Chapter 10

Let's Meet Again

 

“Arrrrggggg! I can’t, I give up!” Joy threw her hands in the air before dropping her head down on the desk. “I want to go back to writing my fanfic…”

 

After finishing her lunch early, Joy went straight to writing her new story that she planned on entering the contest with. However, only through the sixth chapters and she was already having writer’s block.

 

Once again Sungjae disappeared from school. The day that Sungjae took Joy out to get inspirations, he later spend the rest of the evening with Minhyuk instead. He also get along well with Minhyuk’s family. Minhyuk’s mother especially adored Sungjae for his politeness and odd sense of humors. She welcomed Sungjae to come visit anytime, and even made fermented kimchi for Sungjae to take home with him.

 

At first, Sungjae and Minhyuk started off talking about all the new girl groups, but somehow ended up playing Street Fighters all night. Minhyuk normally plays with Joy but she wasn’t much of a competitor. However, Sungjae was a challenge for him. He found that Sungjae was exceptionally good at Chun-Li and had to restrict him from playing that character if he wants a chance in winning. Watching the two, Joy wasn’t sure whose she’s more jealous of. Sungjae who stole her childhood friend, or Minhyuk who was getting more attentions from Sungjae than she was. It’s okay though, she shipped them.

 

However, after that day, no one saw him around school anymore. Sungjae spend most of his times at filming locations, working on his new drama, and doing promotions. It’s been over two weeks since the last time he shown up, and his fangirls were beginning to go back to their usual daily routines before he transferred in.

 

“Geez, it’s only been two weeks and all the girls are already finding new idols to fangirls about.” Joy complained to Wendy who was stuffing herself with food.

 

“Hey, you can’t really blame them. Have you seen the new idols now-a-day?! And besides, why would you want to share her husband anyways?” Wendy asked sarcastically.

 

“It’s not that……......Oh yea, unni. What are your plans after graduation? You never told me what you wanted to do?”

 

“Ummm, I’ll most likely attend college, and maybe major in teaching. You know I like taking care of children.”

 

“Oh, that suits you unni.” Joy gave Wendy a big thumb up.

 

“Of course, I been taking care of you for over two years now. Awwww, won’t our little Joy be lonely after Minhyuk and I leave?” Wendy patted Joy on the head.

 

“Nope, not at all.” Joy opposed and stuck out her tongue.

 

Joy knew she would definitely misses Wendy next year, but she didn’t want to admit it. She is already seventeen and didn’t want her best friend to worry over trivial things about her. With her being the only daughter of prestigious family, Joy knew Wendy has a lot of things on her shoulders. Wendy dreams of being a teacher might not be approved by her parents. Joy knew that the only thing she could do for Wendy is to silently support her and keep cheering her on.

 

***

 

After school, Joy headed to the library to do more writing. But no matter how much she tries, she just couldn’t think of anything to write about. She feels her motivation slowly fading away from her.

 

“Geez, why bother! I’m not going to win anyways.”

 

She tossed her pencil down, and took out her headphones along with a portable transmitter. She had heard that Sungjae was making a special appearance today on the radio. There was roughly five more minutes before he comes on.

 

As soon as she put on her headphones, she heard the catchy beats of EXO new single. Three minutes later, the MC of the radio came on to greet the audience.

 

“I hope all the listeners out there enjoyed that song by EXO. We have a special guest with us here today. Please introduce yourself.”

 

“Hello, this is Yook Sungjae. It’s a pleasure for me to be here on the radio today. Please take good care of me.” On the background, there was applauding sound coming from the radio station.

 

“It’s a pleasure to have you here as well. I heard you just started filming for a new drama. Care to tell us a little details about it?”

 

“Ah, yes. This time I’ll be filming an action drama. It’s my first time taking on such a role so I hope it won’t be a disappointment to my fans and fellow coworkers.”

 

“Well, congratulations to you for making a comeback again this year. I’m sure all your fans already missed you when you were away. Did anything new happened during that time period?”

 

There was a slight chuckle coming from Sungjae. “Well, I think most of my fans already knew this but I am really into fishing. Recently, there’s a fish that I really adores, and I hope that I am able to continue to look after this fish.”

 

“Ah, I see. I also heard that you just recently transferred school. How is school life going for you?”

 

“It is fun…Six months ago, I probably wouldn’t be able to say such words. It’s amazing how the simplest things can changed a person. Of course, I still have a long way to go and there’s a lot of things I still lacks. I want to improve myself and I am working hard each days to become a better person.”

 

“I see, it must be nice to be young. Lastly, do you have anything you would like to say to all the students out there?”

 

“I do. Since this is the time of year when students are most busy preparing for their college entrance exams and such, I would like to give a few words of encouragement.”

 

 

“Yes. Please go ahead.”

 

“For everyone that’s struggling to reach their dreams, I would like to wish you all the best of luck and to also stay healthy in this season. Whenever you feel discouraged, that doesn’t mean that you have failed. You have the capabilities to do it all but just lack the confidence to see the outcome of your hard works. Therefore, I would like to recommend a song to everyone that are currently going through these difficult times. Is that okay sunbae-nim?”

 

“Yes, of course.”

 

“The song is call It’s Okay by BTOB. It’s a song that I really enjoyed listening to recently, and I hope that the listeners can also gain support from it as well. Thank you all very much.”

 

Sungjae ended his interview, and a gentle melody started to play through the radio. Joy sat there for a while to enjoy the song. When the music ended, Joy picked up her pencil and begins writing again.

 


 

It’s Okay by BTOB

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLhOtOlbrbI

Is anyone dreading that summer is coming to an end, and school’s about to start?......Fight!

If anyone finds any errors, please kindly let me know. Or give me strength by simply leaving a comment. Thank you so much for staying with me to this point.