Five

The Legendary Adults' Talk

Things got worst when Yoongi received a parcel with a letter from Seokjin for the first time after 3 ing years.


 

3 goddamn years were sure long enough for Seokjin to write to Yoongi.

 

And among all modes of mailing, Seokjin chose the traditional snail mail. Yoongi had hoped that Seokjin would use e-mail instead, just a click away and your recipient can received it.

 

On that very day, Yoongi got a call from the lobby. The security guard had called him, telling him that there was a parcel for him.

 

This is weird.

Yoongi seldom had anything mailed to his house. Except when Seokjin was still there. Seokjin loved to order items online and had it mailed over to the house.

 

Could it be…..

Yoongi shook his head.

It could not be him.

 

He quickly wore his slippers and head down to the ground floor, where the security guard was situated at.

 

“Mr Min, here’s your parcel!”

The security guard was all smiles.

 

Yoongi gave a slight nod and took the parcel back to his apartment. Once he reached his apartment, he took the book and settled down on his couch.

 

He brought the parcel closer to him and looked at the label closely.

 

It was indeed send to him….

 

And… the handwriting was goddamn familiar..

 

“ you, Kim Seokjin…”

Yoongi gritted his teeth.

 

---------


 

Well, Yoongi did not expect to receive a parcel from Seokjin.

 

At all.

 

After 3 years, Seokjin just mailed a parcel to him out of the blue.

 

Yoongi opened the parcel and found a few items inside:  a notebook, a pen and a few sweet wrappers that he had no idea what the hell it was there at the first place.

 

“Goddamn it!”

He closed the parcel again with frustration and went back to his room to sleep.

 

--------


 

The box was left on top of the coffee table for a week and Yoongi decided may be it was time for him to face the truth.

 

Could it be Seokjin was trying to tell him that he is leaving him for good? Was Seokjin living well somewhere at the corner of the earth? Was Seokjin coming back for good?

 

Many questions kept appearing in Yoongi’s mind but it could not really gave him a very good answer.

 

After coming back from work on a Friday, Yoongi settled down in front of the box. He wondered if he should call someone over together to see the content of the box.

 

Yoongi sighed.

Who would come?

 

Yoongi knew nobody as he had already pushed all them away. He opened the box slowly and saw the notebook, a pen and a few sweet wrappers again. He took the notebook by his hands and flipped them open to read.

 

The first page was blank, so Yoongi continued to flipped to the second one.

 

“Yoongi yah…”

 

The moment Yoongi saw his name on the notebook written by Seokjin, tears started to welled up in his eyes. He closed the book out of frustration and threw it against the wall, landed in the other side of the room.

 

“ you, Kim Seokjin!”


 

-----


 

Yoongi hated how weak he was for Seokjin. Just merely Seokjin’s handwriting could actually ed up his world once again.

 

“Hyung?”

Hoseok peered into the dark studio, and found Yoongi lying on the couch with his monitor blasting off the latest songs that he produced.

 

Again, it was all about Seokjin again.

 

The tear jerking melody would definitely tugged the heartstrings of the listeners once again.

 

Hoseok thought. He could not felt but something was amiss. Yoongi was looked more haggard than usual and was totally unpresentable for the public.

 

“Get out.”

Yoongi’s voice was muffled as he got the pillow covering his face.

 

Yoongi could not believe that he did not dare to head home, just because that box was actually in the living room. He knew he was running away, running away from the fact that Seokjin did bother to send him a parcel.

 

But what does that even mean?

 

Yoongi could not understand what Seokjin was doing and why did he even bother to send a parcel to him.

 

“Hope ah, i’m tired of all stuff.”

Yoongi said as he took the pillow away from his face.

“Please accompany me back home.”

 

“Why hyung?”

Hoseok walked towards the couch and squated down.

“What’s wrong?”

 

It was out of the blue for Yoongi to invite Hoseok to his house. Yoongi was a very private person that he would not even invite anybody to his house after Seokjin left.

 

“Seokjin had mailed me a parcel.”


And that response left Hoseok dumbfounded.