THE UNHOLY CONFESSION

Only Heaven Knows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is a guy that as matter of fact has never seen the world outside; he’s never traveled out of his hometown. Not even once. The farther he did ever go was back when he was twelve and went to the beach. That day he found out that he, in fact, hated the beach. It’s too messy, sticky and stinky. Jimin always had this thing for always being clean. While Jungsoo on the other hand loved it; everything about it ー including getting getting dirty. Let’s not forget that the sun burned his skin leaving unnecessary shadows known as sunburn marks in his body. He hated it. Is not like Jimin was pallid because honestly he wasn’t; he’s skin is in the medium ivory side of skin tone.

The beach had a nice panorama that was breath taking.

But still. He hated the beach.

He would rather stay at the umbrella eating the chips like pig than play with the messy sand that would stick in any place it had a chance to. Jimin and the sand are enemies. To death. Especially when it sticks on his tights and would scrap against each other causing them to scratch. So it didn’t surprise him that his parent never took him out for their vacation to Neverland; he never knew where they would go to so he decided to name it ‘breaks to Neverland’. Either way the farther they were the better, he came into conclusions long time ago. Not just because they became physically abusive but also due to the fact that they are also very toxic and not good in any manner for him.

So best option for him is to be very far away from them.

Even when they have closed all the doors for him to leave.

It’s not that Jimin is manipulated; it’s more the other way around. They are manipulating other’s to not let him get a job or a have place to stay. Nothing whatsoever. Because they want him to stay there with them until they say otherwise. The bright side about them taking a break to Neverland is that he can do whatever he wants. Even work at places for as long as his parents are away to save some money and leave to college. That’s very convenient for someone like him or at least for him.  So he worked in things he knew how to do best like numbers; Jimin is very good at math with skills that have excelled in every area. It explains why he wanted to become an engineer. And be the best one in his area.

Many of his teachers have agreed that he had a future for this career.

But like every story there must be a villain or something that doesn’t let the main character get towards the goal as they expect. His parent doesn’t want him to study that; they want him to take over their station. To be a radio producer and honestly, that’s not his thing. He’s more the person to be in a compacted area and have a little something than rather have everybody knowing him. Mr. and Mrs. Park think otherwise. Both strongly believe that this is the path Jimin must choose and undergo as a professional.

This is what they want not what he wants.

“Jimin I need your help with these accounts.” Came a beautiful lady with long black hair, small nose and her doe eyes. “I tried to follow the balance sheet but the numbers just don’t come right, can you do them for me?” he smiles.

“Of course Taeyeon,” his cheeks hide a bit his eyes. Taeyeon is the only woman who had ever dared to give Jimin a job when she knew it is a danger zone. It’s the one of the few people who he feels grateful to for giving him a chance to grow on a place that have him like a freak on leash. Every time his parents are away he always come here to work. Taeyeon had always said to him that every time his parents were away and he needed a place to work he could just come in here like any other employee and start working. There was no need of formalities between them. He was thrilled by the idea of having a job that payed him well and lets him have his ‘special leaves’.

“Anything else you need me to help you with?” he asks, she hums and smiles.

“Actually,” Taeyeon comes back from the storage room. “You know how Mr. Byun is always asking me to let him court me. . .” a tinge of pink forms on her cheeks, her eyes sparkle and cutely tries to suppress the smile at the mention of her admirer.

“Did you finally agree?” Jimin had been witness of Byun Baekhyun being insistent on Taeyeon to court her. He was one of the rich man of the town while Taeyeon was one of the most beautiful and wanted lady of the town. Baekhyun’s family run down a lawyer buffet from generations, hence that he himself is a lawyer and one of the best ones. Taeyeon runs an antique toy shop most of them being hand made. Jimin, ever since he was young, had always wanted to work in a beautiful place like this because he was convinced back then that the shop was full of magic and that Taeyeon was a fairy.

Even though that years have passed and that now Taeyeon is on her mid-thirties Jimin still thinks that she is a pixey and that the shop is full of magic. So he doesn’t blame Byun Baekhyun for chasing such a beauty for a woman.

“I did,” she blushes. “Oh! Do you think I did wrong?” she pressed both of her cheeks with both hands as if trying to calm her cheeks from flushing so much and suppress her smile more.

“I don’t think you did wrong, in fact,” he walks towards her and grabs both of her incredibly soft hands, “you and I both know that Mr. Baekhyun is a good man with great intentions. He doesn’t really do any sort of informalities.” He smiles rascally. “Besides you two would make really cute babies and I would love to be the godfather at least of one of them. . .” she gasps and hits him on the arm.

“Aigo!” she hits him a few more times, Jimin is laughing out loud. “Aren’t you a bit too much Park Jimin? It’s just a date not an engagement meeting. . .”

“It should be!” he goes on. “Noona you are really beautiful; how can you not expect that man to ask for your hand?” he states and it’s only obvious.

“Well that’s not the point.” She fakes indignation. “I am going out with him today and you will be running the shop alone as a punishment.” Jimin fakes shock. He puts a hand on his chest and the other forehand in his forehead.

“Oh! No!” he scandalizes, “now who will come and save me?” inclines himself a bit to the counter to make it more dramatic. Taeyeon is smiling and goes back to the storage room muttering something under her breath.

“I can save you.” Said a voice, that to be very honest, didn’t took him by surprise. He turns around and sees Kim Taehyung. His self-proclaimed best friend who happens to be an atheist, who’s so easy going and easy to talk to. Everything about Taehyung was easy – he makes everything look so easy – even breathing. Taehyung was one of the most laid back person Jimin has ever met.

He was wearing a button up shirt with some weird designs and knee short pants that make him look like a mama’s boy. His hair wasn’t even styled it was just there; looking all fluffy. Jimin didn’t had anything against him is just that, sometimes, he’s hard to keep up with. Taehyung is the type of person to bring out many topics at once and yet be bold about the things he speaks about at the same time making you more confused about the subject.

Jimin is convinced he’s from another world. “My dear Hamlet, boy.” Taehyung speaks in his best mix of Korean and British accent, “will you do me the honor of accepting a tea time with me?”

Jimin shakes his head. “No.” He says and rapidly fixes his rude words. “I mean. . . I can’t because I have to take care of the store for Taeyeon.” The face Taehyung made was the thing that told him that he was going to keep insisting until he said yes.

“Look,” he says, “I will go with you after I finish my shift and close the store.” It’s to make up for it and they both know it. He sees the winter boy smile all too brightly and nods happily.

“I’ll help you around the store,” he shrugs. “You know. . . to kill sometime.”

Jimin nods once and goes back to do what Taeyeon send him to do.

They do this all the time and is not new to Jimin however he’s still trying to stay familiar to it. It’s not that Taehyung is bad person nor a guy with other intentions is more like Jimin doesn’t know how to take a person like him. Jimin is not used to a person like him. He’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter