Delirium [YH]

Scribbles

Seohyun gave the dental assistant a short bow as the woman exited the room. It had been an excruciatingly long half hour of sitting in the waiting room, she couldn’t concentrate on her book when her mind kept blanking out and her eyes constantly flew to the closed door in concern. So it was a great relief when the assistant had walked back out and invited her to sit beside the patient. She was warned that it may take a few more minutes for the patient to come to, but seeing the passed out woman on the dental chair was enough to set her unnecessary worry aside. She took to the small bench situated against the wall, once again taking out her book as she tries to pass the time productively until the woman woke from her drugged sleep.

 

She had just finished a chapter when she heard the woman groan as she stirred. Her head lolled to one side, staying in that position for a good while as she, what Seohyun guessed, took in her surroundings. Finally, her head lolled to the other side giving Seohyun an unrestricted view of her puffy face and glassy stare. Seohyun held back a chuckle, wondering when the woman would finally take notice of her presence.

 

An idea popped into her mind and she slipped the bookmark on her page and put the book away. Fishing for her phone she quickly went to the camera app and recorded the woman’s reaction. Their seniors would love to have a look at their rambunctious junior’s antics, especially now that she was under the influence. She moved closer, grinning when the woman’s eyes widened as she registered her advances. A wide smile soon lifts her face and Seohyun couldn’t help giggling at the puffy smile.

 

“Hey, Yoona.” She called softly.

 

“Hyunnnnie” Yoona drawled, “I’m going to get my wisdom tooth removed today.” She said proudly. The cotton around gave her a bit of a lisp but Seohyun could still make out most of the words. She nodded her head, deciding to play along.

 

“Really? Are you scared?”

 

Yoona shut to frown, kind of, the cotton made it hard to do so but it doesn’t seem to register in the older woman’s mind as she continues to shake her head. She still had no idea it was already done. “I’m not scared.”

 

“Well, that’s good.”

 

“How long do you think it’s going to take?” Yoona rests her head, staring blankly into space.

 

“About half an hour.” Seohyun grinned, “But, Yoona, it’s already out. You’re done.”

 

A bewildered look crosses her peaceful face and she looks to Seohyun. “I am?” doubt quickly settles on her face and she looks at her wristwatch. Her face then twists into disbelief “whoa.”

 

She lays her hand down, head falling back on the headrest and her eyes briefly close, almost like she was passing out again. Concern starts to take root in Seohyun’s mind when Yoona’s eyes fly open and she blankly stares at the monitor regulating her pulse. Her eyes begin to wander around the premise and when they fall on Seohyun and her phone surprise takes over her blank look and her back flies off the chair.

 

“Hyun-ah! When did you get here?” Just as quickly, the concern left Seohyun’s thoughts and she giggles at the confused woman.

 

Yoona began to reach for , feeling the puffiness and her eyes widens a little more in surprise. “They already took it out? How did that happen! I was here the whole time! I was awake! How come I don’t remember?” And Seohyun should have taken pity at the frazzled state Yoona was in, but it was just too funny. She laughed a little more, still trying to hold her phone up and record the whole scene. Yoona leans a little more forward off her seat, her brows furrowing in confusion. “How long did it take?”

 

“Half an hour. Maybe a little more than that.” Once again, Yoona’s wrist swung up to her face as she took a good long look at her wristwatch. “Whoa… It’s done…”

 

She takes a few seconds perusing the room, looking over her chair one way, then the other. “Where did everybody go? Shouldn’t they be taking my wisdom tooth out?”

 

“It’s already out.” This time Seohyun rolls her eyes. How strong was the gas to have this kind of effect on her? Yoona was completely out of it, like she had retrograde amnesia that instantly wiped her mind. She kind of reminded her a little like Dory from Finding Nemo. Well, she always did like imitating people and characters.

 

“Hyun-ah..” Yoona called out to her, snapping her out of her musing. Yoona held out her hand, goofy grin in place. Seohyun closed the distance between them, clasping the offered hand while making sure she could still take a clear shot of Yoona. It was a little hard since the camera was too close to Yoona’s face. Just as she was debating whether to end the recording there the assistant came in.

 

“Oh, you’re awake now Miss Im.” The woman smiled at the two of them. Seohyun nodded her head to the woman, pulling back from Yoona’s hand to speak to her properly.

 

“Can we leave now?” She asked politely, trying to keep her voice down as not to excite Yoona too much.

