Chapter 2

Xinderella; My Rendition of a XiuChen cinderella story

Jongdae’s P.O.V.

 

"Jongdae you must choose a bride by the end of the ball! I want grandchildren by next year!" My mother ordered me. The sound of her heels echoed off the walls as she walked out of my room. I was a prince. I had lived my whole life with both of my parents and no worries, until it came to marriage. Both of my parents had been all too eager for me to be married so they could have grandchildren, but I didn't want that. I would rather explore the world and learn new things instead of marrying someone and having kids. But of course I didn't do anything about it. I was to afraid to confront my parents and object. And now the palace ballroom was filled with people, men and women alike, waiting on me to come and choose someone to marry. I was too stressed out, I couldn't handle it. So I wrapped my dark cloak around my shoulders and hopped out if my bedroom window. I ran to the stables. I rigged up one of the horses and rode off into the forest.

 

It was around midnight when I lead the horse down to a stream to get a drink.

"There you go" I smiled softly as the horse lapped up the water. I looked around. The forest was always a beautiful place that I would escaped to to hide from my parents. The guards were so dumb, they never caught me.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something unusual in the distance.

'Oh my god' I thought to myself when I realized it was a person. I ran over to the limp body. The boy appeared to be about my age and he was wearing a black masquerade mask with black diamonds on it. When I removed the mask, it revealed a gorgeous man with plump cheeks and raven colored hair. I also noticed the massive bleeding gash on the side of his head. I checked for a pulse. He was alive.

"God I have to get you out of here" I scooped him up bridal style and carried him back to my horse. I climbed on and placed the boy facing me so his head was resting on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around the boys back to support him and rode off.

 

I arrived at the healer's hut on the far side of the woods. Before my sister was born, I discovered a kind girl living in the woods and befriended her. I slid down from the horse and carried the boy towards the hut.

"Amber!" I whispered loudly

"Jongdae?" A soft voice came from behind the door

"Help me please" I begged

A girl with short, dark hair stepped out of the hut and peered at the boy in my arms.

"Oh dear, bring him inside"

 

Once inside the hut, I set the boy down on a bed and Amber began to work on him. For some reason, I couldn't look away from his face. The boy was flawlessly beautiful. He looked like an angel.

"If you keep staring at him like that, you might burn holes into his body" Amber joked. She didn't even need to turn around.

"I'm not staring" I argued, knowing perfectly well that was a lie.

"Yes you are, I can sense it" Amber said.

Jongdae huffed and Amber laughed "I knew it! You totally like him!"

"No I don't!" I protested.

"You do and don't argue with me I know you very well"

I crossed my arms and pouted. Amber chuckled and got up to ruffle my hair "It means I can trust you to look after him"

I looked at the boy again, this time his head was wrapped in a bandage. I smiled, "You sure can"