Momo (part 2)

Welcome To My World

                                                                                               ~~~

“Unnie, I don’t get it. Can you go through it one more time?” a girl named Somi asked you to go through the dance step again.

Every year you are holding ‘Christmas mini concert’ for your students from your studio with the help of Sana, Tzuyu, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Jihyo and Nayeon who also teach dancing, singing and composing together with you. Mina and Momo are visiting frequently and watch. You studio building is quite big and your students are increasing every year so you got the idea of doing this when you were still a student.

“Okay, it’s like one and two………(teaching the whole routine slowly step by step). Do you get it now?” you asked and the girl nodded cutely. You ruffle her head “now go teach that to those who are struggling” you said as you heard your phone ringing and you saw ‘Momoring~~’ calling you.

“Momoring~~, why are you calling me?” you answered your phone smiling

“I saw a new restaurant and I am here sitting alone. I’ll send you the address. Please come~~~” she said over the phone and you are already imagining her pouting while she said that.

“Aigoo, Momoring is always hungry. I’m coming in 20.” You said and bid goodbye to her to fix yourself and your things.

“Thomas~~can you take over. I need to go somewhere” you said to Jihyo as soon as you finished changing your sweated clothes to new ones.

“Arasso. Where are you going anyways you seem in a hurry?” she asked as she accepts the keys of the building from you.

“Momo,are always focus” you said as you run exiting the building towards your car to go to the said girl. Jihyo just shook her head smiling. It’s the first time of her seeing youare always focusing to teaching dancing to the students you barely have time to go out.

As you arrive at the restaurant you notice a girl wearing light pink shirt, a black shorts and sneakers busily looking at her phone checking her twitter. Knowing who it is you secretly walk towards her and cover her eyes but luck is not on your side as Momo was shocked thinking that a stranger is planning something bad towards her she skilfully elbowed the person behind her which cause you to bow down as you hold your stomach. Momo finally saw the culprit who covered her eyes. Her face shows concern as she did it really hard. She immediately stood up and helps you sit on your chair

“Are you okay? Why did you do that? Look at you now” she said with concern face. You weren’t really hurting that much because you already experience the worst, you just like looking at her with her concern and worried face on. Then she noticed that you are just looking at her while grinning, her then sense that you tricked her and slap your shoulder not too hard.

“Momoring looks so cute when she is worried” you said teasing the girl opposite you

“Aish pabo. Stop doing that I really thought that something really bad will happen to you.” She said while pouting

“Arasso, stop pouting already and order” you said as you pinch her cheeks “restaurant shouldn’t be side by side to each other, they’ll have too much competition” you said while looking through the menu

“As long as the food is good, It’s alright” she said as she ushers the waiter to take your order but you notice that the waiter is staring at Momo. You stood up and asked Momo to sit to the other chair while you sit to her previous sit. You took off your plaided shirt from your waist and put it on her legs to cover them. The waiter then quickly left as soon as he finished taking your orders and you give him a smirk.

After eating you ask for the bill and payed for it “You should stop paying everytime we go out, you’ll turn poor if you do that continuously” she said while standing next to you

“I won’t~~~ don’t worry even if you want to eat the whole menu from a new restaurant I will still pay for it as long as little Momoring is happy” you said while patting her stomach holding your laughter

“You make it sounds like I have something in here. Am I really that big-eater?” she asked with her puppy eyes causing you to pinch her cheeks then put your arm on her shoulder as you walked your way to the exit.

“Anni~~ Momoring looks cute when she eats,” you said looking at her smiling. “So ice cream?” she looked at you smiling ear to ear.

Both of you went to your favourite ice cream parlour. “Oh? (y/n) long time no see. You brought a friend” you always come to that ice cream parlour whenever you have free time so all the workers there already know you, the worker who greeted you was Wendy.

“Yeah I was busy these past few weeks so I rarely come. This is Momo. Momo, that’s Wendy and the two girls at the cashier are Irene and Seulgi” you introduce them and Momo greet them back.

“I’ll get the usual and New York Cheesecake for Momo,” you said as Wendy make your order. Wendy came with your order and you went to the cashier there you were gretted by Irene and Seulgi

“Ohhh~~ your girlfriend?” Seulgi asked as Irene punch your order to the machine. You shook your head and Momo looked the other way when she saw you shook your head then you mouthed “Not yet” to the duo smiling as you bid your goodbye to them after you payed for your ice creams.

