Chapter 5

Xinderella; My Rendition of a XiuChen cinderella story

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

They beat me. As soon as I woke up I was punished for stealing away Jongdae. They whipped me and threw me in a cell, where they chained me to the wall. I was in so much pain. That process repeated every day for what felt like weeks. I was too weak to stand. Then one night I heard a voice. The one of a girl, very familiar. She whispered softly

“Minseok, I’m gonna get you out of here” I heard the door of my cell open and she came in. It was Amber. I had never been so happy to see her. She released me from my cuffs and I heard the loud crack of someone being punched in the jaw, followed by footsteps. Someone appeared in the doorway, almost equally as beaten as me. It was Jongdae.

“Minseok!” He whispered. I breathed out and extended my arms towards him. He ran forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

“I missed you so much” He choked in between sobs “They said that I would never see you again”

I his hair and buried my face in his neck. I missed him too, but my voice was gone from screaming in pain all those days so I couldn’t tell him. He picked me up bridal style. I reached up and touched his face. There were cuts on his beautiful face. They hurt him like they hurt me. Amber spoke up.

“We have to get out of here”

Jongdae pulled me close and I rested my head on his shoulder. I missed his touch so much. I slowly drifted off to sleep, listening to the sound of echoing foot steps.

 

Amber’s P.O.V.

 

Jongdae climbed out of the window and pulled Minseok with him. I was about to climb up when I heard a whimper. I turned around.

“Run to the forest and wait in the safe place. I will meet you there” Jongdae nodded and carried Minseok with him. I ran to each cell and looked in. I finally found one occupied cell. A toned girl with long black hair hung from the wall by her chains on her wrists. Her head hung low and I could still hear her breathing softly. I couldn’t leave her there so I opened the cell door. When I unlocked her hands with the stolen key she looked up in surprise. Her face had cuts on it, a prominent one streaking across her left eye. Her beautiful brown eyes were full of question. After staring at her in awe like an idiot, I composed myself.

“My name is Amber. I’m gonna get you out of here. Can you walk?”

“Abbie” she responded simply “and yes, but I wouldn't be very fast”

So I picked her up, bridal style. She was light. She wrapped her arms around my neck and blushed.

“You really don’t have to…”

I smiled and her face turned even more red.

“Hold on” I ran down the hallways and climbed out of the window. I caught up with Jongdae who looked at me weird. I glared at him and he gave me an apologizing look. He cuddled a sleeping Minseok to his chest and we escaped into the forest.