 

“Not quite yet. We’d like to make sure the bleeding has stopped before we let her go. Just as a precaution.” She turned her sights to the confused woman. Seohyun decided it was best she stood back and let the woman do her job as she approached Yoona while wheeling a cart closer to the seat. “Miss Im, I’m just going to check on your gums, see if it’s still bleeding. I’m also going to be changing the cotton in your mouth. It’s not going to hurt.”

 

“Are you here to take my wisdom tooth out?” Yoona innocently asked.

 

“Oh, no dear. We’ve already got it out.” The woman laughs at the bug-eyed look she receives and Seohyun wonders if this was a regular sight for them, seeing delirious patients repeatedly ask them questions. Fortunately, Yoona seems to know to behave for a few moments and she leaned back, letting the assistant change the pieces of cotton in . It only takes her a few seconds and she pats Yoona’s hand to let her know she was done. “Okay, that’s it. Just keep biting down on the cotton as to stop the bleeding quicker. You’ll be out of her in a few minutes, that alright with you dear?”

 

Yoona hesitantly nods her head though it looks like she didn’t understand what the woman meant. When her eyes roamed over to Seohyun her face brightened and she tried to reach for her again. “Hyunnie! When did you get here?”

 

Seohyun returned to her side, gripping her hand. The woman seems to find the situation a little hilarious and even silently mouths to Seohyun if she’d like her to take over filming. Seohyun timidly nods her head and passes the device over before throwing her undivided attention to Yoona.

 

“Yoongie, why don’t you lay back down?” She gently pushes her down by her shoulder and Yoona complies. She even tries to fix her hair down.

 

“Is it about time the dentist comes to take my tooth out?” She asks.

 

Seohyun sighs and gently runs her thumb over the back of Yoona’s hand. “They already did.”

 

She gasps, and at this point, Seohyun thinks it’s getting a little old. “No way! I don’t remember it… Last I remember we were still in the waiting room.. and then they called me and put me here, but then here you are... I thought they told you that you can’t be here?”

 

“They did. That happened about an hour ago.”

 

“No way.. I’m seriously freaking out here.” Seohyun gives her shoulder a sympathetic pat. “I don’t believe you. Are you trying to prank me right now? I’m going to check my watch to be sure.” She does, lifting her wristwatch to her face to get a read on it and her face takes on a fish like expression. This time Seohyun laughs with the assistant. “Whoa… I think I need eyeglasses…”

 

She looks to the assistant. “Did you take them out?”

 

The woman laughs “I didn’t. But I helped.”

 

“How long did it take?”

 

“Oh, about half an hour.”

 

Another gasp. “That is so weird…” Yoona lifted a hand to her cheek, gently prodding the numb skin “I know nothing right now. Hyun! Is this what it’s like on ?”

 

“Um… I don’t really know.. I don’t think so.”

 

“I’m like.. kinda out of it right now.”

 

“It’s good to know you know.”

 

“Hyun-ah.” Yoona calls, a swooning-like smile pulling at her lips as she takes Seohyun’s hand in both hers. “Have I told you that you’re the prettiest girls I’ve ever got to know?”

 

A heavy blush colours Seohyun’s cheeks when she hears the assistant ‘awing’ from behind the phone. She smiles sheepishly at the woman, but Yoona seems to think her smile meant differently and she frowns, tugging impatiently at their hands. “Nooo.. don’t look at her. Me, just at me. I have something important I need to tell you.” She sends the assistant a scowl, which sets her off again.

 

Seohyun chuckles along, gently patting Yoona’s hands to calm her down.

 

“Don’t you like it when I tell you that you’re pretty?”

 

“I do..” she admits softly, feeling her blush increasing.

 

“Good. Because you’re really pretty and I was wondering if you would like to go out with me?”

 

“Yoona-yah… we’re already dating.” Another round of awing.

 

Yoona takes on a look of total surprise as she sat up straight. She then looks at the ceiling and with a serious face, she mutters praises and thanks to her ancestors and every deity listening.

 

Seohyun’s blush darkens, and she’s both glad and mortified that everything her high girlfriend was saying was being recorded. There was no doubt in her mind that their senior will be able to dig out the video in due time. It had always seemed that she couldn’t hide anything from their animal like senses, and there was no way she was going to delete the video. She sighs in resignation, putting up a soft smile for the grinning fool.

 

 

A/N: Seems that something happened to the posting of this chapter. In the future, if you guys see two chapters that have the same content I had a problem posting the first one and decided to go ahead and double post.