Chapter 6 Confrontation

For You

hello my dearest friends!

mianhe (bow) i have not been able to update this... 

hopefully i could finish this soon... just a few more chaps left :D

 

--

“Sunny, I don’ think this is a good idea.” Fany said to the other woman who was driving but she was simply ignored. “Sunny. Sunkyu!”

“Yah! Miyoung!”

“Don’t call me that!”

“Well don’t call me that either.”

“Seriously, Sunny. I don’t think this is a good idea. I mean following Hyomin? What is going on?” Fany asked.

“I don’t know.” Sunny answered. This morning, Sunny and Fany went to Tae’s café to have breakfast as usual. Before the two could get off the car, Sunny saw Hyomin walked out of the shop. Taeyeon and Yuri seemed to be cheering on Hyomin but the other girl ignored her two dorky friends and rushed on a car. Like instinct, Sunny followed Hyomin drggin along Fany.

“You know there is a thing called asking questions…”

“I don’t think she will answer me.” Sunny replied. She was feeling frustrated.  “I don’t know. Ughhh!”

They followed Hyomin until Park Enterprises building. Hyomin marched right inside the building. The guards and even the employees greeted and bowed at the eldest Park. Both Fany and Sunny looked at each other. Both of them more curious than ever… but Sunny thought that maybe Hyomin is here to see Eunjung. Sunny was going to drive back but Fany went out of the car.

“Fany what the hell are you doing?”

“Well we followed her all the way here, we already missed our breakfast so might as well finish the job.”

“What job are you talking about?”

“Sunny, aren’t you curious at all? Hyomin just walked pass those Park Ent security! And we know their security is top notch.”

“Maybe she visits here often…” Sunny answered more in particular she thinks it is Eunjung.

“Aren’t you curious who she visits? Come on, even you, who is the niece of CEO of Lee Ent has to surrender an ID.” Fany said making total sense. The two went in to Park Ent.

--

“Hyomin?...wait… you can’t… Jiyeon is…” Eunjung was shock to see her friend barge in Jiyeon’s office.

“Unnie! What are you doing here?” Jiyeon was shocked to see her sister.

“What are you doing?” Hyomin replied.

“Shutting the door and closing the blinds.”

“Not that I mean what were you thinking?! Agreeing to this arranged marriage?! Are you out of your mind?!” Hyomin cut through the chase.

“I’m doing this for the family. Why can’t you see that?!”

“By what? Sacrificing yourself?! Jiyeon! There is another way!”

“Unnie, I am not like you. I am not as smart or as great as you. But I am trying all I can to manage all this. When you left, I was forced to step up. The company isn’t doing so well. And… and… this is the only solution I can think of.” Jiyeon cried.

The two were shouting. It was a good thing that no one was around. Eunjung have the employees evacuate the whole floor. She knew that the sisters will need their privacy though she stayed just in case someone will come by Jiyeon’s office… like now.

“Hi how may I help you?” Eunjung welcomed the two newcomers.

“Hi I’m Tiffany. Sunny is a cousin of Sungmin. Jiyeon ssi’s fiancé. We wanted to invite her for shopping or coffee.” Fany made an excused.

“Nice to meet you Tiffany ssi. Nice to see you again Sunny ssi. However, Jiyeon is not available at the moment. She has a meeting. I don’t think Ms. Park can accommodate Ms. Lee today. I will tell her that the two of you came by.” Eunjung said.

Sunny assumed that the reason Hyomin stormed out was because of this girl right in front of her. But she was wrong. Though she who could Hyomin be meeting inside this building. Sunny was just staring Jiyeon’s office so Fany answered for her.

“I thought her schedule was clear today?” Fany pressed though she was not sure if Jiyeon’s schedule was clear.

“Ah yes, well this was an urgent meeting. Yes, a very urgent meeting.” Eunjung made an excuse.

They were going to walk away when they heard them arguing again.

“Tell me! What other way?” Jiyeon raised her voice.

“I don’t know. But I will stop this marriage from happening no matter what.” Hyomin promised.

Jiyeon let out a dry laugh.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let them dragged you into this mess.”

“Why? It’s not like you can do anything to stop this?”

“I am trying to work my off to stop this nonsense.”

“You already have a life. Just stay out of this. And why do you even care so much?”

“Because I just can’t stand here and let you marry someone you don’t love. Yes, I may left and abandoned you 2 years ago but that does not mean that I don’t care about you. I will find a way so you will not go through this. We’ll find a way, Jiyeon ah. Trust me. I won’t leave you this time.” Hyomin promised as she hugged her sister.

