taken two of our members. We just want them back.”

“Make that four.”

Their eyes widened.

“You got Yoongi and Jimin too? Are they alive?” Hoseok shouted, his head turning in all directions. Namjoon and Jin were doing the same, trying to find out where the voice was coming from.

“Stick close. If this person managed to get the two of them, we can’t afford to be separated,” Namjoon whispered. Jin and Hoseok nodded, stepping back so they were close.

“It’ll be three against two. Is that why you’re not revealing yourself?” Jin asked.

“It’ll be one against three. That’s why I’m not revealing myself.”

Namjoon raised a brow. “What do you mean? Did you not have an accomplice?”

“That’s not important. It’ll be unfair if we fought. I’m outnumbered.”

Hoseok clucked his tongue. “So what are you trying to get at right now? Take us out too?”

“I told you, I’m not here to fight you.”

“Then what do you want? Why have you taken our members? What do you have against the Cover?” Namjoon asked.

“I’ll explain to you if we can come to a reasonable compromise.”

Namjoon glanced back at his two members, who were waiting for his answer.

“What do you want?”

They heard her hum ring through the trees. “I want you to listen. Simple, right?”

Namjoon narrowed his eyes at her request. “Listen? Listen to what?”

“Ah, you were never too good at listening to orders. You’re still as hot headed as ever, aren’t you, Namjoon?”

His eyes widened when he heard her say his name and Jin and Hoseok turned to him in shock.

“Why does she know your name?” Jin asked, feeling terrified.

“Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, and Jung Hoseok.”

They stood there, not knowing how she knew their full names.

“Do you know us?” Jin asked.

“I do. You know me too.”

Hoseok frowned. “What’s your name?”

“We met recently. At the farmhouse.”

“Farmhouse?” Jin repeated.

“You guys even called out my name. Do you remember?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. What farmhouse?” Hoseok asked.

“He must’ve really cleaned your mind for you, didn’t he?”

“Is that all? You just wanted to let us know that for some reason you know all our names?” Namjoon asked.

“I want you to remember me,” she said.

They turned around when they heard something drop and they stepped back with their guns up when they saw the girl standing in front of them.

“You’re brave. You knew you were outnumbered and you still showed yourself,” Hoseok observed, staring at her. She turned to him and grinned.

“I still have your members hostage. If you kill me, you’re never going to get them back either. That’s why none of you have opened fire yet, am I right?”

“You’re gusty, that’s for sure,” Hoseok said. “Now, where are they?”

She held her hands up in surrender when he raised the gun higher. “You haven’t even let me finish my explanation.”

Namjoon cocked his gun. “Then get on with it.”

“You asked for my name? It’s Nari. Lee Nari. Eighth member of BTS. Went missing years ago during a mission. We met at the farmhouse where Jungkook remembered this tattoo.” They held their breath when she pulled down the neck piece of the suit, revealing the familiar branded tattoo.

“Nari?” Hoseok whispered, blinking. He grew dizzy when he tried to remember and he stepped back. Jin also seemed to stir at the name and he clutched onto his helmet when he felt the headache form.

Nari turned to Namjoon and stared at him. Her eyes rounded when his finger pulled back and he stared her down.

“What did you do to them?” he hissed, firing a shot at the ripped fabric he noticed on her pant leg.

She didn’t have enough time to dodge when he rushed forward and grabbed her neck. He slammed her down and she let out a gasp of pain when she felt the wind being knocked out of her lungs and she clutched onto his arm. He hopped onto her body, his knees digging down onto her chest and she could feel the wound on her side stinging in extreme pain.

“Namjoon, stop,” she gasped. Her eyes widened in fear when she saw the vengeful look in his eyes and she gripped onto his wrist, trying to push him off.

“I don’t care who you are but you’ve caused us a lot of trouble. We couldn’t get your accomplice but if we can bring your body back, I’m sure the Forerunner will forgive us for our recent mistakes.”

She coughed, feeling her vision blur at the loss of oxygen. She weakly tapped against his arm.

She couldn’t even begin to explain the tearing feeling that ripped through her chest. It wasn’t because of the loss of oxygen and circulation. Rather, it was the searing pain that the man in front of her did not remember her at all. He had his fingers wrapped around her neck with the intentions to kill and she couldn’t do anything about it.

She let out a gasp when she felt his wrists loosen from her neck and she reached her fingers up to rub at her raw neck. She lifted her head to see that Hoseok had thrown him off of her.

“What are you doing? That’s our member you’re pinning down, Namjoon!” Hoseok shouted. Namjoon stared up at him and pushed himself off the ground. He aimed his gun at Hoseok.

“What did she do to brainwash you? We don’t know her. Hoseok. She’s trying to tear us apart.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened when Namjoon walked closer, bringing the gun to his temple.

“Namjoon, where do you think you’re pointing?”

Namjoon narrowed his eyes. “I don’t know what she’s done to you but you’re not in your right mind. Back off so I can finish her.”

Hoseok grabbed onto his gun and held it up closer against his forehead. “Then shoot me. I’m not going to let you hurt her more than you already have.”

Namjoon growled. “Stand down, Hoseok. I’m warning you.”

All of a sudden, he felt his fingers lose the hold on his gun and he let out a gasp when his arm tensed up painfully. He clutched onto it, seeing the veins appear. Hoseok had also fallen down, his fingers tightened around his thigh in pain.

Jin, who was off to the side, had fallen unconscious as soon as the waves of pain began.

Nari stared at them and her eyes rounded in realization at what was happening. She bit her lip and pushed herself off the ground to stagger her way towards them.

“Please, let me take out your trackers. If not, the pain is only going to get worse.”

She gasped when Namjoon pushed her away and she landed back on the ground, wincing at the pain shooting into both her her knife and bullet wound.

“Stay the away. Get up, we’re getting out of here.”

He walked over and pulled Jin up, throwing an arm over his shoulder. Nari watched Jin’s limp body and she frowned when she saw the pained expression he wore, even while he was unconscious.

“Namjoon, please. Soohyuk’s doing everything he can to stop you from remembering but I need you to think harder. You know me. Don’t do this,” she pleaded.

Namjoon glared at her and aimed his gun at her as he kept Jin up. “You’ve successfully taken down my whole team but I’m not letting you take any more of us. I’m letting you off this time but don’t think for one second that I’m letting you get away with this,”

He was about to walk over and get Hoseok off the ground too when he heard a click. He looked up to see Nari pulling Hoseok behind her. She held the last smoke grenade in her hand with the pin removed.

She shook her head as she let the grenade fall to the ground.

“I’m sorry that you couldn’t remember but I can’t let you take Hoseok back too.”



a u t h o r ' s n o t e

    Five down- two more to go? But who knows how long that'll take! 

    Hope you enjoyed the two chapters! As always, thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. It makes me incredibly happy!