Seven

Her eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No…No…it can’t be true…you’re lying…you’re lying again…you are a ing liar. She never does is. Never.”

She knelt down before me, gripping in my pants. “Please, tell me that is just a lie. Huh? Don’t make a joke on me. She can’t go. She can’t leave. No. she is the only one I have in this world. She can’t leave me all by myself. She can’t.”

She was sobbing while tightening her grips, begging me to tell her it’s a lie. But it wasn’t. and I had no clue what should I say to this poor girl.

Seeing her in this condition ached my heart. The way she cried…the way she begged…the way she looked at my eyes.

It was like I’m watching the saddest movie that is made so far.

She reminded me of myself at my dad’s funeral. I couldn’t believe he would leave me alone but he did. And now her mother did the same.

I held her shoulder as kneeling before her slowly.

“Eunjung..”

“Qri, I don’t ask for anything more. I’ll leave your house and never bother you again. So please.” The tears fell one after one from her eyes. Rolling on her soft cheeks and falling down. She was so helpless.

“Eunjung, I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t get mad tell me the truth.”

I sighed. “Eunjung, the truth is that your mother is passed away. She is dead.” It was too cruel to tell it but had to accept this fact.

“No.” her voice was rare above a whisper.

And her eyes…..emotionless.

“What should I do now? she was my only one. How could she leave me alone?”

She wasn’t crying anymore, just looking at me and wait for me to tell her something, to show her a path.

I pulled her closer. “Eunjung, you are not alone. You have me. I’ll be here for you. I never leave you and will help you in anything. I know how it feels to lose someone dear, but you can’t give up. These hard days will pass. Just lean on me and don’t be afraid of anything.”

It wasn’t me. No, it can’t be.

When I first opened my mouth I just wanted to comfort her and say that I’m sorry for her lost. But where did those words came from?

Her eyes started tearing again. And I saw that deep in her eyes... I saw hope.

My hand was reached out for her cheek. Seemed like it didn’t need order of my brain or maybe brain was stopped working.

The moment my finger touched the soft skin of her cheek the tears became more.

I didn’t think for a sec and just pulled her in my arms couldn’t bear seeing her tears anymore.

I didn’t know and didn’t want to think why It hurts me to see her sad.

Her lose grips on the back of my shirt, her silky her against my chin, her tears that was making my shirt wet and her body shivering in my hug. They alerted me of how helpless she is now. That I’m the only one she has now.

But I was ready for it. I was ready to take care of her, to protect her and to hold her in my arms.

 

 

 

I came back to living room. She was sitting on couch. No more crying. Her eyes was red and swollen.

“Take this. it helps to sleep.”

She took the pill and glass. “Thanks.” She placed the glass on coffee table after gulped a little.

“Lay down. You should rest.”

Without arguing or saying a word she laid on couch. She was like a child.

“So what was that address?”

She suddenly asked.

“What?”

“He said he found an address.”

Sigh. Does she still have hope? Anyway, I didn’t want to lie her again.

“I thought you may want to know where is your mother’s grave.”

She closed her eyes. I saw that, the single tear that left the corner of her eye.

I grabbed the thin blanket that was on the other couch and covered her body with that.

I didn’t want to leave her so I sat on the coffee table to have a close look on her face.

Why? I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter