Chapter 2: G7 Forces

Love & Betrayal

“She can’t wait to get rid of me, I can tell from her eyes.” A sigh escaped from Hyomin’s lips as her head slid down from her partner’s shoulders to be rested onto her lap.

 

Jessica was elder sister to Hyomin determined by a mere ten minutes. In other words, they were twins. Twins with many similar physical traits yet exceedingly different personalities.

 

“With me around, she would not be able to.” Sunny the lethargic fighter’s hair affectionately, occasionally twirling around them. She loved the pink glow from her hair no matter how unnatural it may seem to others. Hyomin was blessed with pink hair and some say pink is the colour of love.  

 

“Why not? Because you are better at fighting than her?” The pink-haired warrior challenged.

 

“No, because both our skills added up will definitely surpass her.” Sunny chuckled to herself.

 

Hyomin scoffed, “And if I was alone?”

 

“Then you two will be more evenly matched.” Sunny gave her cheeky smirk, as she always does. “Anyway that would not happen. I will always be with you and we will always be together. You know she cannot hurt me.”

 

That was true. It was a very important rule of Black Mamba. Leadership roles can never be passed on to family members but at the same time, it is of utmost importance for reigning leaders to protect their previous leaders’ family members and Sunny was exactly the niece of Jessica’s predecessor, the most esteemed leader in Black Mamba’s history, Lee Soo Man.

 

Hyomin smiled, looking fondly into her girlfriend’s eyes. “That is one thing I am glad about.”

 

Sunny’s brow shot up quizzically. “What about?”

 

“That you will be unharmed no matter what. Even though I hate to admit it but Black Mamba’s influence and power is unrivalled in this region. You can also be sure that Black Mamba’s men will always be loyal no matter the circumstances.”

 

Sunny opened but Hyomin had interjected before she could utter a word. “Only rivalled by the G7 forces. Fret not though, they are a peacekeeping community and only attacks when met with aggression and if they have evidences.”

 

Sunny nodded her head understandingly. “Yes, only when they are met with aggression and presented with evidences…” Sunny trailed off.

 

“Something bothering you?” Hyomin probed.

 

“Nothing, just… I think you should use some rest, after all you’ve annihilated three sects this week. Three crazily strong sects. You’re battered and all, they were some of the strongest fighters left in the world.” The ones who has the most hatred, all banded together. Sunny her warrior’s face with the deft use of her forefingers. Subsequently, sliding her arm under the warrior’s body and lifted her up, almost effortlessly. Her actions were met with some violent protest from the female captain.

 

“Hey, put me down. I’m not that tired yet… We could…”

 

Sunny arched and wiggled her brows suggestively at the female captain. “Oh… why you… naughty, naughty.”

 

Sunny groaned for the umpteenth time as she rolled nimbly to avoid the crushing weight.

 

“Faster, faster!” Hyomin screamed at the blonde.

 

Sunny grimaced as her hips made a sickening pop sound. “Seriously… I hate to be controlled by you. Let’s exchange positions.”

 

Hyomin shrugged her shoulders, “Oh well.”

 

The young female captain and the blonde then switched their roles and they continued with mastering their techniques.

 

It was not until when Sunny tore an opening in the captain’s shoulder with her gladius before they took a break.

 

“You need to be swifter on the roll, Minnie. That is Jessica’s favorite combat move.”

 

Hyomin turned her sulking face away from her lover. "I am always never good enough."

 

Sunny let out a pitiable sigh and pressed a towel soaked in disinfectant to the girl's wound without warning. Hyomin hissed from the sudden, stinging pain and withdrew her arm but was tightly restrained by the other girl. "It hurts." The casualty growled from in between teeth.

 

"I would be surprised if it didn't. You don't sound like one of those people out there who has a bloodlust." Sunny shrugged her shoulders and continued with the standard first aid procedure.

 

“You cannot be sure I do not lust for blood, after all I have got the most blood on my hands.” Hyomin sighed as she spoke, flipping her palms, back and forth repeatedly as if she was checking for bloodstains.

