THE UNHOLY CONFESSION

Only Heaven Knows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rumor has it that the abandoned mansion at the other side of the Benson hill was being lived again but no one knows who are the new people living in that place. It’s been years since it has been lived in. The last and only owner it ever had went bankrupt and the repo came to take a hold of it and ever since no one had lived in it. Jimin was twelve when everything happened.

But now the town was curious of who could buy such an expensive mansion. They were crazy to know who lived there; they were so ready to gossip about them like the way they gossip about the public embarrassment the pastor had two weeks ago by the mysterious woman. Not so mysterious to Jimin because, maybe, he was the only one to know the name of the woman who had his back even if it was for the shortest moment ever.

It replayed in his mind the name; Kim Haru.

And for the shortest moment he felt like someone cared for him. Like if he could get that back. There are many things Jimin wished he could get back that he knows he has lost. Forever. Now, that is a big word, but bigger is the truth behind it. Park Jimin used to be a happy little fellow back when he was sixteen years old. Back in the days when his little brother was there with him; playing pranks on him or even calling him weird names for the matter.

At the bottom of his heart he still has faith for his brother to be alive somewhere. Five years ever since he last heard the voice of Jungsoo over the phone. Five years since he last talked to his little brother, cracked a joke, played a prank, played around, talked about how his little brother wanted to ask a girl out, when Jimin confessed he’s homoual. . . five years since Jimin last smiled genuinely. The last words that he heard his brother say was ‘hyung I’ll be alright’ and the seven missed calls right after that indicated that he wasn’t alright. Jimin wished he had his phone with him at the moment.

It was his fault after all.

Jimin was reading a book to distract himself from all of his surroundings.

“Jimin!” his mother called from her room. He hated to pass across the hallway that lead to his parents’ room because eventually he had to pass through Jungsoo’s room. He did anyways; ignoring or at least trying to ignore the fact that the door, the room for entire fact, that it is as it last was. No one has ever gone inside that room ever since he was last seen.

Knocking the door before entering his mother told him to come in; “Yes ma?” he asked crooking a smile.

“I’ll be out of town with your father for three weeks more or less. You’re going to stay here.” She was brushing her hair looking herself in the vanity mirror. “We don’t want you to bother us. Take the money now and go do some grocery shopping at the marketplace. Your father doesn’t trust you with the money if we leave you to it afterwards.”

“I understand.” He nods biting his lower lip.

Promptly he takes the money where his mother indicated on her wallet and with no further ado he speeds walks out of that room.

The Park family isn’t as happy as they seem to be for those who believe they are behind the doors. Jimin truly believes that the town are all idiots for actually taking that for a truth. Just because his parents force him to smile and pretend that they were alright when they weren’t doesn’t mean they are actually alright. Their forte is always acting and shrugging off every single problem by saying that Jesus gave them the answer to their problems and that they have faith that God himself will give them back their youngest boy.

Truth is that they aren’t waiting anymore. They don’t have faith; they are convinced that Jungsoo ran away because he wanted to and that they won’t look for him anymore but Jimin was convinced otherwise about his little brother. He truly believes that the person who last saw him had a lot to do with the disappearance of Jungsoo and that he didn’t ran away.

So many factors are at the stake here but everyone just decides to ignore them to the last bit. All they say about is how Jimin is a liar and believe the true fiend. They say that the Devil isn’t at all a man with horns and claws he’s the most beautiful man after all being to the fact that he was once God’s favorite angel. A beauty that has no comparison.

That’s the fiend you have to fear. The one that smiles to you but has the knife ready in the back.

“Don’t take those,” said a raspy, lethargic voice from behind. “Those are damaged.”  Jimin proceeds to put down the bag of shrimps he was collecting. 

“Oh, really?  I didn’t realize it, thank you.” He turns around to look at the voice that warned him about the shrimps and what he saw was a handsome man with silver hair. He couldn’t help but admire his charms and got hypnotized by his eyes. Small, single lid, umber eyes.

“It’s not that hard to know kid.”

The man takes the bag and shows him the expiration date. He raised an eyebrow and grinned to him on the mocking side. “O-oh!” Jimin is flustered.

Grocery shopping is something he rarely does anyways he’s not used to do this because – “you should learn how to read.”

Jimin eyes open like saucers because, yes, the man is handsome but rude. “Hey!” he points at him. “I know how to read.”

His smile is gummy and lopsided and Jimin have’s to blink various time because the smile is so breathtaking and it had taken him without guard. “Doesn’t seem like it because it was pretty big and clear right there that they are damaged and past the expiration date.” Jimin’s face dusted in every shade of pink because the man was making a fool out of him and at this point he started to look for his way ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter