Sick Day

Welcome To My World

It’s late in the afternoon when Chaeyoung shuffles out of her bedroom and drops onto the living room couch with a huff. She drops her phone on the coffee table and sniffs loudly, her stuffed nose only gurgling in response. She leans back into the couch with a wince.

was sore, her chest ached, and her nose was completely stuffed. She wraps her arms around her shivering body and closes her eyes.

Chaeyoung could hear you, her best friend and roommate, move down the hallway and into the living room.

“Chaengie?” you walk around to the front of the couch and frowns when you saw a shivering small cub. Chaeyoung’s red watery eyes lock on you. She clutches her chest and coughs loudly, whining softly at the dull ache in her chest.

You silently moves away from her and makes your way into the kitchen.

The younger girl listens intently, the sound of cabinets opening and closing, and pots and pans clattering together fills her ears. After a few more moments of silence Chaeyoung heard you talking softly.

“Yeah, I won’t be able to make it in today… I think it’s just a really bad cold… Hopefully not the flu.” you turned to look at Chaeng, who’s stretching out on the living room couch.

“I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself unnie—” she was cut off by her a loud sneeze, erupting from her stuffed up nose. She whimpers, pulling her legs up and hugging her knees tightly to her chest.

“Yeah, that sounds real convincing Chaengie.” you rolled your eyes and continues to talk to the person into the phone. Chaeng huffs, grabbing a nearby Kleenex from the box on the table and blows her nose noisily.

“Yeah. I’ll call tomorrow and update you, hopefully she’ll be better by then… No Jeong… Shut up… Just cover for me? Alright. Bye Jeong.” you hung up and place your phone onto the kitchen counter.

You finally come out from the kitchen and into the living room. You stopped in front of the couch and squats down in front of the small girl.

You shook your hear slowly, the younger girl infront of you looks like a total mess. She looks so exhausted and vulnerable. You reached for her forehead to check her temperature

Chaeng’s eyes flash open, her eyes searching and quickly locking with you. 

“Aigoo my small cub have a fever… Come on. Sit up.” you gently slips an arm under Chaeyoung's upper body and helps her sit upright. She slowly sits up, with a groan. She turns her head quickly and coughs violently into her shoulder.

“Your soup shouldn’t take long. After that we’ll get some medicine in you, that should help with the cough and the fever.” You reaches up to tuck a loose strand of Chaeng’s short hair behind her ear. Even though she have short hair you really love doing this to her because you always wants to see her face clearly. 

" Unnie I'm sorry you have to skip Uni because of me" she said while having her lost puppy look that you could never resist

“You’re sick and I’m going to take care of you, no, ifs, ands or buts about it and what would uncle Son say if I didn't do my responsibility to take care of their only daughter” you pushes yourself to stand and moves out of Chaeng’s line of sight.

You came back sometime later, now wearing a pair of sweats and a pull over hoodie then plops down on the couch beside the younger girl.

“Have you been fighting this off for a while?” you crossed your arms across your chest. Chaeng turns to you with an apologetic grin still showing her dimples even though she looks deadass tired. You shook your head with a snort.

“Chaengie—” you started but were cut off by the beeping of the stove.

“You’re lucky Son.” you jumped off the couch and moves into the kitchen.

When you came back carrying a bowl, full to the brim with a yellowish colored liquid. You placed it down on the table in front of Chaeng.

The latter stares at the liquid, spotting bits of chicken and noodles floating around in the yellowish broth.

“It’s a little hot so you’ll have to wait a bit before you eat it. I put a few ice cubes in there, so it shouldn’t take too long. I’ll be right back.” You moved out of the living room and further into the apartment.

You came back a few minutes later, tossing a blanket and some medical textbook over the back of the couch before moving out of sight again.  

Chaeyoung eagerly lifts the bowl off the table and places it into her lap. She scoops up a spoonful of broth and brings it to her lips, blowing on it before she slips the warm broth into .

By the time, you came back into the living room, she has nearly down half of the broth in the bowl.

You moved around the couch and plops down beside her and leans over, placing a water bottle, and a small cup of menacing looking liquid down on the coffee table. She glances at the small cup and shivers.

“Seriously Chaengie, you’re not a child anymore. After you’re done with your soup, you’re taking that.” you flipped open your textbook and silently scans the page studying for the upcoming test.

She sips at the broth and eats the chicken and noodles as slowly as she possibly can.

Eventually, the bowl is nearly empty of its contents, the only remnants being a few chunks of chicken and a few noodles.

She places the bowl on the coffee table and glances at the cup of purple liquid. She can see you watching her closely out of the corner of her eye.

She grabs the small plastic cup and quickly gulps down its contents. She grimaces and shivers violently at the taste. You passed her the bottle of water after you twisted it open for her to quickly wash off the odd taste in .

