The beginning

At Least I'll Always Have You

 

Yo Seob- Yeah… So, promise me?

Na Hyun- Sure.

Yo Seob- Well… 

 

Jun Hyung played a big part in my nightmare… He nearly killed me…

 

Na Hyun- ! Are you serious!?

Yo Seob- Yeah… he was so angry at me…He hated that after you traded him to get me back, I broke up with you… He was totally furious. He said that instead of me being human, I should’ve been the one who’s a robot… (sighs) He really cares for you… And I…I’m starting to think he’s right; maybe I SHOULD be the robot.

Na Hyun- (sighs) Yo Seob, don’t say that; I completely understand why you broke up with me^^ I’m fine. How many times do I have to say it?

Yo Seob- (puts his hands on his head) I’m just glad you don’t hate me for leaving you…

Na Hyun- (?) Hate you? You know I’m not like that.

Yo Seob- Yeah… Jun Hyung said that the reason you’re so okay with just being friends is because you hate me now… (smile) I’m very happy to know how lucky I am that that’s not true; I left you, but you never hated me. They say you don’t know how important something is until it’s gone; I believe that’s true. I’ve honestly really missed you for the last 2 days. I’m happy I came here; I’m happy that we became friends again^^

Na Hyun- (smile)

Yo Seob- Anyway, back to my dream. Jun Hyung also said that I don’t know how to love. Gi Kwang said the same thing earlier while he was lying to me about liking you… Was I really a bad boyfriend to you? Did I do anything that made you unhappy with me?

Na Hyun- No^^ I’ve always loved whatever you prepared for me… guess they just didn’t like our break up; but that’s not your fault.

Yo Seob- (shamefully looks down) I’m really sorry…

Na Hyun- Don’t be. (Na Hyun looks tenderly at Yo Seob) C’mon ^^ Don’t leave me hanging. What else did Jun Hyung say?

Yo Seob- Well… after saying I don’t know how to love, he strangled me; I almost ran out of breath.

Na Hyun- (O.O) What!?

Yo Seob- (-_-) Pls. don’t react yet; let me finish no matter how surprising things turn out. While strangling me, he lifted me from the ground. He told me how dare I make you cry… and he said “Afraid of the army leader, are we? You want something to fear? Just go to sleep, and I’ll be here waiting for you.” He was about to punch me, but thankfully you woke me up… (looks away) Well,… now you know why I don’t want to sleep.

Na Hyun- (O.O) (speechless)

Yo Seob- But pls. don’t forget he did it all for you, so you shouldn’t think of him badly. He loves you very much… Always remember that.

Na Hyun- Yo Seob… I already know^^ Even before you got involved with the army leader, I already knew.

Yo Seob- (O.O) EH?... Well, I guess he must’ve told you by now that he really loves you…

Na Hyun- Actually, I found out through my dad. When I got home the other day, my dad told me that Jun Hyung got shut down. It was because of depression. He was so sad that he couldn’t confess his love for me because he’s a robot. You know how it is; it’s not like a robot and human could actually be together. And so, he cried so much that the tears of oil overflowed and affected his system. We couldn’t revive him because he would go back to his original setting of being an army robot. The army leader would be able to detect him that way. And you pretty much know the rest^^ You got kidnapped, a trade went on, you and I broke up and now we’re here^^

Yo Seob- Oh… I’m so sorry…

Na Hyun- What are you; a tape recorder? ^o^ I told you things are fine. I’m the one who should apologize. Not only did you get in trouble with the army leader, but now you’re also in trouble with Jun Hyung (T.T). (sigh) I must be… the worst girlfriend you’ve had and ever will have.

Yo Seob- Nah… the circumstances just wasn’t in our favor^^ If you lived like an ordinary girl instead of one with a professor dad, I bet our relationship wouldn’t have ended… (looks at Na Hyun sincerely) Na Hyun…

 

I love you.

 

Na Hyun- Yeah ^^ I love you as a friend too.

Yo Seob- … (I didn’t mean as a friend…)

Na Hyun- Anyway, don’t worry about Jun Hyung. (Shouts) YA! JUN HYUNG! LEAVE YO SEOB ALONE!

Yo Seob- (O.O) Na Hyun! You’re gonna get me killed!

Na Hyun- ^^ No; I’m not gonna get you killed… It isn’t right for him to take things out on you just because we can’t be together; it’s not your fault that you’re the human and he’s the robot… (Shouts) DO YOU HEAR THAT JUN HYUNG? IF YOU’VE GOT SOMETHING TO SETTLE, DEAL WITH ME… AND ONLY ME… (sad tone) I KNOW I TOLD YOU TO STOP APPEARING IN MY DREAMS… BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN YOU SHOULD GO BLAMING YO SEOB AND TERRIFYING HIM…AND ANOTHER THING, IT’S TRUE THAT I GOT HURT WHEN HE BROKE UP WITH ME. BUT IT’S OK NOW. SO DON’T GET ANGRY WITH HIM; HE DID IT FOR A GOOD CAUSE. IF YOU SCARE YO SEOB AGAIN, I’LL… I’LL REALLY HATE YOU… BECAUSE YO SEOB, LIKE YOU, MY DAD AND MY OTHER FRIENDS, IS SOMEONE I CHERISH. IF YOU HURT HIM IN ANY WAY, YOU WON’T BE THE BROTHER-LIKE FRIEND I’VE ALWAYS LOVED. OK? STOP SCARING HIM… IF YOU REALLY DO LOVE ME, YOU’LL STOP.

Yo Seob- Na Hyun…

-Suddenly, the room felt as though something had gone… was it Jun Hyung’s presence?-

Na Hyun- …

Yo Seob- … Na Hyun?

Na Hyun- Yes?

Yo Seob- Are you alright?

Na Hyun- Yeah; it was just… kind of hard to say those things. He hated you for leaving me… that’s so… so thoughtful of him… I hope he didn’t get hurt by what I said… but (sigh) I think that’s highly unlikely; (rests her head on the palm of her hand) I’ve definitely hurt him… Anyway, (smile) never mind that; what matters is it’s time for you to sleep. He won’t be bothering you anymore.

Yo Seob- Na Hyun… (looks down) I’m sorry you had to say those things to him…

Na Hyun- Never mind I said^^

-Na Hyun pulls Yo Seob up from his chair and brings him back to the bedroom.-

Na Hyun- Go on; go to sleep.

Yo Seob- (sigh)… why did things turn out this way? I came here to take care of you, not for the opposite.

Na Hyun- I don’t hear you sleeping^^

Yo Seob- Michyeo? (crazy?) How can you HEAR someone sleeping? … Unless (blush) do I snore?

Na Hyun- Hahaha^^… It’s the beginning…

Yo Seob- Hmm? The beginning?

Na Hyun- Yeah… The beginning of difficulties…

Yo Seob- What do you mean by that?

Na Hyun- Well… things are getting complicated with Jun Hyung missing… it just came to my mind that the person who took him could use him for big evil… After all, who could escape the defences set by the army base without having gone inside already?… Only a person who knows how things work around there could steal Jun Hyung… (sad tone) I hope he’s not in danger or something…

Yo Seob- (… She has a point… we’d better find Jun Hyung fast… if we don’t…)

…if we don’t, then it will really mark the beginning… the beginning of difficulties…