After you guys exit the ice cream parlour you two began to walk around the city, looking through stalls, getting more food and buy some accessories. ‘Dance for You by Beyoncé’ was playing and Momo looks at the direction where the sound is coming from and her eyes brighten as she saw a bunch of people in a circle, seeing her face you quickly held her hand bringing her to the crowd. You know she loves dancing and seeing her happy while watching people move to the beat of the song being played makes your heart flutters.

After the last dancer is done, you decided to push her to the centre and she looked at you shocked you just shrug and start cheering for her along with the crowd. As you noticed that she hasn’t move a bit you decided to join her as you know the song that was playing and you looked at her as you see her nod the both of you started to dance to the song. You were really impressed by her moves and thinking that she was just watching you dancing to this song and she already remembers every moves. After the song ended people cheering and clapping loudly as both of you finished the dance you guys exit the circle and bowed as a thank you.

“I can’t believe you pushed me!” she said as she hit your shoulder lightly

“But I was there to save you” you said grinning while looking at her

Both of you started to walk again the quiet atmosphere was broke when she spoke “I really love dancing” Momo confess that makes you look at her, ready to listen. “When I was 3, I was already into dancing. My sister goes to a dancing school and one day I followed her. I told my parents that I also want to go there and learn dancing but they said I’m too young so when I entered year 3, I told them that I want to do it and they let me. I was really happy when I am dancing, learning new dance moves and feeling proud when you perfect the routine. I continued until I’m in high school. As I was doing great in dancing, my academics were getting low and my parents were upset so they told me that I should focus on my studies and stop dancing. They told me that I can only get to dancing again when my grades improve.” She said looking sad as she remember her childhood. “I finished high school with above average grades and I was really happy that I can finally go back to dancing but not until my dad told me that I have to go to college and take business studies to help him with our business. My sister also took business studies when she enters college to help my dad so I decided to do it as well to help my family. I just think dancing as my hobby” she ended her story with a sad smile.

Looking at the time “it’s already late” she said. The both of you head towards your car and drive her to her house.

 

                                                                                               ~~~

Momo groan as she looked for her phone to check the time hearing nonstop knock on her bedroom door. She got up without fixing herself and opened the door. You stand there grinning at her as you noticed her clothing, pink pyjamas. Cute you thought.

“Momoring~~ hurry and dress up we need to go somewhere,” you said while you push her back to her bedroom

“Why you are here so early and who lets you in?” she asked with her sleepy voice as she went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth

“It’s already 9 am Ms. Hirai and your mum lets me in,” you told her while you’re busy looking around her room. Wow she must’ve really like pink so much, pink bed, pink bean bag, pink wardrobe.

You’re so busy looking around you didn’t notice that she already finish dressing up. She is wearing a simple white shirt with denim shorts and black and white sneakers. She was packing some things when you notice your plaided shirt hanging on her backdoor. You grab it and went to her to put it on her waist. She was startled by your action but calm down when you spoke

“Your shorts are too short so keep this on, Arasso?” you said after you put it on her and she nodded slowly.

The both of you exited her room and as you go down stair her mum saw the both of you and told you to eat first before leaving

“Momo-chan, (y/n)-chan, eat first before you leave. I prepared Momo’s favourite breakfast.” Momo’s mum said while placing seaweed soup on the table. There are lots of foods from normal American breakfast to Kimchi friend-rice. You learned that Momo’s mum loves to cook and Momo loves her cooking that’s why the latter’s appetite is no joke. The three of you started eating and as soon as you and Momo finished you offered to wash the dishes as a sign of thank you for the breakfast you just had. Momo’s mum disagrees at first but you insisted.

Momo helped you wash the things and her mother went up to dress up for work. Her mother manages a sushi restaurant and her dad owns a fishing company so he has to leave early to personally check the equipment and the caught fishes. Her sister stayed back in Japan because of her dance studio there. Momo helps her parents from time to time. You both finished washing and ready to leave Momo’s house after you bid goodbye to Momo’s mother.

You drive to your dance studio and Momo noticed so she asked “Why are we heading to your building so early in a Saturday morning?” she asked in confusion because you don’t have classes on weekends.

