Chapter 4

Xinderella; My Rendition of a XiuChen cinderella story

Narrator's P.O.V.

 

Over the next couple of weeks, Minseok and Jongdae got to know each other. They had some sort of connection that neither of them had experienced with anyone before. They told each other their background stories, secrets that they kept from other people, and what they always wanted to do. Minseok found out that Jongdae was a prince, destined to get married and have kids solely to keep the bloodline going. He found out that Jongdae wanted to explore the world and learn new things, not be a father. Jongdae found out that Minseok wanted to do anything that was not cleaning and cooking. He found out that because of his mother, Minseok could never hate anyone, because hatred wouldn’t get him anywhere. Jongdae also found out that Minseok had a very strong connection with his mother before she died, and she was the one that taught him to always be kind, always be caring and always be full of love. With every passing day, they fell harder and harder for each other.

 

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

Mother and I were in the garden. She was smiling and laughing. She looked so happy…. Then I watched her as she fell down a dark hole, screaming, my father went after her. He jumped into the dark hole and disappeared. I was harshly grabbed by the arm and dragged away, the insults of my stepmother and step brothers whirling through my head. I panicked and screamed while gripping my head.

I woke up with a start, sweating. I began to cry and shake violently.

“Minseok I heard you scream, are you okay?” I looked up to see Jongdae, who came in, to see me crying and shaking. He sat down on the bed and pulled my into a tight hug. I gripped his shirt, sobbing. He pet my hair softly

“Shh shh it’s okay I’m here”

I just sobbed. I cried for what seemed like hours, before I calmed down.

“You feel better?” Jongdae cupped my cheeks and lifted my head so he could see me. The boy had stayed with me the entire time, comforting me, trying to make me feel better.

“Yes, I feel better,” I sniffled. Satisfied with my answer, he got up.

“Go back to sleep ok?” he began to walk away but I grabbed his wrist “Stay with me please”

He looked at me, then nodded. I scooted over and he got into the bed with me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He placed a kiss on my forehead and I blushed madly. I nuzzled my head into his neck. He chuckled.

“Goodnight Minseok”

“Goodnight Jongdae”


 

Jongdae’s P.O.V.

 

I pulled Minseok along with me as we ran through the forest.

“Where are we going?” He asked in a mess of confusion and giggles.

“I’m not telling you~ but I think you will like it,” I responded. It made him pout cutely. I could only chuckle at his cuteness.

After a little while longer of running we reached my favorite part of the forest. It looked out on a massive waterfall surrounded by vibrant flowers. There were butterflies and hummingbirds everywhere. A rainbow sprouted from the mist, created by the waterfall. It was beautiful.

“Jongdae…” Minseok’s eyes sparkled at the sight. I couldn’t help but stare. He was so beautiful.

“Come on” I said. I pulled him towards a sparkling pond below the waterfall “Do you know how to swim?”

“Yes” he responded.

“Amazing! Let’s swim then” I jumped in, clothes and everything.

“Jongdae! Your clothes!” He giggled

“Get in the water is amazing!” I yelled over the roaring waters of the waterfall. Minseok removed his shirt, revealing a nicely toned body. I had never expected such muscles on a gentle boy like Minseok. He cannon balled in the pond and re-surfaced close to me, a gummy smile spread across his face. We splashed around for hours before we started to walk back. On the way, I turned around and surprised Minseok by pulling him into a hug. Our foreheads rested together. We were about the same height so it made it easy to gaze into each other's eyes. As my arms found their way around his waist, he rested his hands on my chest. I leaned in closer, so our noses touched. The moment was perfect. The sun had set, and we were in the willow tree passage, the part of the forest that consisted of willow trees. Fireflies danced around us. Minseok’s eyes closed. I could smell his sweet breath. I was so close…

Just then, royal troops rode in on us. I wrapped my arms protectively around Minseok and guarded his small body.

“Jongdae!” The loud booming voice of my father echoed through the forest “You are in great trouble young man! You will come back to the castle at once!”

“You can not make me!” I yelled back. I felt Minseok burry his head in my chest, shrinking in fear. I his hair to calm him.

“WHO IS THIS!?” My father boomed “IS THAT THE REASON YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HOME!? IS THAT THE REASON YOU ARE NOT AROUND TO CLAIM TITLE AS KING!?” He pointed to Minseok and the royal guards strode forward and ripped us apart

“LET HIM GO!” I yelled. Minseok had fear in his eyes. He fought the best he could, only to be punched out by one of the guards.

“NO!” I screamed a blood curdling cry. Tears wet my face. They hurt him, my angel. I fought back, and hard. Punching guards in the face, only to be held back by more guards. As soon as I knew it, I took a blow to the head and everything went black.