Chapter 5 Discover

For You

“… They will make the engagement formal.”

These words kept playing on her head. Hyomin cannot think straight. Her mind is a blur. Her plans are all worthless. She’s running out of time. In 2 days, they will make Jiyeon’s engagement formal!

--

“Thank you for inviting me for lunch, Mr. Lee. It’s nice to meet you Sunny unnie.” Jiyeon said.

“Jiyeon, call me Uncle.” Mr. Lee said.

“Yes, besides you will be part of the family soon. You should get used to it.” Sunny said.

“Arraso. Thank you, Uncle.” Ji said with a bit of embarrassment which Sunny and Mr. Lee find cute.

“I am going back to the office. Would you like to take a lift?” Mr. Lee offered.

“Thank you but Eunjung is on her way. Oh there she is.” Jiyeon declined.

Eunjung greeted the Lees.

“Oh Eunjung.” Sunny greeted.

“Sunny ssi.” Eunjung replied.

“Please call me Sunny.”

Jiyeon, on the other hand was getting uncomfortable with Eunjung being friendly to Sunny. “The two of you met?”

“Neh. I bumped into her earlier in the office when I was on my way to meet you and Uncle. You were somewhat on a rush.” Sunny said making Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at Eunjung.

“You were too busy smiling while reading a message at your phone. I guess someone special?” Eunjung teased. She was trying to divert the attention away from her and towards Sunny. She knows that Jiyeon was going to bombard her with questions.

Sunny blushed. “Aniyo! It wasn’t me who was rushing on a lunchdate.” Sunny countered though she can feel her Uncle was looking at her. “Besides it was Fany, she said that we were able to close a deal so we are going to celebrate. Yes, that’s it. I am meeting her today.” Sunny lied.

“Lunchdate?” Jiyeon murmured but enough for Eunjung to hear and to uneasy.

This is all Hyomin’s fault! Eunjung kept swearing in her mind. She kept cursing at Hyomin that she thought she saw Hyomin in the restaurant. Her mind was not tricking her, Hyomin was indeed in the restaurant and she knows pretty damn well why. Eunjung knows that the older Park is acting irrational especially after knowing about the engagement. She needs to stop her before she makes a scene.

“You should meet my business partner Fany. You can come by the office or we can go shopping.” Sunny offered.

“Despite owning their own fashion brand, they still shop like no tomorrow.” Mr. Lee commented.

“I would love Sunny unnie.” Ji said.

This was an opportunity for Eunjung. “Actually, she can join you right now.” Eunjung said shocking Jiyeon. “Yeah, your schedule is clear for the rest of the day. I mean after today, your schedule will be pack and I am afraid it might be weeks before you can even afford to go shopping.”

“That’s a great idea. Since we will be launching our T&S campaign in two weeks. We will be busy then.” Sunny agreed.

“Wait, did you say T&S?”

“Neh. Waeyo?” Sunny asked. All eye are on Eunjung especially Jiyeon.

“Oh I just heard about it launching a campaign here. Yeah that's right. There were raves about it.” Eunjung lied. “Well goodluck on your campaign. And I will see you in office Jiyeon ssi. Have fun.” Eunjung left and rushed to the other Park. She needs to handle the older Park and later on it’s the younger Park. Oh how Eunjung is so stressed right now.

--

 Hyomin felt like she was being dragged somewhere. “Ouch!” She exclaimed when her back hit the wall.

“Mianhe.”

“Eunjung? What the hell are…?” Hyomin was not able to finish her sentence as Eunjung covered .

“What the hell Hyomin?! What are you doing here?”

“I’m stopping this stupid engagement.”

“By what? Storming out in here in a restaurant and making a scene in public?! You will only make things worst!”

“Then what do you want me to do? Just sit here for 2 days and let the engagement be announced to whole world?!”

“Hyo…”

“I can’t just do nothing. I can’t do anything. I am helpless. I’m worthless.” Hyomin broke down.

Eunjung hugged her friend. She is not used to see Hyomin break down. Hyomin has always been strong despite what have happened to her. Honestly, she wanted to take Jiyeon away from the Lees ad escape somewhere far away. But she knows that if she do that Jiyeon will only get mad at her because like Hyomin, Jiyeon loves her family so much.

--

“Unnie is everything ok?” Jiyeon called Sunny’s attention who was looking at somewhere or more like someone.

“Oh… nothing. Let’s go. I thought I saw someone.”

