Chapter 1

Xinderella; My Rendition of a XiuChen cinderella story

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

"Minseok!" I covered my left ear, which my stepmother had just screamed into. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

 

"Cleaning the floor like you asked" I replied.

 

"Bull. If you were cleaning the floor, I would be able to see my reflection in it! Now scrub the goddamn floor!" The door slammed shut after she stormed out.

 

I never asked for this. My life was perfect. When I was young my mother used to play with me in the garden, her complexion pale but beautiful, flowers in her hair. She would always make me flower crowns when the flowers were in full bloom. I remember she’d always tell me, "No matter what happens Minnie dear, no matter what anyone says or does, always be kind, always be caring, and always be full of love" I would always hug her tight. She was my only friend.

 

All that changed though. She later died from being ill. I remember sobbing at her bedside, my father placing his hand on my shoulder, saying softly, "It's alright son. She is in a better place now. Let's be strong for her okay?" I wiped the tears from my eyes and nodded firmly. My father smiled and pulled me into a tight hug.

 

3 years later, I had turned 13 and my father remarried a woman with 2 sons, Jungkook and Chanyeol. They would pick on me, but I thought nothing of it because it never got too bad, until my father went out on a hunting expedition and never came back. After the funeral, I was kicked out of my bedroom to the attic and my two step brothers and stepmother ordered me around and beat me sometimes as well. All I could recall was my mother's words,

"Always be kind, always be caring and always be full of love"

 

Five years later I turned 18. Nothing changed. I was still as worthless as a pile of horse poop.

 

One day, while I was cleaning, someone knocked the door. I went to answer the door and a royal servant was standing there "A message from his royal highness!" he proclaimed.

I took the letter and thanked the man. I examined it before delivering it to my stepmother. She snatched it from my hands. "Give that to me pig!"

She ripped open the letter, Jungkook and Chanyeol eagerly waiting on either side of her. I stood silently by the door. She read,

"By the order of your royal highness, all eligible adults will attend the ball for the prince, for he will choose a bride to marry."

"We have to get ready right away!" The step brothers squealed.

"Does this mean I can go too?" I asked softly.

" no! You are not going to go!" Jungkook snapped.

"But I am 18. That means i'm eligible to go" Minseok protested

"The prince would not even want to be with you anyway! You're not even pretty!" Chanyeol argued from the other side of the room.

"Please let me go stepmother! I've worked very hard!" I begged. My stepmother thought for a second.

"Alright Minseok, you can go. But only this once!"

"Oh thank you!" And with that I ran out of the room.

 

Narrator’s P.O.V.

 

Unbeknownst to him, his stepmother gathered her two sons and whispered to them, "Get rid of him"

 

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

I was so excited. I rushed to the chest in my room and pulled out a black diamond encrusted masquerade mask and stared at it lovingly. It was my mother's. I gently pulled it over my face.

"Nice mask. Pig"

BAM!

My head pounded and I gripped it tightly. It hurt like mad. I had been struck in the head by something. The next thing I knew, I was being dragged away, when everything went black.