“It’s a surprise” you were literally dragging her to your personal dance room. You started setting up the speaker and the laptop for the source of music

“What’s going on?” she asked confused

“I need your help with this dance, so I need you to watch it with me and help me practice!” you said after you brought her to the laptop and played the video

“B-but” she was going to respond but you cut her off

“No buts. Please Momoring~~you danced to that song we danced at the streets when you just watch me practice and teach it with the students. I know this is just a piece of cake for you” you plead as you looked at her with your puppy eyes

“A-arasso” she was blushing when you did that and start watching the video. You notice her blushing face but you just kept quiet and is smiling from ear to ear the whole time.

After watching the video, you and Momo began to start practicing the moves. At first Momo was a bit awkward but she got used to it after a few go with your help. The dance is a couple dances and consists with a lot of skinship. Momo moves her body smoothly and it feels like her body knew the dance already even though she only practices it for an hour. Both of you danced until you both perfect the routine. As the both of you are in the final pose of the dance…

“She’s hired” you and Momo turned your heads in the source of the voice. Momo saw that there are bunch of people standing at the entrance of the door.

“Unnie, I didn’t know you dance like that. You look really cool” Tzuyu was the one who went up to her praising Momo’s dance skills.

“Hired for what?” Momo was confuse because she didn’t even apply for anything

“New dance teacher and also you will be my partner for the ‘Christmas mini concert’” you said nonchalantly, the other girls nod as an agreement to your statement

“(y/n), I can’t. I already told you.” She said sounding really sad. You come up to her to hold her hands and speak

“There’s nothing to worry about” you then told her what happen earlier to their house before you wake her up

 

Flashback

*ding dong*

The door opened showing a middle-age woman “what can I do for you?” she said in a really sweet tone

You bowed down as a sign of respect and greeted the woman “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Momo’s friend and I’m here to ask permission from her parents” the woman smiled at you, letting you inside the house. As you entered the living room, you saw a man reading newspaper which you believe Momo’s father and the woman earlier was her mother.

“Okay, tell us what is this all about. What permission do you want to get from us? And why is it the first time I’m seeing you? What job do you have? What—“ the man was cut off by his wife indicating to stop interrogating you and to let you explain first

“Uhhm. I’m really sorry if I’m bothering you early in the morning but I am here to ask permission for Momo to work in my dance company, Sir and Ma’am” you were really nervous as for the questions Momo’s dad were asking you a while ago

“Why would I let that? She needs to help us for our business and Momo already gave up dancing long time ago” her dad said with a straight face while her mum is seating beside him looked at you and nodded as a sign that you may continue explaining

You took out you tablet outside your bag and fidget on something before facing it to them. The device shows a video of two people dancing like professionals. Soon the camera was focus on a girl which the couple recognize as their daughter. They saw the look on their daughter’s face when she was moving with the beat of the song. It was their first time seeing her dance because they were too busy with their business back in Japan that they didn’t know how much their daughter love dancing. After the video finish you told them the story Momo told you after the dance. The couple looked sad when they heard about this.

Momo followed her dad’s wish to take business studies in college because her sister disagrees on taking a part of their business and to give up dancing. Her sister put up her own dance studio with the help of her friends that made Momo’s parent hope Momo to not do the same. Momo then agree to her parent and do as they pleased.

“W-we didn’t realise that we were taking a big part of her life away from her” Momo’s mum spoke with a sad voice thinking how Momo was feeling when she gave up dancing

“Thank you for showing this to us and making us realise of what we’ve done, seeing her happy like that doing her passion makes me happy too. We give you our permission to let Momo work with you and please help her gain her confidence back. Anyways, we were talking here for a long time but we haven’t got the chance to know your name” Momo’s dad now have a bright expression

“I’m (y/n), Ma’am, Sir” introducing yourself

“Aigoo, you can call us Uncle and Aunty. We are happy that Momo has a great friend like you, willing to support her” you were happy and you can’t wait to tell Momo the good news

“I’m going to wake her up now” her mum said but you asked her if you can do it instead

“I’ll do it Aunty” smiling to the woman and she then told you where Momo’s room is

“I’ll go ahead then. Thank you again (y/n) and you are more welcome to come here again” Momo’s dad went off to go to work and you also bid goodbye to him

End of Flashback

When you finish telling her the story, you looked at her and noticed that she is now smiling. The other people in the room were just staring at you two, when Momo hugged you it was the indication for the others to leave the two of you alone. 

 

 

Sorry, I know it's late so I make it longer than the previous part. I hope you guys like it. Please comment on what you think about my one-shots. Thank you