Sunny has heard enough. So Hyomin was here to see Jiyeon. Hyomin is seeing Jiyeon? Was that why she saw Hyomin in the restaurant? Was that why Eunjung was hugging Hyomin to comfort the other girl. Jiyeon has a secret relationship with Hyomin… “I see. We will come back in another day.” Sunny said to Eunjung. Sunny was beyond hurt. Yes she liked Hyomin even though Hyomin is such a mystery. She had enough of this. She has heard enough. Hyomin has said enough for her to know where she stands. Clearly, she has been wrong all the time. With Hyomin, she never get it right. So she left.

“Unnie” Jiyeon cried.

But Sunny has left too early to hear that. Obviously Sunny had it all wrong. Had she stayed a few more seconds…

--

That same day, Hyomin went to T&S to quit. She passed her resignation letter both to Sunny and Fany.

Sunny wasn’t saying anything so Fany speak on their behalf. “Are you sure?”

“Neh. Mianhe. I thought I can be your photographer but…”

“Your hands are tied.” Sunny finished.

Hyomin looked at Sunny. The two stared for a few seconds. It was intense few seconds. It was as if you can feel all the mixed emotions.

It was Hyomin who broke the staring game and bowed. “There is a list of photographers I recommend.” Hyomin said before leaving.

“Sunny…” Fany called.

“She wanted to quit then let her quit.” Sunny stated. “There are plenty of photographers who would want to work for us.”

--

“Hyomin!” Sica called. “Park Hyomin! Yah! Don’t you dare make me call you Su....”

“What Sica?” Hyomin replied.

“I knew that would get your attention.”

“What?”

“You quit?”

“You knew. You knew who she was and yet you didn’t tell me.” Hyomin said to Sica.

“Yes I know but T&S is not affiliated with Lee Enterprises. It’s Sunny’s own company. And so what if she is a Lee?!”

“Sica, my sister is now on an arrange marriage with a Lee. And you expect me to keep my eye shut and just to have my dream job?”

“Hyomin… I figured it could be a way out for you. You can migrate to LA. Live your own life.”

“Mianhe… I shouldn’t have vented my anger at you.”

“I was just trying to help.”

“I know. Thank you.”

“Hyomin ah…”

“Mianhe Sica. All this happened because of me. It’s my fault. And I’ll fix this.”

“Hyomin ah stop blaming yourself. It’s not your fault.”

Suddenly, Hyomin’s phone rang. “Sica I have to go.”

“Are you sure about this?” Yuri asked Hyomin to which Hyomin answered with a nod. Yuri gave her friend a hug to which Sica joined in. “Go, stop that wedding.” Yuri cheered o before Hyomin left the building.

Sica looked at Yuri who just shrugged. “She’ hardheaded. You cannot force her to do anything else once she has decided. All we could do right now is to support her and be there for her.”

--

Outside the building, a car stopped right in front of Hyomin. Hyomin did not recognized the car so she plans to walk passed it.

“So you are just going to ignore me?” A tall fashionable handsome man asked Hyomin.

Hyomin glared at the other guy.

“Wae… is that how you greet your Oppa? You are still such a meanie, Minnie” The man smiled widely. “I bought your favorite flowers.” He said showing off the bouquet of flowers.

Hyomin walked towards the man. “Yah!” She said and pulled his left ear.

“Ow ow ow ow ow…. Gosh you can be so feisty.”

“Yah! You messed up big time Oppa and you know that’s not enough.”

Hyomin was going to pull his ear so he stopped it. “I know I know… that’s why I came a day earlier to see you and I bought your favorite flowers. They are from China. You know I went there to China so I can meet you but then again you are always ahead of me.”

Hyomin ignored the guy.

“I must say I was surprised to see you here.” He said while looking at the building. “But then again, it you we are talking about so I’m not surprised at all.”

“You talk too much.”

“You are ignoring my flowers. I thought they were your favorite.”

Hyomin took the flowers. Oh how she missed those flowers. She missed China.

The guy smiled. “There is someone who is waiting to meet you.” He opened the car door for Hyomin.

“I’m still mad at you, Sungmin Oppa.” Hyomin said as she she went inside the car.

“I know and you have all the right to be.”

 

--

“Did that just happened?” Sica asked.

“Umm… I am not sure what is going on.” Yuri said.

The two witnessed what just had happened. But it was not just them, so did Fany and Sunny.

“I’m beyond confused. Somebody tell me what the hell is going on.” Fany exclaimed.

Sunny could not comprehend what is happening. She saw the Yulsic couple looking at them so she and Fany gave them the ‘you two better tell me what is going on’ kind of look.