Four

The Legendary Adults' Talk

 

It was empty without Seokjin.

 

The streets seemed empty even though there were human beings walking past. The bread tasted stale even though it was just fresh from the oven. The soil seemed dry even though it just rained not long ago.

 

Nothing seemed right.

 

Yoongi felt as if a part of him was lost. Hoseok felt that nothing seemed possible for him at that moment.

 

None of them seemed like what they were back then. It was torturing for everybody.

 

Yoongi tried many ways to get his life back on track, but the bottles of soju were the only thing to keep him sane. Many said that he was ruined, many said that he became a drunkard.

 

All Hoseok knew was alcohol was the only form of escapism Yoongi could turn too.

 

3 years gone by and Yoongi had became a successful producer that he had promised Seokjin. Those songs he produced tugged the audience’s heartstrings. Yoongi’s lovelorn songs were well received by the public, and many of the fans were wondering what made him produced those songs.

 

Yoongi would never disclosed his privacy in the public, he would turn away whenever the interviewers or reporters asked about his inspiration.

 

It was Seokjin all along.

 

He dare not say it out loud. Seokjin was as if the taboo word after all these years.

 

Yoongi would turned away from the media just because of that question and it did caused quite an uproar from the public. Some people had said Yoongi was arrogant, head-in-the-air guy.

 

“Those aren't fans of mine.”

Yoongi would scoffed whenever he saw the netizens written those crude comments on the net.

 

Shouldn't the fans saw it through that I doesn't like to have my privacy disclosed? Don't they know me well?

Yoongi would laughed upon that thought.

 

Right. Nobody understands me like how Seokjin did.

 

Yoongi would then left an ambiguous remarks on his SNS, which indirect telling those netizens off, causing a commotion on the net once again.

 

That was when PR comes in.

Hoseok had become the senior executive of the manager level in the company.

 

Hoseok always had a hard time to fend their company off from the fires from the public.

He would sometimes even plead Yoongi to just ignore those comments and let the company take charge.

 

“What? Come on. From what I see,  the company could not do anything to those anonymous cowards at all.”

Yoongi laughed it off.

"Those cowards could only choose to hide behind the screen 'cos they knew they can't do anything to me if they meet me face to face."

 

Yoongi had became more cynical as days went by, to the extend that Hoseok would hope Yoongi would stop being like that.

 

And Yoongi took some time to realised that apparently, the universe did not revolve around Seokjin.

His life did not revolve around Seokjin.

 

He kept telling himself, it was time to let go but the could not.

Every single thing around him constantly reminded him about Seokjin.

 

“I’m going back home.”

Yoongi said as he picked up his phone and head out of the studio.

 

“Hyung!”

Hoseok called out, but nothing answered him except for the closing of the door.

 

-----

 

Yoongi hated himself for the despair he felt. He hated the fact that he was nothing when Seokjin left.

 

He hated himself for not being able to help Seokjin out when Seokjin was standing on the edge of despair.

Yoongi felt that Seokjin was selfish. He still could not accept the fact that he left.

 

But that was just a little part of him.

 

The majority part of him still wishes Seokjin would just miraculously walked into the apartment door one day, telling Yoongi that everything was alrigh and he came back for good.


 

That was what he hoped,

 

every single day.

 

3 years.

 

No news of Seokjin and Yoongi had gradually lost touch with the rest. He became a total shut off and the only thing he would do was to sleep, eat,produce songs and repeat. The only person he kept in touch was just Hoseok.

 

Yoongi opened the door of his apartment slowly, never failed to hope Seokjin would be back.

 

"Seokjin?"

Yoongi called out, but there was no answer. It became a habit ever since Seokjin left.

 

He took a deep breath, inhaling the lavender smell in the room. That was Seokjin's favourite. Seokjin would always placed the lavender diffuser in the middle of the room. That was what the doctor instructed Seokjin to do.

 

Jin....

 

There was no Seokjin.

 

Perhaps, he was not that important to Seokjin from the start…

Yoongi smiled bitterly upon that thought.

 

Seokjin…

 

Seokjin Seokjin....


 

Seokjin..................


Yoongi crouched down on to the ground and started bawling loudly.