Scared

TOO CUTE

a/n: i'm probably just going to write in lowercase now since i'm a lazy bum. lol have fun reading, sorry for the lack of updates recently :c 

MINGYU POV: 

"yo mingyu," vernon called out to me. i turned around, slightly annoyed that he disrupted me from talking to jihoonie. 

"can i talk to you for a bit? in private?" he asked, a serious look on his face. i glanced at jihoon quickly before i muttered an apology and ruffled his hair. he nodded slightly before walking away towards the cafeteria. 

"what?" i asked, picking at my fingernails. 

"get your together mingyu." vernon snapped. i jerked my head up in surprise. 

"what the hell?" i growled angrily. "who the are you to tell me what to do?" i muttered through clenched teeth. 

"you've been pining over that shortie for weeks now. do you know how stupid you look? people are starting to ask my why i'm friends with such a loser." he said, tugging his eyebrows together and folding his arms. 

"what the ? i'm not pining over jihoon. he's just a friend you dip." i snapped. vernon raised an eyebrow. 

"you can't catch feelings for a person, let alone an unsociable loser." i clenched my fists and prepared to defend jihoonie. 

"he doesn't even like you. he doesn't give you any attention and literally he doesn't give a about you. just give it up." vernon said, voice filled with determination. my fists unclenched and my shoulders drooped slightly. i let out a quiet sigh before i muttered,

"i know." 

 

--------------------------------

jihoon pov:

 

to say i didn't feel anything for mingyu would be a lie. he's more than what he looks like. he's sweet and he's kind and when his big hands ruffle my hair it really tugs at my heart. and when this huge giant started to leave me alone, honestly i felt pretty lonely. 

there wasn't a big silver haired boy sleeping in front of me in the library anymore. there wasn't a giant eating my lunch anymore. there wasn't a big little baby pining me to help him with his homework anymore. it felt almost empty, as if these things grew natural and it was strange for it to suddenly be gone. 

i walked down the hall and stopped to grab my books out of the locker. once i closed it i noticed a tall gray headed figure walking down the hall. vernon and wonwoo were beside him, joking about something as the walked past. 

"minggu" i mumbled quietly before my brain could process what i said. he looked behind him but when he spotted me he just turned around and kept walking. 

my lips tugged into a frown as there was a pang in my chest. i packed my backpack and walked out of school. as i continued to walk back home, tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. 

why? am i not important enough? do i ruin his image? does he already have someone important to him? he's dating wonwoo isn't he

"hey pretty boy.." someone slurred. i whipped my head around to find the source of the voice. to my left was a dark alley and a boy that looked like he was around 20 years old. i gulped and attempted to ignore the obviously drunk man. 

"YAH, get back heree, come here." he said, beckoning me towards him as he started walking to me. i froze on the spot, eyes dialating and hand gripping the strips of my backpack. a sweaty hand grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the alley. 

"no, stop. stop please" i whined, digging my heels into the ground. i thrashed and wiggled to get out of his grip. he grabbed onto my hair with a hand and dragged me into the dark shadows of the alley. i yelped at the pain and grappled onto his hand to pry it off my hair. 

"STOP" i yelled, my voice high and whining. the man grabbed onto my uniform and pried at it, attempting to loosen the buttons. my eyes widened in realization in what he was trying to do. 

"STOP STOP PLEASE STOP" i screamed, hands trying to keep my uniform together. tears were streaming down my face and i could feel my ears going red. 

"come on, don't hide that body of yours." he slurred, giggling as he tore off a button. cold air hit my collarbones and i shivered as he kept trying to tear the rest off. 

"NO STOP IT PLEASE STOP" i screeched, pushing his face and kicking at his legs. i tried to kick him where the sun don't shine but he was significantly taller than me and i couldn't reach. 

"" i heard a deep voice yell. the hands on my uniform released and i slid down the wall and hit the ground, arms wrapping around my knees. i could recognize that voice anywhere. always saving me from trouble. i heard  him punch the man in the face and yell profanities while doing so. after few seconds of silence, i felt a hand on my hair. the feeling of his hand was so familiar and so warm and comforting that i let out all my tears.

tears from what just happened, tears from the past, and tears because even though this person was all i wanted, it was clear he didn't want me. i burrowed my face into my knees, trying to mask my sobs and hide my disgusting face from him. 

"jihoonie. look up." he commanded with a soft voice. i shook my head as i gripped my knees tighter. two soft hands surrounded my cheeks and gently brought me up to face him. he was staring at me, eye brows knit together, face pulled into a frown. his dark brown eyes were hypnotizing, his silver hair looked so fluffy and soft. perfect skin. beautiful lips. sculpted jaw. raised nose. he was too perfect, and it hurt too much.