“Who?”

“Ani I must be mistaking.”

“Unnie? You seemed troubled since we left the restaurant.”

“Umm… does Eunjung have a girlfriend?” Sunny asked.

Jiyeon was taken aback. She wondered is Sunny is interested in Eunjung. “Waeyo? Are you perhaps interested in Eunjung?”

“Ani… I just thought I saw her with someone I knew.”

“When?”

“Just now, before we left the restaurant, I think I saw her with someone. Oh well nevermind. I might be mistaken. Anyway, I told Fany you are with me and she is excited to meet you.” Sunny was sure it was Hyomin but she wants to deny it. Hyomin with Eunjung?! Hyomin in Eunjung’s embrace?!

Jiyeon is now troubled with the idea that Eunjung is with someone. Obviously this Ham Eunjung is keeping a secret from her. She needs to grill this Ham.

--

“Yah! Ham Eunjung! Where are you and why aren’t you answering your damn phone!!!” Eunjung sighed upon listening to Jiyeon’s 10th voice message.

“Seems like Dino is activated. You’re in deep trouble. Here you could use some of this.” Hyomin passed a glass of wine to Eunjung.

Eunjung took Hyomin back to her place so that the older Park could calm down.

“Sorry I was irrational earlier.”

“I would have acted the same way.” Eunjung drank her wine. “So what’s the plan?”

“I don’t know. Maybe I should just give up on this whole stupid plan and just focus on my life. I have a campaign to work on to. And who knows maybe I could move to LA.” Hyomin narrated.

Eunjung picked Hyomin’s camera and browsed through the photographer’s pictures. She stopped at a picture of a particular woman.

“Ouch!” The other girl exclaimed after she was smacked by Hyomin in the head.

“Yah! What are you doing staring at another girl eh?” Hyomin questioned the girl.

“It wasn’t what you think.”

“Jinja? I saw you staring at Sunny. If I hadn’t smacked your head I guess you will be staring at her all day.” Hyomin nagged. “You’re dating my sister and then now you are staring at another girl when she’s not around? Is this how you are Ham Eunjung? Just giving up on her? Letting her marry smeone she does not love?” Hyomin nagged.

“Aish… I said it’s not what you think. I know her. I bumped into her earlier.”

“You know Sunny?”

“She’s one of the owner of T&S, the campaign you are working for. Lee Sunny. Lee. Sunny.” Eunjung repeated emphasizing the name ‘Lee’.

“Yes. And there’s a lot of Lees in town same as there are too many Parks.” Said Hyomin.

“Aniyo. Lee Sunny. Lee Sunkyu. Her real name is Lee Sunkyu but she preferred to be called as Sunny. She is Lee Soo Man’s niece. Sungmin’s cousin. I met her earlier at the restaurant.” Eunjung explained.

Hyomin could not believe what she is hearing from Eunjung. How could it be possible? It is possible.

“Haven’t you done a background check? That is so unlikely of you, Hyomin ah. You are very careful and thorough when it comes to transacting with people.”

Hyomin’s mind is in circles right now. Eunjung was right. What happened? Why didn’t she do any background check on T&S. She has been very cautious with her every action. She would always do background check before going into a business deal.

But with Sunny, she failed to do the one thing she has been doing. She let her guard down. Why? Hyomin kept asking herself. She kept making the wrong decisions. Sunny is a Lee. The family she sworn to keep her family away from. But here she is… working with a Lee. She’s been working her off to stop the engagement yet here she is working for one of them.

“Hyo…” Eunjung wanted to console her friend.

“Thanks Eunjung but I think I needed to be alone right now.”

Eunjung was hesitant to leave her friend alone but decides to leave anyway. She noticed that Hyomin’s phone is ringing but Hyomin does not even care. She picks up the call since it was only Yuri.

“Yuri ah.”

“Eunjung? Are you with Hyomin right now?” Yuri asked on the other line.

“Neh… Hyomin is not available.” Eunjung replied.

“Arasso.” Yuri ended the call. She knew that Hyomin is working with Eunjung to help her family. Yuri was with Fany, Sunny, Taeyeon and Sica and wanted to invite Hyomin but  with Eunjung’s serious tone, she knew she shouldn’t disturb Hyomin.

--

However, on the other end, Sunny heard Yuri mentioned Eunjung’s name. This only proves that what she saw earlier was true. Hyomin in Eunjung embrace.