Chapter 37

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Wanna Dance?”


For the first time since his first day of university, Jiyong was nervous.

 

Bodies bumped into him as they continued to dance around him, but his focus remained on one man, the only person he was even there for.

 

Seunghyun stood against the wall surrounded by his friends, he probably didn’t even know who he was. Although Jiyong had made a name for himself around campus, they ran in completely different circles, only a few of their friends mingles.

 

He had learned about the man his sophomore year and it had taken him a full year to gather up the courage to talk to the man. Tonight he was finally going to talk to him.

 

“Will you go already?” Youngbaes annoyed voice sounded to his right and two gentle hands on his back gave him the final push he needed.

 

His feet lead him to his target, the man had no idea.

 

If he was being perfectly honest, Jiyong didn’t either. He was nervous, he didn’t even really know what to say. What if Seunghyun had heard the bad rumors about him and believed them? What if the man brushed him off like he was nothing? What if the man was straight?

 

Jiyong gulped but continued on his way. He was already standing in front of the man, the man looking at him with curiosity.

 

There was no turning back.

 

“Jiyong! I didn’t know you were coming!” Kyungil gave him a half hug as Jiyong smiled at the man.

 

Out of everyone Seunghyun hung out with, Kyungil was the only one he knew on a personal level. They had met after sharing a class together freshman year and had been friends ever since.

 

“I didn’t know you were going to be here either. I thought Cherin was still mad at you.”

 

He could hear himself laughing at the man distraught face. Kyungil had a small crush on the woman holding the party.

 

“She’s still mad at me? .”

 

Kyungil grumbled as he walked away, probably to go make amends with the feisty girl. Jiyong wished him internal luck as he watched the man disappeared in the crowed.

 

“You’re Jiyong?”

 

The deep voice broke his attention and Jiyong slowly turned to look at the man. He was so much more attractive up close and his voice was naturally seductive. Why had Jiyong waited so long for this?

 

“Yeah, nice to meet you.” He ignored the gazes of thos surrounding him as he held out his hand for a shake, holding back his cry of delight as the other placed his hand in his own, giving a firm shake before releasing. He had a reputation to keep, and he didn't want to be made fun of after going back to his friends.

 

“I’ve heard about you. You’re pretty well known around campus.”

 

He really hoped the man hadn’t heard anything bad. He always tried to squash those rumors as soon as they started.

 

“It’s nice, being able to put a face to a name. You’re cuter then I thought you would be.”

 

Jiyong blushed. He could feel his face heating up at the unexpected compliment. He hadn’t been expecting it, he hadn’t expected Seunghyun to be so straightforward. He could hear the guy to Seunghyuns left chuckle but he brushed it off. He knew everyone within earshot was proably listening.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Seunghyun smiled, eyeing him up and down. Jiyong was grateful that he had put extra effort into his appearance. He knew he looked good. Soojoo had told him he looked like on legs as soon as he stepped into the house. 

 

Jiyong stood with confidence, Seunghyun looked pleased by what he saw.

 

Their eyes connected.

 

“You’re not so bad yourself.” Jiyong would have slapped himself for the cliche line but Seunghyun's laughter stopped him from doing so.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, wanna dance?”

 

Jiyong heart skipped a beat and he smiled at the man.

 

“I would love to.”

 

Looking back on the night, 5 years later, Jiyong would call this one of the best nights of his life. Second only to the night Seunghyun proposed.



In which nothing would come to mind for this chapter.