 

“I am sure you are not like that, you wince too often when taking lives, unlike one of those crazy violent people.”

 

 

The two were once again, lying in each other's embrace albeit with Hyomin pillowed on Sunny's chest this time round and her injured shoulder slung across the other girl. Sunny smiled as she witnessed the girl wince while trying to move her arm.

 

"You seriously do have low tolerance towards pain," the blonde commented.

 

"It's good, motivates me from getting injured." Hyomin said cheekily and then she spoke again, less cheery this time round, “Sunny, why do people want to fight each other so much? Why do they seem so angry? I really do not understand what fuels their fighting.”

 

“It is because they lack of security and love. That is why.” Sunny could not give an answer simpler than that. They are filled with resentment and hatred.

 

**

 

The seven ladies hid away from the light. Their only abode and dark haven was much better than the ruined and destroyed land on the surface. Alas, this was what they have lived with throughout most of their life, it became normality. It was a miracle that humanity still managed to survive despite how hopeless and barren their world had become.

 

Black Mamba seemed to want to make their world even more unbearable than it currently was, though. In the depths of the large underground shelter that was home to a couple hundreds of people seeking refuge from the destroyed surface and the one who ruled it, a room filled with machines and screens which glowed a neon blue held the seven ladies in safe regard. One of the females in the group was sitting in front of the largest computer screen in the room, typing quickly yet meticulously on the keyboard. An endless stream of information scrolled continuously on the screen, resulting in the awe of the other six in the room who were watching their teammate working effortlessly on the intelligence they had found regarding their enemy.

 

“I might have found something we can use,” the woman behind the screen stopped typing and turn her head slightly to address her team. “It could help us to stop Black Mamba.”

 

“Then hit us with it, Seohyun.” A short and stern-looking young woman said as she crossed her arms and kept her eyes up at the screen. The others too nodded in agreement with their leader. They needed an opening. Anything that could help with putting the antagonistic gang down once and for all. Jessica was becoming more dangerous by the day. They needed to take her down fast.

 

With a nod of acknowledgement, the one named Seohyun continued on. “There’s a faint signal coming in from Black Mamba’s base. It’s an encrypted signal and I had to decipher it through a large amount of decoding. What I found was this...”

 

The gigantic screen then showed a short message to the group.

 

I can help you get to Jessica.

 

The message ended just like that, but its motive was clear as day.

 

“Someone is being extra careful to not let anyone from Jessica’s gang be alerted by it, except for the right people,” Seohyun began again.

 

“Is someone on the inside trying to reach out for us?” a tall, lanky woman with a short and ruffled-up mane gave her opinion.

 

“It might be that, but there is also the possibility of it being a trap, Sooyoung.”

 

“Wanna take the risk and go for it?” Sooyoung addressed the whole group. “How about it, Taeyeon? What do you think?”

 

A pause in the room, as they gathered their thoughts and considered their plan. The stern woman from before named Taeyeon rubbed her chin in ponderment. They would have to lay out their plans well if all this turns out to backfire on them. It was a huge risk, but it was all they got. “I say we go for it.”

 

Some heads turned in bewilderment when they heard their leader’s words, while the rest nodded in agreement.

 

“But Taeyeon…”

 

“Yes, Yoona?”

 

“We’re gonna have to be extra careful with this,” she placed a concerned hand on her leader’s shoulder. “Who knows what will happen...This is the closest we have ever gotten to Black Mamba. We can’t afford to mess this one up.”

 

The petite leader heaved a heavy sigh. This was going to be the biggest headache for her yet.

 

First things first, they needed a plan. Not just a normal one. A foolproof plan for something as big as this. To do it, she needed someone to infiltrate the base and identify this mole or if it was a fake. And she knew exactly the right person for the job.

 

“Yuri.”

 

An ebony-haired woman looked up after being addressed by her leader.

 

“I’ve got a job for you.”

 

**

Hello, guys, I am glad to receive kind comments and even gladder to see some of commenters whom I had been familiar with :)

This chapter has quite a bit of Sunbyung moments and also introduces the rest of the SNSD members :D Hope you guys will enjoy reading it!