Chapter 3 Her Type

For You

In the previous chapter, Hyomin was all too serious and mad... how about we lighten it even for just a bit...hehe ;)

--

 

“Sorry we’re closed!”

“Oh please Tae give us food. I beg you.” Hyomin said lifelessly.

Taeyeon eyed at her lifeless friend and then threw a knowing look at Yuri.

As if getting the message, Yuri nodded. “Yes, serve us with anything you have left. I’m pretty sure this girl can finish it all.”

Taeyeon serve them and true enough Hyomin can almost finish it.

“So want to tell me what’s up?” Taeyeon asked.

Hyomin gave a deep sigh.

“Ok, I still have customers to bill. I’ll come back and talk to you after they left.”

“You know…” Yuri started. Hyomin eyed her friend. “Just an off topic so you can get your head out from your family affairs for a while.”

“Fine.” Hyomin said. She also want to get her mind off her family matters.

“What’s going on between you and Nana?”

“Nana? Nothing ok. So you may go out with her if you want.”

“One, who says I want to go out with her, two, she likes you. Look I aced my Chem and I know my subject real well. I can tell if there is chemistry between the people. And there is burning chemistry between the two of you.” Yuri showed pictures of Hyomin and Nana dancing and being close and flirty in Sketch. It was the night their team had a celebration. The team decided to have an after party and so they went to Sketch.

“Where did you get that?!” Hyomin exclaimed. The pictures are like nowhere to how they were. In the pictures they looked like they were flirting with each other which is not what they were doing. Hyomin could not hide her tomato red cheeks.

 “It’s all over Top Model Chronicles.” Yuri said. Top Model Chronicles is like a private website wherein only selected top models can view. It contains gossips, news but mainly gossips. “So why don’t you give it a try? Go out with her?” Yuri suggested. “I mean many are shipping the two of you already.”

Hyomin is still hiding her tomato red cheeks.

“Mainly because she is not Hyomin’s type.” Someone said.

Both Hyomin and Yuri looked at the intruder.

Yuri raised her eyebrow, “What do you know about her type?”

“I know too well. Her type is someone who is petite and beautiful and with a body to die for. Could be blonde hair or brown hair it doesn’t matter and she has to be cute.”

“So you’re saying you’re her type?” Yuri asked.

The girl smiled widely before saying, “I’m glad you find me beautiful and with a body to die for. But how about we asked her?”

“Hi Sica.” Hyomin greeted.

“You know her?” Yuri asked.

“Jessica Jung, Kwon Yuri. Kwon Yuri, Jessica Jung.”

“Oh The Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you.” Yuri greeted, completely changing 180 degree attitude after knowing who the girl in front of her was.

Sica looked at Yuri and smiled. “Nice to finally meet you, Yuri.” She looked at Hyomin and said. “I won’t beat around the bush.”

Hyomin shook her head, this is a typical Sica.

“Yuri I handpicked you to be my co-model in T&S campaign. I understand that the two of you are like a package deal. So I am here to convince your friend here to say yes.”

“Goodluck with that.” Yuri said.

Sica smirked at the challenged as if saying, ‘Watch me’. She went near Hyomin and whispered, “You should agree or else… I will tell everyone about us… Remember China? JesMin?”

“Yah!” Hyomin exclaimed. She stood up abruptly that the cup of coffee spilled to her shirt.

“What happened?” Taeyeon came rushing.

“Nothing. Mianhe.” Hyomin apologized. “I’ll go clean up.”

Hyomin went to the toilet to clean her shirt.

“You won’t be able to remove the stain like that. You should remove your shirt so you can easily remove the stain.” Sica suggested.

“Go away Sica. There’s nothing you can do to convince me. I already talked to them (referring to Sunny and Fany) and said no.”

“Look I want to work with Yuri.”

“Then convince her. You would not have to try that hard since she likes you too. Don’t drag me into this.”

Again Hyomin has seen right through her, Jessica thought. “Hyo…” Jessica was not going to back down. Yes she wants to work with Yuri but she also knows that Hyomin is making a huge mistake letting this opportunity go.

“Sica, I appreciate it but I already said no. You can try and tell everyone what you wanted I’m pretty sure no one would care and even believe it.”

