The War part 5

At Least I'll Always Have You

Soldier- I’m a soldier from the army base, we need your help.

Yo Seob- What!?

Soldier- I believe you are aware of our situation, correct?

Yo Seob- Yes! I am completely aware! Wait, please wait a minute.

 

-Yo Seob approaches the pilot and some flight attendants telling them that a soldier from the army just called. He asks permission if his phone could be connected to the plane’s speakers. He was permitted.-

 

Yo Seob- Alright sir, please continue.

Soldier- Professor Woo has agreed to go with the enemy’s robots. He devised a plan that could completely turn things around, and he specifically asked if you could help. Not just you, but Na Hyun’s others friends will also be briefed later once they arrive at the safe zone. You 5 will be the key people in this operation. Here’s the plan:

Professor Woo will go with the enemy and work with him. In doing so, he will able to gather information about the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy. You and the others will later infiltrate the enemy’s whereabouts at the signal of the professor, and don’t worry: you will be armed with something special that the professor prepared. What we need right now is your courage and determination… and if you could somehow influence other people to join you, that would also be a big help. This is a large scale operation that involves everyone to fight for their homeland. Even ordinary citizens, from teenagers to adults, have volunteered to help. Only children and seniors are going to be kept in the safe zone; everyone will try to save their home from the enemy.

Speaking of which, the enemy was a former professor of the army base. His name is Professor Lee Dae Kwon. During his time, Professor Woo had just started working but was already recognized as a gifted professor. Professor Lee was gifted too, but the problem was he seemed insane. Because of his love for robotics and perfection, he started to stop appreciating the human race. Since we always commit errors or mistakes, he saw it as troublesome. One day, he proposed that every human be turned into robots so that we could live in a perfect world. Of course, the plan was rejected. But he did things on his own in secret, starting with himself. There was a night in the army base where the laboratory was already closed. Two scientists forgot their bags at the lab and went back to retrieve it. From outside the door, they heard noises of someone in pain. Before entering, they looked through the lab’s window and saw Professor Lee injecting himself with chemicals. There was blood splattered on the floor, he had replaced his arm with a mechanical one. When he turned around, they reliazed that even one of his eyes was mechanical. It was a gruesome and disturbing sight. They quickly ran and told the soldiers and generals. The other scientists were contacted as well. This case was reported to the president of South Korea and Professor Lee was no longer allowed to work as a scientist for the rest of his life. He was kept at the Army base’s top security facilities but disappeared after 2 days. Since then, no one had ever seen him… that is, until today.

His case was kept secret in order not to frighten the public, but the army had always been vigilant in protecting the people. That’s why having the Perfect Army Robot, A.K.A. Jun Hyung, was important for the army. But now he has Jun Hyung and made multiple copies. That’s why we need all the help we can get. Yo Seob, I promise you, as a soldier myself for 15 years now, that if it’s a plan from Professor Woo, it will not fail. The Lord has been favourable upon him and upon us, to think that we have 2 days to prepare for the enemy. Please, we need your help… and if there are other people with you, we need their help as well. This maybe the last chance for the human race… I would like to hear your answer… I will call again in 15 minutes to hear your decision.

-As the soldier ended the call, the plane was silent and all eyes were on Yo Seob-

Yo Seob- Omma… Appa… I am more than willing to go back and fight… will you let me?

Appa- Give us… some time to think…

-His parents spend the silence thinking deeply about the situation-

-Suddenly, the pilot stood up-

 

Pilot- I… am on this boy’s side. I too have a family, loved ones, whom I want to protect. I have been busy with this job of being a pilot, that I hardly have time to come home and be with my family and friends. Now that they need me the most, I want to be there with them. So, I will go with this boy and agree to the plans of the army.

 

-As the pilot smiled at Yo Seob, Yo Seob knew that God was now working in the heart of the pilot. He gained an accomplice. Then, the plane staff talked among themselves and decided that they too would join in the plan of the army. Suddenly, one by one, the passengers had started standing up, affirming that they were ready to risk their life to save the ones left behind. It all came down to Mr. and Mrs. Yang.-

 

Yo Seob- So… what do you say? Omma? Appa?

-The parents looked at each other and nodded. It seems that they had come to a decision.-

Mr. Yang- Ok, you are permitted to go. Under 3 conditions. 1st condition, your mother and I are coming with you as well (^_^)

Yo Seob- (!) A-appa… (smiles) thank you so much.

Mrs. Yang- 2nd condition, you are not allowed to die! You hear that son? When you get into a pinch, pray to God and look for any means of escape. Don’t recklessly fight when you don’t have a chance.

Yo Seob- Yes Omma. I understand.

Mr. and Mrs. Yang- And 3rd condition, since you’re willing to risk your life to save your friends and… Na Hyun as well… promise us that Na Hyun will the girl that you will marry.

Yo Seob- (!) What? But… I thought you did not approve of our relationship.

Mr. Yang- True, we didn’t want you to be in harm’s way. But… you love her so strongly that you are unafraid to go back for her.

Mrs. Yang- And anyway, the truth is your father was just as hard-headed as you back when we were dating (^_^).

Yo Seob- Huh?? Seriously?

Mr. Yang- Well, yeah. Her parents did not approve of me because they thought I was a slacker who loved dancing too much because my grades were quite low. So we dated secretly for quite some time, but your mother who loved her parents didn’t want to disobey them. So even though she loved me, she broke up with me. At that moment, my world became dark. God sent my friends to help me—I studied twice as hard and got into the top 10 in our class. As soon as the report card came out, I rushed to your mother’s house and showed her parents. I kneeled with my face to the ground, and once again asked if I could be her boyfriend. And they approved (^_^)

Mrs. Yang- See? (^_^) Forbidden love must be part of our family’s bloodline or something. But still, your case is more serious Yo Seob since it involves life and death. So please, since we permitted you, do not die and promise us that Na Hyun will be the only girl for you. Ok?

Yo Seob- That’s a promise!

-Yo Seob with tears in his eyes, gives both of his parents a tender embrace. He thanked God, thanked his parents and everyone on the plane for making the impossible happen.-

-The soldier calls Yo Seob-

Soldier- Yang Yo Seob, what is your decision? Will you help?

Yo Seob- yes sir! I will help, and I am bringing big company with me. These people with big hearts have also decided to prepare for battle.

Soldier- Brilliant! Thank you so much! Can you guys meet me in the safe zone?

-The pilot puts his hand on Yo Seob’s shoulder and gives him a thumbs up.-

Yo Seob- Yes Sir, just please send me the details of the location.

Soldier- Very well, see you at the safe zone.

-Everyone started to applaud, they had become motivated in serving the country. Soon, Yo Seob received the address of the safe zone.-

Yo Seob- Guys… Na Hyun…

Wait for me, I’m coming back.

 

-The Pilot starts the plane’s engine and prepares to head for the safe zone-