THE UNHOLY CONFESSION

Only Heaven Knows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's body was at church however his mind was definitely elsewhere. He didn’t want to hear all of the bull the pastor was saying about the bad apples and how he wanted them to repent because Christ was coming. He was also condemning the people if they didn’t listen to what he actually said; to fear the lord.

“Submit to the lord.” The pastor had added at some point of his speech.

Jimin scoffs loudly and everyone in the room directed their eyes towards him putting him on the spotlight. “Why don’t you try it?” he adds carelessly and his eyes looking defiantly at him.

The people around started whispering and the pastor didn’t retort back. He was just as shocked as the people. People were waiting for the pastor’s next response but he couldn’t utter anything he was there looking as if he was caught in the headlights. It was as if, finally, Jimin had for once won an argument.

“Don’t tell me to submit on something you can’t bring yourself to believe in.” He knew that what he had done was going to earn him quite the beating once his parents were back from their trip. But in his utmost honest opinion this time it was worth it.

He walked all the way back to his house ignoring completely the fact that he could have asked for a taxi. Jimin wanted to think and set all of his emotions right because ever since his fight with Taehyung his mind had been all over the place. It was in fact, unfair the way he treated him. Jimin had this unorthodox feeling in his chest telling him that he threw Taehyung under the bus for someone he barely knows. Moreover, for a stupid crush. To think that he was such a bad person had his guts recoiling on the inside and realizing how much had Taehyung done for him and how he had payed back to him.

“Who’s your friend Jimin?” Taehyung speaks, his voice evident that he was seething but not to Jimin.

Jimin can certainly feel the aloofness coming out of his voice but he had thought of it as Taehyung’s personality. He had to hold himself back from barking at him to be friendlier towards someone he doesn’t know. However, he understood why he was being like that – his sense of overprotection will always kick in when it came to strangers. At this point the air of awkwardness was change by a heavier mood and Yoongi seemed to have caught on it quickly and raised an eyebrow towards Jimin. To which he opens his mouth to try to explain but nothing comes out of it.

“I see. . .” Yoongi says lowly and slowly. “A very controlling boyfriend.”

Both Jimin and Taehyung frown at him. Before Jimin could clarify otherwise Taehyung stepped in first. “What if I am his very controlling boyfriend? How’s that any of your business?”

“You’re right. It isn’t.” Yoongi had said and walked away.

Once he was out of the shop Jimin turned back on Taehyung. “What was that for?”

“Jimin, that guy doesn’t ring any good bells—” Taehyung says.

“How would you know? You don’t know him.” Jimin cuts him off.

Taehyung tried to explain. “I don’t need to know him to know that he is trouble for you. Listen, you are finally setting your life back on track to let it ruin it for someone that can possibly harm you. I don’t want to see you like last time. . . it was horrible.” However, the more he spoke the more Jimin looked like he was about to explode.

Jimin adds angrily. “Taehyung one thing is that and the other thing is categorizing everyone as bad people. You are being judgmental and stupid. You don’t know me or what I want or what I feel. So can you please stop intruding into my life. You are not helping me. You are being such a hassle and a .”

He continues. “I don’t want people to think we are together or that we have a possibility to be together because we don’t. I like that guy and that’s nothing of your business Tae. God, can you like stop with trying to help you’re only making things worse for me.” And only after he said everything he realized that he had hurt him and that he was being uncalled for.

Taehyung nodded. “Okay.” He gave Jimin the food tray. “You can give that to Taeyeon. I don’t want it anymore.” Taehyung leave’s him behind.

He’d know that he had to apologize for what he said but his pride was greater than anything else. So here he was standing in front of the two story house about to knock when the door opened abruptly revealing Taehyung’s mother, they quite look alike, as she offered him a big rectangular smile.

“Oh!” she blinks surprised. “What a nice surprise seeing you here. Do you need anything?”

He shakes his head. “No. Well, actually,” he swallows, looking down while scratching the back of his neck. “Is Taehyung around?”

“Oh dear, didn’t you know?” she says sounding a little more surprised than before. “He went back to Daegu with his grandparents.”

“No I didn’t know.” He says sounding between dumbfounded and not so much dumbfounded. He should have seen this coming.

“He only goes there when he’s very upset. Do you know what’s going on with him? He says it’s nothing but I think it’s otherwise.”

Great now, how is he supposed to tell the mother of his friend that he was the one that got him upset? It’s just. . . the universe was against him. He gets it. But did it really have to be this complicated every time he tried to set things right? He sighs and he denies knowing what was wrong with Taehyung. He knew by the way she was looking at him that she didn’t entirely believed him but had no other option than to accept his words.

He’d had to learn to accept, eventually, that he is a piece of for a person and that the only thing there’s left of him is to wallow on his own self-pity and self-hate. Perhaps, it was time to do things right and accept the lies that his parents had ever told him. If he does accept this sad reality maybe he can find some comfort in the lies and get caught in them like all the others in this town.

This town is our town… so mothering glitzy. His brother had said once, sarcastically that is. There isn’t anything glamourous about the town and he knew that he referred to all the liars in it. It was time to accept it.

This town is his town and he’s part of it.

 

 

The beauty of being human lies within each imperfection. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter