Chapter 26

50 Moments to Show I Care

“I got you a present.”


Unedited


 

At 3 o'clock in the morning, when his parents and older sister were tucked safely in his bed, Jiyong laid in his own bed, staring at the ceiling as he thought about school. He had studied for the test all day, even cancelling his date with Seunghyun in the process, but even that extra study time did little to calm his nerves.

 

A small knock on his window drew him from his idle thoughts and he jumped in surprise as it sounded again.

 

Slowly, against his better judgment, he rose from his bed, hesitantly making his way the the closed window. There was no one standing there, he was on the second floor, so he watched for the knock the happen again.

 

He was surprised to see a small pebble hitting the glass, like something from an 80’s movie.

 

There was only one person dumb enough to throw a pebble at his window at 3 in the morning.

 

Yanking his window open, he met the startled gaze of Seunghyun. His arm was revved to throw another pebble but it slowly lowered as a wide grin consumed his face.

 

Jiyong watched as the other waved him down and, once again ignoring the fear of being caught by his parents, he grabbed a jacket off of his chair and slowly snuck out his front door.

 

He was lucky he didn’t trip on the way.

 

Once the cool air reached his uncovered face,  Jiyong regretted not grabbing a coat instead. It was cold, extremely. He assumed he would be fine as all Seunghyun had on was a thin jacket but upon speculation, Seunghyun's nose was red and his skin was pale.

 

“Hyunnie, what are you doing here?” He was tired, his voice gave it away. He hadn’t realized just how tired he was when he was laying down.

 

“It’s was our anniversary yesterday and you cancelled on me.”

 

Guilt flooded his body and he regretted not spending the day with the man. After 3 years of dating, this was the first year they didn’t spend it together.

 

“Sorry, I-”

 

Seunghyun held up his hand and Jiyong's mouth snapped shut.

 

“It’s fine, I just wanted to give you this. I got you a present.”

 

Jiyong watched as Seunghyun grabbed a small box out of his pocket, tossing it to Jiyong who nearly missed it in his tiredness.

 

“I’m not staying for you to open it. Go inside and get some sleep, you have a test in the morning.”

 

It felt like a dream as the older man stole a kiss before running off. Disappearing before Jiyong even realized he had been kissed.

 

Cheeks flushing red, he quickly made his way back into the house, careful to lock the door, before running up the stairs and into his room.

 

Sitting on his bed indian style and wasted no time to unwrap the box.

 

It was a chain with a pendent on the end. It was by far the nicest one he had ever seen. More importantly he knew it had cost the man a fortune. He had seen the chain in a magazine and mindlessly stated that it was nice. It was name brand so he never would have expected it.

 

Seunghyun buying it for him made his heart flutter.

 

Carefully placing it back into the box, he pulled out his phone to text Seunghyun.

 

Thank you. Your gift… I love it. I’ll wear it as my good luck charm.

 

Only a few seconds passed before his phone vibrated.

 

‘I love you.’

 

He smiled, laying down on his bed while keeping his eyes glued on the screen. The only thing better  than Seunghyun's gift was his love.

 

I love you too.

 

He slept like a baby after that.


I want to see a show on broadway. Suggestions?