MoMo (part 1)

Welcome To My World

Third person POV

“This is my girlfriend, Myoui Mina. Mina, these are my friends” you didn’t listen to anything Chaeyoung was saying cause Mina’s name continued to repeat on your mind as Chaeyoung introduced each of you to her girlfriend of four months. You were staring at her when she happily greets everyone in your group of friends.

“Hi” just that simple word coming from her greeting you made you daydream for a second. Her voice was soft and quiet, not like those girls who always fangirl whenever your group performs in some occasion. You wished you could listen to her voice forever.

These thoughts make you hate yourself, these emotions you feel every time Mina is around. You hate yourself for having these feelings for the girl that can ruin your friendship with Chaeyoung.

It was when Chaeyoung just got back from Japan and where everyone just got back from a long holiday when Chaeyoung first introduced Mina to her group of friends. Chaeyoung and Mina visited the latter’s parents in Japan. Mina was an exchange student and Chaeyoung and she knew each other through mutual friends that introduce them to each other. They both keep in contact after their first meeting and from that they developed feelings for each other. Finally, a week before the school ends Chaeyoung asked Mina to be her girlfriend and started dating from then on.

                                                                                               ~~~

With a sigh, you stared blankly at the sky while lying down on one of the benches of your apartment building’s rooftop until a mug of tea blocked your view. You sat up and saw the brown haired girl that quickly lightened up your mood.

“gomawo, Momoring” you said, taking a sip from your tea. Momo nodded her head with a smile, taking a seat next to you, sipping her own tea and taking a bite from the cookies she baked earlier. You were staring at her until she noticed and offer you a bite which you gladly accept.

Momo was introduced to your group two months after meeting Mina as Sana’s childhood friend from Japan. She transferred school because of her father’s job. Jeongyeon already shows her interest. You and Momo immediately clicked knowing that you two shared almost the same interest. Tzuyu also enjoys her presence since she also likes dancing and Dayhun likes her personality. Momo is almost similar to Mina. She’s pretty too, but not as much as Mina. She’s also shy like Mina. Mina likes elegance while Momo is just a carefree girl at the same time very girly.

The song from the room closed to the rooftop was clearly heard and you two started dancing when the song changes from Jun.K’s No love to Exo’s Monster and when the chorus played you both yelled “YOU CAN CALL ME MONSTER” from the top of your lungs and end up laughing when a middle-aged woman from the other building yelled “SHUT UP!!”

                                                                                               ~~~

You were staring blankly at the snowy ground, feeling numb from the cold as you wait for the others to come. Chaeyoung decided to go to the amusement park with the whole group. Tzuyu, Sana, and Dahyun can’t come because they already had plans and Nayeon and Jihyo are busy practicing for their recital. Jeongyeon said she was coming because Momo is going but due to her skateboard accident, she was prevented from going because she sprained her ankle.

Throughout your time at the amusement park, you always kept your straight face as if you’re ignoring Chaeyoung and Mina’s sweetness. You noticed that Momo was looking at the corndog stall and you decided to buy her one.

“Can you give me one of corndog and water, please?” you told the seller then gave you what you asked and you then paid for it. You went to Momo who is now looking at one of the rides. Her view of the ride was replaced by a stick of corndog which causes her to smile.

“Here, I saw you looking at this a while ago. You must be hungry from all the walking.” You said while handing her the corndog which she accepts happily taking a big bite from it. She was eating like 5 years old with crumbs all over .

“Aigoo, Momoring eat slowly.” You were smiling while taking a tissue to wipe . Her faced turned pinkish and her heart was beating faster than usual. You handed her the water thinking that she needs it as she almost finished the whole thing in less than 5 minutes.

She mumbles a soft “thank you” as she avoids looking at you as you might notice her blushing. Your phone was ringing and Chaeyoung’s name was seen. As you finished talking to her you told Momo that Mina and Chaeyoung were waiting for them in one of the restaurants at the amusement park.

When you arrive at the restaurant you saw Mina and Chaeyoung being extremely sweet together, they haven’t noticed you and Momo entered the restaurant yet. You pretend that someone called you but the truth is you’re finding an excuse to go as you were hurt seeing Mina and Chaeyoung like that. Momo was standing beside you.