You shooked your head with a laugh. “still thirsty?” you asks and pushed yourself off the couch, dropping your medical textbook onto the coffee table before moving out to the kitchen. You returned a few moments later carrying an unopened bottle of water placing the water bottle down onto the table and drops down onto the couch beside her.

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed Chaeyoung shiver, her arms wrapping around her shivering torso.

“You cold?” you asked. She slowly nods and leans back into the couch, her eyes fluttering shut. You pulled the blanket out from underneath and quickly cover her with it. 

“Gomawo Unnie.” Chaeng curls up into a ball, her head coming to rest on the arm of the couch. You pulled your legs up onto the couch and shifts until you're sitting in a cross legged position.

“You should lay down.” Clarke places your textbook face down on the arm of the couch and turned to Chaeyoung, seeing her arched brow, her blood shot eyes watching you closely.

“Come here and lay down.” you commanded while her brow furrows.

You grabs the sleeve of her shirt and gives it a tug until she's  sitting up. She reluctantly shifts, and flushes a bright red when you pats your lap a few times. She turns around and allows you to guide her down, until her head comes to rest in your lap.

“There you go.” you smiled, flips the textbook over and focuses intently on the text.

Chaeng turns, facing away from you. She hopes that you didn’t spot her flushed cheeks, or if you did, she will blame it up to her fever.

It doesn’t take long for her to find a comfortable position as her entire body sagging with exhaustion.

It’s no secret to anyone, expect you, that she had a crush on you, her roommate and longtime friend since both of you were kids. Since you moved to their neighbourhood with your parent when you were 5 and that time Chaeyoung was 3.

The both of you were close since they were children, always together playing at the playground, went to the same school because as you said "I want to protect Chaengie from the bullies" and until college you guys still manage to get in the same university but your relationship never went past friendship.

Your eyes dart away from the textbook and settle on the younger girl. You reached down, gently tangling your fingers in Chaeng's long wavy chestnut hair.

She releases a deep sigh, her eyes fluttering shut. Your fingers glide through her hair, your nails gently digging into her scalp. She snuggles deeper onto your lap and eventually gives in to her exhaustion and falls fast asleep.

You continued to gently play with her hair, eyes not leaving the medical text book you had propped up on the arm of the couch.  In her sleep, Chaeng rolls over onto her back, her closed eyes now facing up towards the ceiling. You looked down on your lap with a smile. Her brow furrows in her sleep, she takes a deep breath and a violent cough escapes her open mouth. The younger girl whimpers softly in her sleep, her fingers clutching the comforter tightly. 

You shushes her softly, she hums softly in her sleep and relaxes on your lap.

Your fingers don’t leave her hair for the next hour, eyes darting between her sleeping face and your medical textbook.

Suddenly she shoots up, clutching her chest. She doubles over, coughing and hacking loudly. You reached behind you and grabs the bottle of water off the table.

“Here Chaengie, take a drink.” you unscrewed the cap and passes the bottle to her. She quickly leans back drinking a substantial amount of water before she hands the water bottle back to you as you leaned forward, placing the water bottle back on the table.

“Better?” you asks, hand running gently up and down her back.

She nodded

“There’s no way you’re comfortable sitting like that Unnie.” she rasps, pointing to your crisscrossed legs.  You shooked your head with a smile. “I’m fine.”

She shakes her head and stubbornly moves to stand, taking the comforter with her.

“Put your legs out and lay down Unnie.” she motions to the couch. You furrowed your brow but does as asked, you pushed your legs out and scoots further down the couch, your head coming to rest against the arm of the couch and dropped your textbook on the floor and focuses on Chaeyoung.

“Well where are you—” you got cut off when Chaeng nudges your legs apart. She crawls up, settling between your legs, her back resting against your chest.

You blushes furiously, and your heart begins to race. Your arms slip around Chaeng, wrapping around her middle and pulling her back tighter against your chest. She's  shifting until she’s lying on her side in your arms, her head resting just over your pounding heart.

She looks up through her eyelashes, her own cheeks now a deep shade of crimson. You smiled, your fingers moving to tangle in Chaeng's hair.

“Sleep.” you whispered softly, your nails once again digging into her scalp.

It doesn’t take her long to fall back asleep under your ministrations. You watched the sleeping girl with a small smile. After a while, you felt your own eyelids drooping, and it’s not long before you too is fast asleep.
 

Her eyes slowly flutter open sometime later, her body stiff, and aching.  She whines, and nuzzles deeper into the couch, intent on falling right back asleep. When the couch shifts beneath her, she pulls back with a gasp.

Her cheeks flush a dark red when she comes face to face with a sleeping you.

Sometime during their impromptu nap, she had shifted and climbed entirely on top of you, her upper body is now resting against yours, your legs tangled beneath the comforter.

She attempted to put distance between herself and you. Just as she is about to push herself up, you suddenly sits up your tired light brown eyes finding your small cub. You blinked a couple of time, your eyes darting around, surveying your currently situation.

