Chapter 1: Black Mamba

Love & Betrayal

Dilapidated, in ruins, and desolated are the perfect adjectives to describe the state the world is currently in. This country, formerly known as South Korea, was not any different either. By currently, we meant 2121; an age whereby technology, brainpower as well as morals have long since peaked over and are no longer prized. An age whereby brawns triumphed over everything. There were no government bodies, no laws and people could conduct any activities they wanted; fighting, killing, and raiding. Many suffered and few benefitted; amongst those were the ones who wielded power. Power was Key and Jessica was Power.

 

Jessica, the leader of the greatest cult, group, society, whatever you may wish to call it; it did not matter in this age, sat idly in her high-back chair running her fingertips near the edge of a dagger occasionally. Fire crackled incessantly in the fireplace next to her as she waited for news. It was about time. Three knocks on the heavy metallic door.

 

“Enter.” The leader’s command was crisp as ever.

 

The door creaked and in strode two fighters, both her sister’s men, into the room. Their battle gears freshly stained with blood and human fluids, new cuts and gashes adorned their bodies. They looked lethargic but not any less lethal. Another female fighter with a spitting image of her followed. A girl with almond shaped eyes that was deep chocolate in colour, complemented by beautifully shaped brows. Her hair however, was unlike that of Jessica. Whilst Jessica had unnaturally straightened platinum blonde hair, this incomer had fiery pink hair that ended just past her shoulders. This fighter had just endured yet another battle and was apparently not in the best of her appearance; with dirt and blood clinging to her skin otherwise she would undeniably be described plainly as a charming beauty.

 

This beauty was none other than Hyomin, Jessica’s sister.

 

The two fighters bowed before Jessica dutifully, returned to their erect postures and stayed in their positions as the leader got up from her seat, circling around them with an athletic gait. Her chocolate orbs narrowed to fine slits as she scrutinised her men as well as woman.

 

“Punctual, as always,” Jessica commented, donning a small yet dangerous smile, swishing the blade ever so expertly in her hands.

 

Hyomin gave a small bow as she squared her shoulders. Blood will be spilled.

 

Jessica paused in her steps abruptly and a small wicked lopsided grin crept into her face as she sent the overly-sharp blade into one of the fighter’s sides, coldly. Blood spluttered from the fresh wound as she withdrew the blade and then she produced the same wound on the other fighter. The two fighters remained unflinching however, their expression only hinted at mild discomfort as warm crimson fluid spurted out from their gaping wounds; undoubtedly seasoned and numbed fighters. “I would have pardoned tardiness but never sloppiness. You should have your men cleaned up before allowing them to be in my presence.”

 

Hyomin clenched her teeth, otherwise, her expression had remained unchanged all the while. Even though her insides were churning, the pink-haired fighter would not let her discomfort show, never would she do that before her cruel sister.

 

“You guys are spared this time,” Jessica whispered dangerously into their ears, sliding the tip of her cold hard blade against one of their faces, carving a thin line from it. “Now leave.” The leader flicked her knife in the air once, twice for jape.  

 

The men bowed lower once more then spun on their heels and exited through the door. Hyomin felt slightly relieved that her two men were spared, now she had more mind to worry about her own predicament.

 

After they were left alone, Jessica, the power wielder turned towards her sister who stood unmoving. As the leader judged her younger counterpart, she felt a strong hatred for her sister, an insurmountable form of negative energy roiled within the depths of herself. Jessica felt a compulsive need to destroy her sister, it was such an intense feeling that the mere thought of it was pleasurable. But I cannot do it, not yet. It took a lot of effort to keep her emotions in control. Even the sight of her discomforts me yet I must not fall prey to hate. Jessica put on her usual cold demeanor as she addressed her sister. “It was a clean victory, I believe. Report.”

 

“Horned-tail completely obliterated. Zero casualties from our side. Two severely injured by your blade,” The pink-haired warrior reported back, her face was also entirely void of expression.

 

There, the leader felt it again, the thought of obliterating her sister on the spot almost override her consciousness this time round. She wondered what it would be like for her sister to plead for mercy as she tortured her, she craved to see, taste and smell her sister’s helplessness and above all, her blood. Jessica had to force herself to reel back to reality. She broke out into a smile, it was followed by an uncontrollable laughter and subsequently devilish cackle. “How very funny, my sister. I must say your sense of humour has gone up by several notches.” Jessica sauntered over to the fireplace and tossed her blade into the fire before turning around to meet her sister’s eyes, again. “Well… whose name did you leave?”

 

“Jessica’s men, Black Mamba.”

 

The power wielder let out a low whistle as a slow yet satisfied smirk spread across her face. “You should have added in Sunny’s Partner as well.” She laughed at her own joke then proceeded. “Hyomin, Hyomin. A most skilled assassin whose name still remains unknown.”

 

“I have no regrets.” Hyomin assumed an expressionless tone.

 

“Very well then, very well. We’ll see in the near future. You may go.”

 

**


 

Once out of the room, the most lethal killer felt watchful eyes upon her. The hairs on both her arms rose but even if she felt any fear, she had not let it show. She squared her shoulders once again and walked forth briskly.

 

It was not long before she sensed the oncoming assault. She drew out her sword from its sheath by pure reflex and parried the violent blow aside only just in time. Hyomin hastily returned the attack with a just as deadly yet her assailant proved herself to be worthy as her opponent. The assailant danced aside, whisking Hyomin's blade away. The sound produced by steel on steel, occasional grunts and screams ensued from the dueling pair drew the attention of most if not all of the clan members and yet not one of them dared interrupt their battle.

 

The assailant was a female with a short boyish haircut. Even though she was of small stature, the attacker had great reach and was especially nimble. Her footwork was seamless with her assaults.

 

Time did not prove to dwindle their stamina as the two continued lashing out savage blows on one another for what seemed like a good half hour. It was not until when Hyomin had feigned an attack which had left an opening for her opponent to fall for before claiming victory for herself. The female killer had simply flung her wrist and sliced the back of her assailant's hand leaving her stunned and took the precious second to whisk the deadly weapon away from her hands.

 

Sunny gasped as her sword got flung a few feet away from her reach. Before the girl even managed to recover from the shock, she found Hyomin's blade pointed to the hollow of .

 

Sunny sighed and threw up both arms. "I concede defeat, my love." The assailant hissed out the last two words.

 

A small, wicked grin formed slowly on Hyomin's face as she inspected her sword before returning it to its sheath. "Let's go, we've got a wound to tend to."

 

The shorter blonde scowled." Your place or mine?”

 

“Anywhere is fine.” Hyomin shrugged, a small smile played on her face.

 

Her hand interlocked with the blonde’s own once the gap between them has closed, leading her Partner away from her twin sister’s lair.

 

The female captain then whispered into her partner's ears, "that was some fine acting you've put up there."

 

“You did well too. We’ve got to show them who’s boss.” Sunny whispered back.

 

The duo then threw a lopsided grin in each other’s direction.

 

Sunny was never one to lose in a combat and if she ever did, it would only be because it is Hyomin.