“Momo-yah, you can go inside and can you tell them that I have to go because something important came up. Thank you. Annyeong” you said while running outside the restaurant and sat at one of the benches. Alone. Until….

“(y/n)” you looked up when you heard a girl’s voice, hoping it was the one you like. It was only Momo.

Momo gave out a small laugh “you were hoping it was Mina, oh?” she decided to sit next to you and grab your hand and pats it comfortingly, “you like her that much?” as if she already knows the answer she continues “I can’t tell you to stop liking her cause it’s not in your control” she finished and you grip on her hand pulling her into a hug, not because you feel like crying but you just needed her comfort and to eased the pain a little bit.

 

                                                                                               ~~~

You groan as you check the time that someone is already bugging you by ringing your doorbell non-stop and continuously banging the door. You finally get out of your bed, out of your room and heading to open the door only to see Momo smiling from ear to ear. She lets herself in and closes your door quickly, pushing you back to your room

“Get ready! There is a new Jokbal place that opened yesterday and I want to try it” after she closed the door you just stand there dumbstruck. “Hurry Up!!” she yells from the other side of the door causing you to start getting change.

As if she sense that you’re already finish dressing up, she opens the door and she saw you running to the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth. She was getting impatient of your slowness so she approaches you while you were fixing your hair. Your hair is like Jeongyeon’s so there’s really nothing much to fix she then grab the moisturiser to put some on your face. After checking the time on her phone, Momo quickly grabs your baseball cap and put it on your head and pulling you out of the door

“Let’s go, or else they’ll be sold out soon”

The restaurant was full of customers, luckily Momo has reservation. After taking your seats, the both of you started talking about random stuff while waiting for your food to arrive. In the midst of talking, the food finally came and you watched as Momo is staring at the Jokbal like it is her lover. You took a piece and put it in front of her moving it closer to she then opens to eat it. After she tasted it she was moving her hands cutely and started to eat more. You started eating too and it tasted really delicious as Momo said. The rest of the playful and as soon as the both of you finished eating, she was dragging you to the nearest mall to walk all those food you guys ate earlier.

Momo would drag you to the stores that she can spot with pink items in it. She likes pink so much that you can’t believe that the girl has it on her. You were daydreaming until she comes up to you holding some stuffed toys. Two of them stand out, cub and penguin. You were staring at the two toys when Momo finally understands why.

“Sorry (y/n)” she said while looking at the ground “I was trying to make you forget what happened yesterday but then,” she said as she plays with her hand “stupid me” she mumbles. You were staring at her and then smiles.

“Aigoo, Momoring should not be sorry at all, but let’s buy other animals okay? Let’s buy raccoon since everyone is saying you look like one and this koala too since you like hugging people and sleeping” you said to lighten up the mood which succeeds as you saw her smiling. You both pay for the toys, she was reaching for her wallet but you were faster to reach for your card.

“Thank you,” she said softly while holding on to one of the stuffed toy and the other one was held by you

“No, thank you. You made me happy today” she looked at you only to see you smiling at her

“You’re welcome,” she says while giggling. You laugh and ruffled her hair

“You’re the best, Momoring”

                                                                                               ~~~

“Shh! She’s coming!” someone in the dark whispered, footsteps were going around the dark apartment.

“Momo-unnie, you should have given that waiter a chance. He’s quite nice.” Mina said as they keep walking towards the unit.

“I already told you I like someone already~~” Momo responded

“But” as Mina open the door and reach for the lights, everyone in the room jumps up and yells “SURPRISE” “Happy Birthday Minari~~”

Mina was shocked but her facial expression soon changed as Momo put a party hat on her and Chaeyoung makes her way to her while holding the cake with your help. Everyone started to sing Happy Birthday while Mina stands in the centre, smiling.

“Happy Birthday, babe” Chaeyoung said as she kiss Mina’s cheek and the latter mouthed a soft “thank you”

You pat your pocket where you put your gift for Mina. Making sure it’s still there.

 

Flashback

You were on your way to your dance studio when you heard Mina and Momo talking

“*sigh* I really want to go to that play. If only I knew that it is popular here I should’ve made a pre-order for the tickets already” Mina and Momo were sitting at the front of the dance studio building.

