Chapter 3

Xinderella; My Rendition of a XiuChen cinderella story

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

I groaned. My head hurt. A LOT. I reached up to grab it and winced in pain. My head was bandaged. I opened my eyes to see an angel. Wait, no. Not an angel, but he sure looked like one. He had a sharp jawline, raven colored hair, and a smile like a cat. "You're awake" he said with a soft smile "How are you feeling?"

"M-my head hurts" I replied. I was a bit scared by the unfamiliar surroundings.

"You got hit pretty bad. I found you lying in the forest"

Then I remembered. My step brothers had bashed me in the side of the head and before I out, they began to drag me away.

"What is your name?" The boy kindly asked.

"Minseok"

"Hello Minseok. My name is Jongdae" Jongdae extended his hand. Sitting up, I shook his hand.

"Thank you for saving me," I muttered softly.

"It was my pleasure" Jongdae let out a soft chuckle. It made me smile. His laugh was angelic. After a long moment of silence, Jongdae reached out and gently touched my cheek. I flinched at first but something about Jongdae was reassuring. I leaned into his touch and closed my eyes. I remembered my mother. How she would comfort me when I was sad or hurt. She was always there... Tears began to fall from my eyes. Jongdae surprised me by scooting forward and wrapping his arms around me, trying to comfort me, even though he didn’t know why I was crying. I rested my head on his shoulder. That is when I began to full on sob. I had never cried so hard in my life. I had always held it in because if I didn’t, my stepmother and step brothers would beat me. I gripped Jongdae's shirt in my hands. Jongdae my hair
"It's alright don't be afraid. Everything will be okay" he sent me a reassuring smile. Under the tears, I blushed.

 

Jongdae’s P.O.V.

 

Minseok had fallen asleep in my arms. The boy was much more striking when he was awake then when he was asleep. When he smiled, It felt as if my insides were melting like butter. And when he cried, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. The poor boy had had a long day. I laid Minseok down and covered him with a blanket. Not knowing what else to do, I sat in a chair next to him, and waited for the beauty to wake again.


 

Minseok’s P.O.V.

 

I woke up, again, and sat up in the bed. My head stopped hurting, but the gash wouldn’t be healed for a while. I looked over to my left to find Jongdae, slumped in a chair, snoring. I let out a giggle. The boy appeared to be waiting for me to wake, falling asleep in the process. I silently got off the bed and made my way over to Jongdae. I poked one of his cheeks repeatedly. Jongdae opened his eyes, and out of shock, he fell out of his chair.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" I squeaked as I rushed to Jongdae and pulled him up right. He rubbed the back of his head

"That's alright"

I gave him a gummy smile and he blushed.

"I see that you two are finally up. With Jongdae snoring like that I thought you would have been up sooner” Jongdae’s face turned red and he lowered his head in embarrassment. All I could do was look at him and giggle.

“My name is Amber. Jongdae brought you all the way out here to get you fixed up”

“Where is here?” I asked.

“You are on the eastside of Shimmer Glade” I looked at Jongdae in shock.

“That's 30 miles from where I live! That's such a long way! I surely am not that important for you to take me all this way!” Jongdae looked up and protested immediately.

“No way, everyone is important, especially you! I couldn’t just leave you there!” I blushed. No one had ever thought of me as more than human in many, many years. I reached out and placed my hand on Jongdae’s.

“Thank you”

“Anyway” Amber intervened. “Your mask is on the nightstand. If you need me, I'm in the room next door” With that, Amber exited the room.

“You should probably get some more rest. The sooner that injury heals the better,” Jongdae said, getting up from the ground. I stood up as well, my face close to Jongdae’s. We looked at each other and I suddenly found great interest in my feet

“Thank you again. For saving me,” I said softly.

“Anytime” Jongdae responded equally as soft. I looked up and our eyes met.

“I’d better… check on my horse. Sleep well Minseok.” Before he could leave, I quickly pecked him on the cheek.

“Goodnight Jongdae, sleep well” I smiled before I turned and left to go to bed.


 

Jongdae’s P.O.V.

 

I was dumbfounded. I reached up and touched my cheek where Minseok kissed it. I hurried out the door, suddenly forgetting what I walked out for.