Chapter 1

Let's Meet Again

 

“Sungjae-oppa, saranghae. Sungjae-oppa, saranghae.”

 

Joy and Wendy recites their favorite actor’s fan-chant. The two girls were standing in line for the premier of young actor Yook Sungjae’s latest movie.

 

“Do you think we will get to see him today?” The girl with light brown hair, Wendy, said to the black hair girl.

 

“I really hope so. But it’s okay if we don’t, we’re going to see him during the fan meeting next week anyway.”

 

After another 30 minutes of waiting in line, the door to the movie theater finally opened and fans rushes inside.

 

Joy and Wendy had known each other since the beginning of high school. Joy is a tall girl with long black hair and round fluffy cheeks. She also has natural red pursed lips which make her appears even younger than she already is. Wendy might not be as tall as Joy but is in fact one year older. She has long brown hair with gentle facial figures that makes her look mature despite her age.

 

The two girls first got together with the help of Minhyuk, whom is a close classmate with Wendy and a childhood friend to Joy. Their love for k-pop and k-drama drew them together and they eventually became best friend. Wendy motherly personality makes her look out for Joy like she was her own baby sister. Initially, Joy is a huge fan of Yook Sungjae and later dragged Wendy into the fandom.

 

It has already passed midnight when the two left the theater. After the movie, they giggles and fangirl over their Sungjae’s amazing acting skill as they walked home. Even though he wasn’t the lead actor this time, the girls still waited all night to support him.  

 

The day after the premier, the two found themselves snoozing off in class. Joy was woken up from her pleasant dream when she felt a slight pain hitting the back of her head.

 

“Yahhh!”

 

Joy look up to see Minhyuk standing before her with a novel he been reading in his hand. Minhyuk is in the same classroom as Wendy and also is a year older than Joy. He has built figures and an athlete body, with a face as cute as a baby. His eyes and lips curved in a way that makes he appears both adorable and y at the same time. He would have looked perfect to all the girls if it wasn’t for his height that comes even to Joy’s.

 

“Joy, you and Wendy were out all night again weren’t you?”

 

“How would you know? You haven’t been stalking me right sunbae?”

 

“Who’s the one doing the stalking here? Wendy was dozing off during the entire lecture today and eventually just passes out cold on her desk. You two went to see your “oppa” again didn’t you?”

 

Joy ignored his question and stuck her tongue out at the older man.  

 

“Did Wendy went home already?” She asked while quickly packing her stuff into her package.

 

“Yeah. I woke her up before her parent waited for too long.”

 

“Oh. So, what is it you got for lunch today?” Joy eyed the cute design lunchbox Minhyuk was carrying in his hand.

 

“Riceballs with macarons. I saved some for you.”

 

“Hm, that’s an odd combination but I’ll take whatever I can get. You’re the best sunbae-nim.” Joy flashes Minhyuk a smile which causes him to let out a sigh.

 

Most of the time, Minhyuk would receive foods or gifts from his many fans in school. Today was no exception. Whenever he does he would share it with Joy; after he get the permission from the giver of course.

 

Minhyuk’s and Joy’s parents are childhood friends which lead to them being childhood friends as well. With them living next door to each other, they were particularly family. Even at a young age, Minhyuk has always take it to himself to look after Joy.

 

However, after Joy’s first year of high school, their relationship have become distanced. They still addresses each other as good friends, but there is an invisible wall that separates the two. And that wall was created by Joy.

 

The two walked down the alleyway that leads to their homes, with Joy munching on a new macarons every few minutes or so.

 

“Awww man, I’m down to the last one. Sunbae, do you want it?”

 

“No it’s okay, you have it.”

 

“Okay!” Joy said happily and devour the last macaron in one bite. Minhyuk watches her happily eating away the food and wiped off the crumbs at the corner of her lips.

 

“Joy, are you planning to ditch class next week?”

 

“Yup, I’m ditching my last period. I get to go see my husband. You wanna come? I’ll introduce you two.”

 

“Tempting but no thanks…Just make sure he’s a better man than me okay?”

 

“Ohhhhh, sunbae! Don’t be foolish, no one is more perfect than you.”

 

Minhyuk give a faint smile.

 

“Yeah? If only you truly mean it.”

 

Minhyuk look down to find a familiar small key necklace that had been hanging around the girl’s milky skin neck for many years.