Chapter 7 Interrogation

For You

Four gorgeous ladies sit inside the office, all looking at each other. Two were rather nervous and unsure of what to do while the other two are losing patience in waiting.

“So?” Said the other one who is losing patience of the staring game.

“So?” Mirrored by the other two.

“Yah! You two clearly know what is happening so both of you better tell us what just happened.” Fany stated.

“Ani, we are just as confused as you are.” Yuri said making both of her employers raised an eyebrow.

“Well seems like we are talking about Hyomin, our photographer who recently resigned. And since Yuri here is her bestfriend, she’s the one that obviously knows her best and is the only one here who can answer your questions. So I’m out of here.” Said Sica as she tries to escape.

Yuri gave Sica a ‘how dare you leave me here’ look. Sica replied with a ‘mianhe but I have to do this’ look.

“Hold up.” Sunny said making Sica stop. “You’re not going to escape that easily Sica.”

“Sunny….”

“Care to explain Jesmin?” Sunny asked.

Now it was Sica who is in the hot seat. She never really told Yuri about Jesmin. Sica sat back down.

Sunny did play her cards well. “I know you knew something about Hyomin too. So talk.”

“Hyomin loved photography even when we were younger and she took a photo of me which launched me in my modeling career.” Yuri said.

“I met Hyomin in China when I was starting my career and she was starting her photography career. We were the only Koreans so we bonded.” Sica said.

“Bonded?” Yuri asked. Sica gave an ‘I’ll explain it later after we survived this’ look.

“We know that… the question running in our minds right now is why was Hyomin with Sungmin Oppa?” Asked Fany.

“We honestly do not know. We are surprised as you are.” Yuri answered. “Though I guess she still cares for him.” Yuri whispered but it was heard by everyone.

“Are they dating?” Fany asked.

“Is Oppa cheating on Jiyeon?” Sunny asked.

“Ani ani… you both got it all wrong.” Yuri said.

“If Hyomin is not dating Oppa then she’s with Jiyeon?”

“Hyomin is Sungmin’s ex rather ex-fiance.” Sica finally said it.

“What?!”

“Her real name is Park Sunyoung.” Yuri said.

“So how does this explain anything?” I mean we change most of our names. I’m Hwang Miyoung, Sunny is Lee Soonkyu and Sica is Jung Sooyeon. I bet you changed your name too.” Fany asked.

“Ani. My real name is Kwon Yuri. But that’s beside the point. Hyomin is a Park. Park Sunyoung as in the eldest daughter of Mr. Park of Park Ent. And I am losing count of how many times I mentioned the name Park. She is Jiyeon’s older sister.” Yuri explained.

“What?! They’re sisters?!” Both Fany and Sunny were surprised. “So that’s why Hyomin was in Jiyeon’s office earlier.” Fany said to Sunny. “That’s why she wanted to stop the engagement. They are sisters and not because of…”

“Wait you two saw Hyomin at Jiyeon’s office?” Yuri asked. The tables have turned. It was now Sica and Yuri’s turn to ask the questions.

“Yes, well… Sunny…” Sunny nudged Fany so Fany said, “I mean we saw Hyomin marched in Park Ent like a boss. And we accidentally heard her saying that she will stop the wedding no matter what.” Fany said skipping some details like about following Hyomin.

“And you assumed they’re together?” Sica pressed on. She was intently looking at Sunny.

“Is that the reason you accepted her resignation?” Yuri asked.

“Yes.” Fany answered for Sunny.

“No.” Sunny answered.

“Fine. Yes, I accepted it because she wanted to stop the wedding. I thought she was ruining the event, our family. Sunny answered.

“That’s it?” Obviously the three didn’t buy that excuse.

“I thought she was going to ruin the engagement! Our family name was at risk.” Sunny half lied explained.

“You thought they were together?” Sica asked.

“Yes.” Sunny was caught off guard. “I mean I thought she was trying to run away with Jiyeon.”

“Well she would have I mean she has been trying to protect her sister.” Sica winked teasing Sunny.

“I bet she is still surprised with the fact that Hyomin is Jiyeon’s sister.” Fany said.

“I am shocked to learn that Jiyeon has a sister. I mean no one has ever talked about another Park. I thought Jiyeon and Sungmin Oppa were engaged 2 years ago then they broke up and got back together… you know for the sake of business.” Sunny explained her side.

The 3 were just looking at Sunny. “You never ask?”

“I am not interested. I know that they are just getting married for business sake. As much as I hated it, it’s our fate. So I hardly care.” Sunny confessed.

“Now that Hyomin is involved you are so interested?” Fany teased asked.

“Hyomin or rather Sunyoung was a young bright COO. Your uncle liked her so much that he had arranged Sunyoung and Sungmin Oppa to be engaged. Everyone thought it was going smoothly until a few days before the wedding, she announced that she is not marrying Sungmin Oppa. Her father disowned her right then and there. So she ran away having nothing but few of her friends and her passion for photography. She used Hyomin as her screenname and then she moved to China and now she is the Hyomin we know.”

“So that’s what happened. I was in LA that time. I just heard that Oppa’s engagement got cancelled because her fiancé ran away.” Sunny said. “Why did she ran away? To pursue her passion? But Oppa and her seems to be close.” Sunny said.

“Hyomin will always say that no one should be force to marry a person he or she does not love. She does not love Sungmin nor does Sungmin loves her. And even though her father banished her she still she cannot let go of her family, from time to time she will check up on Jiyeon, her Appa and the company through Eunjung.”

“Sunny thought Eunjung and Hyomin dating.” Fany revealed a rather interesting topic.

“Yah!”

“That’s impossible. Eunjung is dating Jiyeon.”

Everyone was surprised not only because of the statement but the newcomer who just said it.

“Taeyeon?” Fany asked. “What are you doing here?”

“You ordered coffee remember? The guard let me in and the door was open.”

“Wait! Eunjung is with Jiyeon?” Sica asked.

“Yes. Eunjung is Hyomin’s friend. She often meets Eunjung to check up on Jiyeon and her Appa. That’s how she learned about the engagement.” Yuri answered.

“Hyomin was here for a short stint with Nana. She learned about that her sister is engaged with Sungmin. So she decided to stay and stop it.”

“It’s very hard for Hyomin to choose between her passion and family. But right now her family needs her.”

Sunny sigh. Why is it so complicated? It would have been easier if Hyomin told her about this. They might have worked something out. She knew her Uncle is not an easy opponent. And yes, she will help Hyomin simply because she does not agree with all this arrange marriage. But Hyomin did not ask for her help. Was it because she is a Lee?

Sunny was in deep thought. Everyone can see concern written in Sunny’s face.

“You don’t have to worry about Hyomin. That girl can sure handle it.” Taeyeon reassured.

"I'm pretty sure she can. Besides she stood up against your Uncle and her father 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure she can do it again." Yuri said.

“And you rest assure that Hyomin is not dating anyone else. She got her hands full already.” Sica commented making Sunny blushed. “I’m pretty sure you’re her type anyway.” Sica ended with a wink.

 

 

--

“Care to explain “Jesmin”?” Yuri whispered.

“Ughh do you have to ask that now?” Sica asked. She was happy that they survived this interrogation.

“I can give you the site…” Sunny teased.

“Jesmin is Jessica and Hyomin. It is what the fans dubbed us before. Hyomin and I connected… and we were close.” Sica answered.

“Connected?” Fany asked teasingly.

“We were close and the fans thought that we were dating. Companies were banking on us because of sales. That’s it. I mean there was nothing between us." Said Sica. "Again, Sunny, you don't have to worry about Hyomin. She might not say it but I know she likes you TOO."