“Uhhhh…” Chaeng flushes an even darker shade of red. Your tired eyes dart from her wide eyes to her open mouth. 

snaps shut, her wide eyes searching yours. You reaches up, gently cupping her chubby cheeks.

She closes her eyes and leans into your touch. “U-Unnie?”

Her eyes open just in time to see you leaning forward, your lips meeting hers in a short kiss. Before she can even think about kissing back you pulled back with a gasp.

Your cheeks flush blood red. “Oh my god Chaengie Mia—” you got cut off by her lips pressing softly against your for a light peck.

“You have…” she pauses.  “No idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that…” she whispers. You chuckled your nose brushing hers

“I think I might.” you smiled. “and I've been wanting to ask you this" you took a deep breath "will you be my girlfriend Son Chaeyoung?" You closed your eyes waiting for her response until you felt a soft pair of lips against yours. You were smiling from the kiss

You two break apart, a pair of matching grins nearly splitting both of your faces. You leaned up, pressing a kiss to the younger girl's forehead

Out of the corner of your eyes, you saw the neon letters on the front of the microwave reading, 11:00 PM.

“Woah, it’s late…” you sigh. “Come on Chaengi, let’s head to bed.”

Her cheeks flush a bit. “Ummmm…”

You grinned, knowing exactly what she wants to ask. “We’ll sleep in my bed.” you smiled and presses another quick kiss to her cheek.

She scrambles off of you and grabs her phone off the coffee table before she sprints down the hallway to your room, the thick comforter still wrapped tightly around her.

“Someone’s excited” you snorts and jumps up off the couch. You grab the box of Kleenexes off the table and moves to grab a fresh bottle of water out of the fridge before following after your cute girlfriend.

When you reached your bedroom, you found her, sprawled out across your queen-sized bed, the comforter covering her from head to toe.

“I’ll be right back.” you poke her and quickly moves out of the room. You moved into the bathroom and retrieves a bottle of nighttime cold medicine. You dumped the appropriate amount needed into a small plastic cup and moves back towards the bedroom.

The second you steps into the bedroom and Chaeyoung's eyes focus on the cup of medication she shakes her head rapidly. You found that really cute but you have to resist her cuteness

“No.” she hides back under the comforter.

“Come on Chaengie, you have to if you want to get better.” you advances on the bed and sits down beside her. You prods her with your index finger. “Come on Chaeng.”

“Unnieeeeee… Noooooooo.” she whines, peeking out from beneath the comforter. You sigh, biting back a small smile.

You turned around, placing the small plastic cup down on the nightstand. You twisted back around and wraps your arms around her.

“Come on baby, please?” you whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

She flushed red at the term of endearment.

She releases a deep sigh. “Fine.” She grumbles, and you quickly grabs the plastic cup and pushes it into her open hand. She chugs down the medication and happily accepts the bottle of water you handed to her. She takes a few swigs of water before placing it down on the nightstand on her side of the bed. She searches through her pockets and drops her cellphone down beside the water bottle.

You jumped up and turned off the bedroom light. You make your way through the darkness and back to the bed.

You reached out in the darkness, your outstretched hands immediately coming to rest on the body next to you. You pulled small girl backwards until her back comes to rest against your front. You presses a tender kiss to her forehead while she snuggles to the crook of your neck

“Goodnight baby” you whispered into the darkness, your eyes fluttering shut.

“Goodnight Unnie” she whispered, while searching one of your hand and intertwined it with hers.

Both of you fall asleep quickly, both wearing matching smiles.

When Chaeyoung's eyes flutter open the following morning, she’s greeted with your sleeping face. She nuzzles back into your neck as she became addicted to your scent, and smiles when you hums softly.

Suddenly you in a breath of air and sneezes violently, your head jerking forwards. You sniffed, realizing your nose is completely stuffed up.

You quickly pulled away from Chaeng and immediately grab the tissue next to you. The younger girl shook her head with a small smile before leaning forwards and pressing a kiss to your forehead.

She reached behind her, searching the nightstand blindly. Eventually her fingers find and wrap around her cell phone.

She pressed a few buttons on the phone’s surface. She reaches her contacts and presses down on a specific name. It rings a few times before Tzuyu's worried voice sounds through the receiver. She's one of you best friend and also classmate

“My Chingu Chaengie? Feeling better I hope.” Chaeyoung  shooked her head with a sigh.

“Not really… Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it in to class today.” she finished her little conversation with Tzuyu and leans forwards, pressing a peck on your lips before exiting your room to get you your medicine.

 

 

*bows deeply* I'm really sorry to leave you guys hanging. I had this massive writer's block and I couldn't come up with something. I'll be updating this hopefully regularly. For Momo's story it will take me a while to continue it as I run out of idea. I hate disappointing you guys. I'm really deeply sorry. I hope you enjoy this short update. Thank you for still supporting this stories. Your comments will be much more appreciated and to give me more encouragement. Thank you and Sorry again.