Chapter 5: Atonement. A Future.

Love & Betrayal

Sunny, the grand-niece of the scientist who had participated in and penned down all the things he knew from project S101 stood atop Black Mamba’s helipad. She was not expecting a chopper, in fact the use of choppers was so rare in these days that it was almost non-existent. Very few have the knowledge to pilot it and even fewer knew how to maintain one. The helipad was there mainly for show.

The girl with the short-cropped blonde hair let out a sigh and her breath came out in mist in the cool air.

“I know you are there you know, you can stop playing your hunting games.”

The chime-like giggle made the environment even chillier.

“I dare not play hunting games with the best huntress. What do you think my little sister would say if she found out what you have been doing?”

“She would understand.”

“’She would understand’ she says.” Jessica laughed and the chill in the air seemed to increase in tandem with her laughter. “Oh no, she would not because she will see this as a form of betrayal.”

Even if there were stabbing pains to Sunny’s heart, she would not let it show. She had prepared for ages for this to happen and had made sure that everything had run smoothly. She would make amends for what wrong has been done to the world by her family and the sinners that took part in project S101. Sunny had been making good progress until now, trying to steer Black Mamba into the direction of annihilating the darkest sects, those that bore the most hatred and would have been irrecoverable. Doing her best to pass on the information at the right time to the right group of people, which was G7. Sunny had executed all this accordingly and dutifully yet, there was but one mistake. Falling in love with Hyomin was a mistake. The greatest single mistake she could ever make.  

“Betrayal could be the strongest emotion ever felt by a person. So strong, it might even make someone like Hyomin… a monster.”

A monster. Sunny felt as though she was in a vacuum, it was as though she was standing on nothing, touching nothing, breathing nothing. She knows, Jessica knows. Sunny felt as though her heart had been submerged into a bucketful of ice, she felt an odd combination of numerous piercing pains together with raw numbness.

“What did you do with her?” Sunny’s voice sounded so small and scared that it was barely audible.

“Like what a usual person might do to a threat or rather what a person made up of pure hatred would do to a pink-haired creature of love. I put her in the cylinder.” No single being could withstand S101 at five hundred times its normal concentration. There was not even a chance Hyomin could have retained her conscious mind after being gassed and Sunny finally understood why Jessica had appeared at the helipad. Jessica must have already told Hyomin of all of Sunny’s doings and her future plans. Even if Hyomin could even retain a trace of humanity within herself, Sunny’s actions would have been seen as betrayal and could completely destroy Hyomin from inside out. Jessica enjoyed the sweet silence that came after the revelation.

Then she heard it, the sound of pure rage and anguish as the short blonde charged forwards, a dagger in her hand. “You monster!”

There was nothing but the sound of flesh splitting cleanly and the steady dripping of the blood. 

The first snow of the year fell, so quickly it soaked up the red from the ground.

Everything had happened in a flash. The limp body of Sunny slid from Black Mamba’s leader and onto the ground. “Hatred has once again triumphed after all.” Jessica’s chime-like giggles filled the air as snow continue to fall.

**

Leagues away…

The seven ladies together had barely made away from the siege in the chopper. They were fortunate all forms of launcher had been destroyed and the chopper had not taken much damage. They only prayed that this piece of flying machine had indeed been as properly maintained as Tiffany claimed they were. Despite rarely being seen socializing with the rest ever since the girl had lost mobility in both her legs, Tiffany was still the best pilot the world ever has and a natural second-in-command to Taeyeon. It also heartened Taeyeon to see Tiffany back in assuming her co-leadership position.

Seohyun was forced to co-pilot this flying mechanism but was soon having fun with her role. That left the rest of the G7 to tend to the girl whom they had just saved. It was a pity when they had found out that they had been too late to rescue the person who had been leaking out information to them. Her name was Sunny. Sunny however did one last thing before she died, to send an encoded message to G7 from the bracelet she wore to save Hyomin at all costs.

“Do you think she will ever wake?”

It had only taken an hour for Black Mamba to take up swords and another hour for them to reach G7’s base. Leading them was none other than the most tainted of all beings. She who radiated so much hatred, it felt almost as if the ground she covered would turn as vile as she was, Jessica, the twin of hatred.

“She must wake… she is the world’s only hope... S201, Hyomin the twin of love,” Taeyeon said.

 

** 

A/N 

Yes, this is the end. 

I hope you guys are reading this message because you have finished reading all the chapters already. If not, read the chapter first cause I am going to clear some things up!

Yes, Project S201 is Hyomin and unfortunately Jessica is the by-product. In order to create an embodiment of love, they had to purge out the hatred from the creation and hence Jessica had to be created. Yes, yes I am too freaking cruel to Jessica. 

And Sunny... I will not give my comments but I will be glad to hear your thoughts :)

Also, even though this may not seem like an end to some, and a part of me agrees with you. My initial plans to end this story this way was because I had wanted their future to be as uncertain as possible. However, after much consideration I thought I might have been a little irresponsible for giving this story such an ending...

So...

I have written a sequel to this fiction. 

That is correct. 

A sequel.  

This is the special announcement will be my first ever sequel so I hope I will not disappoint you guys so much :)

A brief comment about the sequel, it is twice as long as this mini-fic and features other pairings as well. It will be posted next week, possibly mon-tues since I still got some scenes that are unfinished. 

Finally, I thank all of you for reading up to here! :) All the subscribes, upvotes and comments were very much appreciated!

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend ahead :) 

Sequel:

Titled: Dominion of Love

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1153293/dominion-of-love-hyomin-jiyeon-taeny-taeyeon-tiffany-sunbyung-minyeon