Sica raised her eyebrow. She has no choice. She would not let Hyomin let go of this opportunity. She knew that this is what Hyomin needed after all her family drama. Yes, Jessica knew about Hyomin’s story. When Hyomin moved to China, Jessica, already a famous model in Korea, was starting her career in China. Being the two Koreans they bonded and became friends. That was why she was about to use her last Alas. “Are you sure no one would care? Based on the reactions from you and Nana’s photo I say otherwise. And do you think China has no version of Top Model Chronicles? I’m pretty sure they would want to see JesMin again.” Sica showed throwback pictures of JesMin. JesMin is Jessica and Hyomin as the fans dubbed their OTP.

“Yah! Give that to me!” Hyomin and Sica started a brawl. Hyomin was trying to get the phone and in the process Sica unintentionally pulled Hyomin’s shirt removing the buttons. The people outside rushed to the toilet to see what was happening. It was a good thing that the café was closed so only a few people were there. They were all shock to what they have just seen.

It was as if they have invaded a private moment. Hyomin’s shirt was ed her hand were raised. Hyomin was holding the phone up high away from Sica’s reach. Sica, trying to reach for it, has Hyomin pinned against the wall so the taller girl could not escape. For the two, it was no mere than them being childish. But for the others, it was something more.

“What’s going on here?”

Sica and Hyomin were surprised to see Yuri, Taeyeon, Fany and Sunny all there.

Sica moved away from Hyomin giving the others a view of the taller girl’s abs. “Give me back my phone.” Sica demanded.

“Ani. You stained my shirt and now you ruined it. I won’t give it to you not unless you deleted ‘them’.” Hyomin demanded.

“It’s my phone and it’s my photos so I do whatever I want.”

“Well I have your phone.”

The others could not believe what they are seeing and furthermore how childish the two women in front of them are. Sunny on the other hand, could not take her eyes off Hyomin’s abs. She finds it utterly disturbing. Somehow she is thankful that Hyomin decided not to be a model otherwise many would have ogle over her body. Sunny stepped in and walked in front of Hyomin. “Shirt.” She commanded.

Hyomin though confused followed and gave her shirt to Sunny.

“Phone.” Again Sunny commanded to which Hyomin followed. Sunny gave the phone to Sica. “Delete whatever it is. If you don’t want to then don’t let it leaked nor even use it for blackmail.” Sica can only nod her head. The rest went out except for Hyomin who was shirtless and Sunny who was holding Hyomin’s shirt.

“You don’t have to do that.” Hyomin said when Sunny started washing her shirt.

Sunny looked at Hyomin and turned back to the shirt. It was a wrong idea to look at shirtless Hyomin.

“I’m sorry you have to see us being childish.”

“You and Sica seemed to be close.”

“Yeah, in China. We had a series of projects together.”

 Sunny nodded. “I’m sorry for the way Sica acted. She shouldn’t have tried to blackmail you just to convince you to consider the job offer. I just don’t like the feeling of someone doing me a favor when I didn’t asked for it.”

Hyomin smiled. She understands how Sunny felt because she is also like that. “Ani. She acted on her own accord. She would do anything to get what she wanted.”

“And that is?” Sunny asked curious to find the answer.

“To work with Yuri.” Hyomin smiled.

“She blackmailed you so she can work with Yuri? Typical Sica. I almost forgot that you two are a package deal.” Sunny looked at Hyomin then back at the shirt. She scolded herself for checking out Hyomin.

There was a small pause.

“You know, I did regret rejecting your offer.” Hyomin broke the silence.

“Well like you have said your hands are tied.”

Hyomin acted like her hands were tied. “I guess these hands can still hold a camera and take photos.”

Sunny looked at Hyomin expectantly.

“That is if the job is still open?”

“Yes, of course it is yours.” Sunny replied gladly.

 

--

 

“So she washed your clothes and that is what made you say yes?” Yuri asked.

“Ani. You said I should get my head off from family matters.” Hyomin explained.

“Ohhh…” Both Yuri and Taeyeon said at the time. Not buying what Hyomin just said.

“I guess it has something to do with… Hyomin’s type…” Taeyeon suggested.

“Petite, beautiful, body to die for, blonde or brown hair, cute.” Yuri narrated.

“Hmmm…” Taeyeon put her fingers in her chin as if thinking hard.

“So it’s Sica, Fany, or…. Sunny.” Yuri continued to narrate while counting in her fingers.

“Or… Taeyeon. How could you ever forget Taeyeon?!” Taeyeon continued making them all laugh.

My type eh? Hyomin thought and smiled.

Taeyeon gave a knowing look at Yuri. The two gave one last look at Hyomin before they made a subtle toast.

--