This Is It

Valentine's Music

Kwon Jiyong and I met in music class. when I first saw him I thought he would be playing the guitar. it shocked me a lot when he walked to the cello section. and the funny thing is, he was the only guy in that section.

but that's not the reason why I was attracted to him. the reason is because i was reminded of my childhood love. silly me, I was hoping he was the one. but there's a lot of guys who play cello, right? plus, he never lived anywhere around my house. 

"Bom...!" he shocked me. 

"yah...! why are you always shocking me like that?" I yelled to him. 

why was this kid always doing whatever he wanted without thinking of others? just like what he did this morning, he said he loved me without thinking how my heart would feel after that...

"please tell ms. Dara I won't be able to attend her class today, I don't really feel well." he asked me with his innocent look.

I know he was just telling lies to me. from what side of him does he look unwell? he really is perfectly well. and why should he show me that innocent look? ah. I can't say no to his innocent face. he knew that. aigoo... he's really something. 

"no. I won't lie to Ms. Dara anymore" I said clearly to him.

"oh why? please..." he showed me that innocent look again. 

"did you forget your homework?" I asked. he smiled.

it's a yes then. ah, he's really a lazy and reckless kid. the bell suddenly rang and break time was over. I headed to Ms. Dara's class while Jiyong headed to another direction. 

'he's really gonna skip Ms. Dara's class huh?' I said to myself. 

"hmm hmm" the speaker in our school started to ring and someone's voice started speaking.

"it's valentine's day huh? what is valentine's day? I never did get the idea of valentine's day until this morning. until I knew how it felt to be rejected by someone i loved"

my friends in class started to wondering whose voice behind that speaker. just from the first word it spoken, I already knew that it was Jiyong.

"and... I love you Park Bom" 

and now everybody in the class is staring at me. suddenly they gave me applause. omo, I feel ashame. what in the entire world is he doing?! is he really out of his mind?!!

"thanks for being my precious girl, my bestfriend" 

and now the whole class shouting at my name and his name. I ran out of the class. I went to the broadcasting room. there he is. staring at me with his big smile. 

"you really humiliated me Jiyong-ah! I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled at him. 

he just stood there and smile. what I was thinking about back then. why am I having a bestfriend-relationship with him? I must be out of my mind.  he grab my wrist and pull me out of the broadcasting room. we're walking out of school, heading to his car. he opened the door and tell me to go in. he started his car, and we leave the school. 

he's taking me to a beach. I never been to this beach before. it's really a beautiful beach. he opened his trunk, and take his cello. then, he pulled me out of the car. we're sitting on the sand. and he's playing his cello. 

"..........." what was this song. I feel like I've heard it before. 

it's a song that my childhood love played before. it's a song that I heard every afternoon from my room. it's a song who was made by a genius. it's a song of my first love. this is it. I shocked. my vision was blank. how come Jiyong know about this song? is it a famous song right now? and if it is, why from all of songs, Jiyong have to  play this song? 

he suddenly said

"I'm the one. I'm your childhood love" 

my heart skipped a beat. I feel nothing. I can't even feel my own body. and for the second time, my tears began to fall.

"for 8 years. I hide my feeling inside me. but now I won't scared anymore. I will tell you everything. I love you" he said while wiping my tears. 

{ Flashback }

(Jiyong POV)

it's a valentine's day and my school always celebrate it. I was sitting alone at the backstage waiting for my turn to perform. I'm playing a cello. and since it's a valentine's day we have to perform a duet. but I don't really have many friends. so in the end I was performing alone. 

I saw her perform. she's playing a violin. all by herself. she doesn't get a partner either. she played 'my heart will go on'. and it just perfect. from the moment I started to like her. 

crazy me. after the event I followed her back to her house. and once I know where her house was, I always went there and playing my cello in front of her house. thank god there's a park in front of her house so I could clearly look her from her bedroom's window. 

Everytime I saw her. a melody popped out in my head. and in the end it turned out to be a song. she never noticed my presence at the school, so I decided to get her attention by playing my song in front of her door house. 

it's a terrific idea. finally i got her attention. I was close to faint when she called me and actually talking to me. babo...! I was just too shy that time. and so I never come to her house anymore. 

{ End Of Flashback }

"I've changed. I'm not too shy as i used to. but still, in front of you" he ended his story. 

my tears began to fall hardly. it's because i just too happy to speak. 

"why won't you told me..... before...." I can barely speak. 

my vision become blur because of the tears. but I could see his face came closer to mine. and then I felt something warmed and wet landed on my lips. he kisses me gently. he caress my cheeks. my tears fall more and more hardly. 

"don't cry.... I love you park bom... I'm sorry I hide this thing all along...." he said between our kiss. 

"I love you too Kwon Jiyong" I finally said.