The War part 3

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

Yo Seob- Gi Kwang!?

Gi Kwang- Yeah! Just who’s voice do you think this is? Your mother’s? (-_-) Yo Seob, listen up! Where…

 

Suddenly, Gi Kwang dropped his phone…

This was because Jun Hyung turned his arm into a blade and slashed Hyun Seung’s right arm, sending him to the ground. But he got up again and chased after Jun Hyung and Na Hyun.

 

Yo Seob- Hello? Hello? Gi kwang?

    

Gi Kwang was no longer at the phone, he ran to Hyun Seung and Doo Joon, while the other soldiers fired their guns at Jun Hyung… and Yo Seob could hear all their voices…

 

Na Hyun- Hyun Seung!

Hyun Seung- Na Hyun! (started to feel weak due to loss of blood) Na Hyun…

Doo Joon- (caught the falling Hyun Seung) Hyun Seung! Are you alright?

Hyun Seung- Hyung… (feeling weak) Na Hyun… He’s getting away with Na Hyun.

 

-Jun Hyung’s feet turn into rockets; he flies away with Na Hyun-

 

Gi Kwang- (running towards Jun Hyung) Na Hyun! Na Hyun! No!

Na Hyun- (starting to cry) Gi Kwang Oppa…

 

-Jun Hyung and Na Hyun were soon out of sight-

 

Yo Seob was starting to get worried… he heard so much yelling… everyone seemed scared. If he remembers correctly… they were shouting Hyun Seung’s and Na Hyun’s name… what’s going on? Suddenly, the TV screen on the plane —showing the news channel. It has been broadcasted that squadrons of army robots have started invading the East of South Korea, particularly the area where Na Hyun and the others live… where Yo Seob used to live until he decided to get on the plane…

Meanwhile, Doo Joon and Gi Kwang carry Hyun Seung inside the small house where the soldiers also give him medical attention. Gi Kwang suddenly remembered dropping Doo Joon’s phone. He goes back outside to pick it up. When he returned inside, it started to ring.

 

Gi Kwang- Yeoboseyo? (hello?)

Yo Seob- (whispering so his parents won’t hear him) Ya! Are you guys safe? Are you guys alright? I heard shouting awhile ago; are Hyun Seung and Na Hyun ok? Are they hurt?

Gi Kwang- (sigh, sounding sad) Calm down Yo Seob… How about you? Where are you? Are you safe?

Yo Seob- (-_-) Hey, I asked first. And yes, I’m safe… actually, I might be the safest of all you guys… I’m, (I need to think of an excuse)… out of the country for now… on vacation ^^

Gi Kwang- WHAT!? (-_-) HOW CAN YOU BE ON VACATION AT A TIME LIKE THIS!? A-anyway… that’s actually good, don’t come back to Korea—it’s not safe here.

Yo Seob- Yeah; I’m watching the news right now, so I found out and got worried about you guys. Um… Gi Kwang… why did you drop the phone earlier?

Gi Kwang- Well… just promise us that you won’t come here once I tell you. Ok?

Yo Seob- … Gi Kwang…

-Gi Kwang explains everything to Yo Seob: from Dong Woon being shot at the leg to Hyun Seung being slashed on the arm; until Na Hyun was taken away. Yo Seob was so shocked that tears were about to come out his now watery eyes… Jun Hyung… what did he want with Na Hyun? … Dong Woon and Hyun Seung… are they going to be alright?-

 

Gi Kwang- Yo Seob, this is the last time we’ll talk to each other for now until we get to the safe zone. We just wanted to make sure that you were out of harm’s way. So now, we have to focus on our escape to the safe zone. Honestly, it’s not sure if we will make it there alive. So we just want to tell you our final words.

Yo Seob- Gi Kwang… (tearing up) no… don’t say that…

 

Gi Kwang- Seobie, you know I love teasing you ^^ That seems to be one of the main purposes of my life. I really enjoyed dancing and singing with you, and I enjoyed every silly thing we did together. Don’t worry about us or Na Hyun; things will work out somehow, so just worry about yourself for now. May God be with you and your family.

 

Doo Joon- Hello, Yo Seob? This is Doo Joon speaking. I hope you’re safe; please stay safe. We’ll contact you again when we reach the safe zone. As for Na Hyun, we’ll talk things out with Professor Woo on how to save her. Pray for the country; pray for yourself. We’ll see you later kiddo ^^ And if we don’t make it—well, there’s no such thing! God will be with us, so we’ll definitely make it to the safe zone. You and the guys plus Na Hyun have been one of the highlights of my life: I feel that a life without you guys would be incomplete =)

 

Hyun Seung- Yo Seob (still weak)… Don’t worry about us; keep yourself out of trouble. We’ll be okay; even when things get rough, that’s what makes us strong because the Lord will lend us His strength ^^… I’m a little dizzy now, so I just want to say that we missed you a lot and was worried when you didn’t answer your phone… Please don’t scare us like that ever again (-_-) Also, we haven’t successfully reunited you with Na Hyun for good, so we can’t die yet ^^… See you later Seobie~

 

Dong Woon- (weak, crying) Yo Seob hyung (sniff)… I’m so sorry… I wanted to protect Na Hyun so much… but in the end, I failed…

Yo Seob- No; you did well Dong Woon. It’s just that you were no match for Jun Hyung, that’s all.

Dong Woon- (sniff) We will get her back… definitely… (sniff) she has become such a close person to all of us… losing her… it’s difficult to forgive myself… (sniff)

Yo Seob- (joking) haha, you’re not crushing on her, are you Woony?

Dong Woon- Of course not! (cries)

Yo Seob- Haha^^ Calm down; I was just joking. I know you wouldn’t do that; you’re our lovable maknae (youngest).

Dong Woon- We miss you Yo Seob hyung, let’s hang-out again with Na Hyun later when all of this is over, ne? (ok?)

Yo Seob- Sure buddy (smiles). That’s a promise.

-The phone returns to Doo Joon-

Doo Joon- Alright, Yo Seob. We have to go now. The soldiers have finished attending to Hyun Seung and Dong Woon and will be carrying them until we reach the safe zone. Take care of yourself; bye for now dude.

Yo Seob- Yeah… bye for now…

 

The call with Doo Joon and the guys have ended. A tear fell from Yo Seob’s eyes… while he was on his way to a new life, his friends were in danger. How could he leave like this and just forget about all the things they’ve been through together? And even though they were in danger they still worried about him… so much that even while running away, they called him to make sure he was safe… such beautiful and great friends… how could he start anew and leave such treasures behind?…

The news channel was still being flashed on screen. But something weird was up… it seems that the squadrons of army robots started to evacuate the area! But even though they started to disappear, they had already caused much damage. Just then, a strange man appeared on the screen. He was wearing a lab coat, looked old and a bit… crazy. He wore a menacing smile on his face and was clapping his hands.

???- Did everyone see? My show was fantastic, was it not? Nowhere else can anyone find such a magnificent battalion of indestructible machinery. You idiots see now!? Why you shouldn’t have shunned my genius!? Why you shouldn’t have exiled my talent!? Well, now who’s laughing? And you all thought I was crazy too! But now, I’m the one sitting on the high chair, ready to declare YOUR exile anytime I wish it—your exile to death! Hahaha… now, I suppose you’ve noticed that I evacuated my beautiful army robots… Why do you think so? It’s actually quite temporary—I want to see you people put up a fight (evil laughter). I can’t just beat you guys now; it’s way too easy. So, I’m giving you one whole day to prepare yourselves. It won’t be long until I figure out how to invade your so-called “safe zone” as well. And then, that’s the end ^^ Since that’s where all the people are right now, there’s no use for me to run rampant on the streets—so I’ll evacuate for now and kill you all tomorrow; I’m sure by then I’ll know how to enter the safe zone ^^

Oh… and one more thing… to the dear Professor Woo, I have your daughter with me (chuckle). Aren’t you glad? I told her little robot friend to fetch her for me ^^ They have been reunited! In fact, I would love for you to join in the reunion as well. I will have two of my soldiers waiting outside the army base to come get you. No funny tricks now, or else my robots will just shoot everyone they see (smiles) Also, if you refuse to go, I’ll just kill your daughter. And if you come, as a reward, I’ll give the country 24 hours of peace before I finish it off; after all, a battle just isn’t fun without watching you hopelessly try to defend your dear homeland and everyone in it. Haha! Don’t disappoint me Professor Woo; why not try to buy your country some time? (smiles) even though it’s all futile, but still, hahaha... I’ll be waiting. The robots will come get you in 30 minutes, you have until then to make your decision.