“There’s still next time, Minari” Momo was patting the sulky girl’s back. As if it is the cue, you walked towards the two

“What’s the problem here? Why is this penguin sulking?” you were teasing them but, it’s not the right time to joke around as Momo looked at you and telling you to shut up. You complied “Aigoo, come on you two. I’m up for some ice cream right now. My treat” the duo then soon stood up and follows you forgetting about the problem.

3 days later

“Unnie, I heard that you are going to have a performance here in Korea” you were talking to someone to the phone

“Yeah, I’m expecting you to come, okay?”

“But I heard the tickets were already sold out. I guess I’ll just see you next time then” you said jokingly 

“Eyyy, this punk. Just come and I’ll take care of everything. Bring some of your friends too. You’re dead meat if I don’t see you there” laughing at the woman at the other end of the call you then soon agreed

“That’s why you still don’t have a boyfriend. You’re scary. Don’t worry I’ll be there because I don’t want to be killed by you yet” the both of you laugh as it is true that the other girl gets really scary.

“I can have boyfriend whenever I want. By the way need to go now, we still need to practice. I don’t want to disappoint the audience. I’ll see you soon (y/n)-chan” she said as she ended the call

 

End of Flashback

 

You were sitting and waiting until you have a chance to give Mina your gift. You glance at Momo, who is looking at you too, having a smile that didn’t even reach her eyes. You told Momo that you somehow got access to the play they were talking about and Momo found out that you were listening to them not long time ago.

“I can bring some friends with me, so since Mina would love it. Can you come?” you asked her happily

She was thinking for a moment. I shouldn’t go so they can have time together. *sigh* I know it’s wrong for letting (y/n) continue her feelings for Mina but when I remember her state when we went to the amusement park and seeing her happy when she mentions her present for Mina. I want her to be happy just this once. She was brought back to reality when she heard you calling her name

“Momoring~~” you said while giving her a little shake

“I don’t think I can. You can ask the other girls if they can” she said with a hint of sadness in her voice

“Awww. I already asked them but they all have plans except for you and Mina, even Chaeyoung is not coming because she’s having a major work to finished and now you too” she was looking at you with a small smile as she saw you pouting.

“Aigoo, (y/n)-chan is sulking~~. We can go next time” she said as she pinches your cheeks

                                                                                               ~~~

The small surprise party was extremely fun. There were laughter, stories, and the room is filled with happy people. There is the karaoke where Nayeon and Jihyo already singing. The ‘school-lunch team’ (Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Dahyun) dancing crazily while the two were singing. The three Japanese girls were just laughing at them. Jeongyeon then sang to Momo next and you were staring at them with a straight face while Momo was just laughing at Jeongyeon’s silly singing.

The party finished at past 2am and everyone began to leave one by one. Chaeyoung is fixing the bedroom for her and Mina as Mina decided to sleep over. You still haven’t given your gift yet, at this time it’s impossible to give it to Mina and you decided to leave with Momo.

“Unnie” Mina runs up toward you and Momo “You almost forgot this” giving you the keys

“That reminds me, here” handing her a envelope “Happy Birthday”

Mina’s eyes widen as she saw what inside is a ticket. Not just a ticket, it is the ticket to the play she was sulking about a week ago. She was smiling ear to ear and you were happy that she likes your gift.

“Unnie, Thank you really but how did you get this?” she said as she was looking at it happily

“A friend of mine gave it to me and I heard that you wanted to go but the tickets were already sold out, so yeah” you said while scratching your nape.

Mina hugged you, at first you were shocked but then you hugged her back. She looks like a little girl who just receives her favourite ice cream. Then you realise that you adore this girl but not like before when you first met her, she’s like a little sister to you now. Mina then said goodbyes to you and Momo and makes her way inside the apartment.

You head towards Momo who was waiting for you beside your car and you notice that she is shivering so you creep up to her and back hug her. She was blushing because of what you did so she lowers her head so you won’t notice

“Momoring~~you should bring a jacket next time. Look at you now shivering in this cold weather” you are still hugging her then you felt that your heart is beating faster. You pulled away which made Momo disappointed because the warmth was now gone.

“Hop on Momoring. I’ll send you home” you said as you open the car door for her soon you drive her home. 

 

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long I have a busy year and I'm having a short break now from school so I decided to give you guys update. This shot is going to be 3 or 4 chapters to make it up to you guys. I'll post the next chapter in 10 hrs. Thank you for subscribing and your comments are much appreciated.