Chapter 13

Jet Black Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Encounter

“What the…?” Jaemin nearly dropped the tray she was holding when she saw the scene in front of her. Unknown length of knitted of what seems to be like a scarf, flooded the whole library. Muffled whining was heard underneath the pile of cloth which the lady assumes to be Jade. She placed the tray beside the door and started to crawl under to find Jade.

She found her after so many tries to break free from the stray cloth and sometimes strings

Where did she get all these from?

“Jade? What are you doing?” At the sound of her name, the said girl immediately turns her head to the intruder with pouty lips.

“I can’t control my Exias so I make these instead because they can’t stop” Jaemin ponder a minute on what is Exia and it clicked on her mind that they call their special abilities Exia.

The lady scratches her head, clueless. She brought out her phone and searched. “It’s my first time taking care of a young adult with powers so I’m clueless as a child.” She murmured then awkward laugh “Sorry”

Jade sniffed, muttering a small “it’s okay”. Jaemin perked up when she saw an article “Woah, I didn’t think it will work” she cleared and read out loud “Relax and meditate” Jade tilted her head while raising her eyebrow. Jaemin sighed and arrange the younger’s position.

Hyunho was eating apple and just wanted to pass by the library but he didn’t expect to see the probably longest scarf ever. He blinked when he heard the ladies’ giggle and laugh underneath the pile of cloth. He didn’t resist the smile forming on his face as he stared at the open door.

His phone rang loudly that disturbed his train of thoughts but thankfully it didn’t interrupt the bonding time of the two. He picked up his phone which is in third ring already.

“Hell—“

“YAH, SEO HYUNHO, HOW DARE YOU TO NOT PICK UP---“

“Well, hello to you too Satan.” He closed the door quietly (not before he kicked the excess cloth in front of the door)

“Har Har Very funny. It’s Hyung, you ungrateful brat.”

“So what is it, Ahjussi”

“Oh God, how much I want to swear right now. Welp, it seems like the vacation you requested will not be granted hmm?”

“Hyung you’re so handsome and this dongsaeng is so bad and ungrateful to the mighty Park Yoochun, my dearest, nicest Hyung I ever have”

“Good, good. Because now, I’ll grant your request but the problem is, there will be no replacement in your position. Where are you gonna find their partial guardian?”

“Really? You’re going to allow me to go on a vacation? Great! All I need is a replacement am I right? Oh that’s easy! Thank you, Hyung, so much!”

Then he hangs up with a bright smile but slowly faltered when he realize something. He swears unspeakable curse words asking, “Where will I find a trustworthy one?”

Trees….Trees… Lamp post… Trees… Trees… Lamp post

Jade boringly stared at the window beside her, thinking nothing in particular. The ‘training’ she had last night was fun but not productive. She pouted and trace Korean alphabet she learned for the last couple of days.

“We’re here!~” Jaemin exclaim then park her car near the gates. Jade smiled, whispered thank you and went out. As soon as the car sped off, Jade started to walk when she heard the familiar bell of a bicycle.

Amber waved excitedly that Jade grew worried when she saw she was only holding the bike with one hand. Amber press the brake and beamed at the girl then start babbling a lot about her sister and her dinner last night.

Upon arriving at the main building, Jade ears began to ring when thousands of screams erupted at the same time. Amber stopped mid talking when she notices Jade flinch.

“What the..?” she said a little loudly and rubs her ears. She crinkled her nose when she smells the mixture of sweat, perfume (strong ones) and desserts nearing. The mixed smell and the loud noise greatly affect her that she started to grow dizzy.

Amber confusingly stared at the girl then took her away when she saw the mob forming from the back gates. She’s no genius but she’s been suspecting that Jade has a great sense of smell and probably a keen hearing. Amber thought that if Jade does have sharp eyesight, she’ll gonna assume that Jade is a superhero just like from the comics she read.

 

“Jade, seriously, you heard them and you thought they were screaming in your ear in unison? They are in the freaking back gates, for Pete’s sake!” Amber accidentally dropped her book when Jade confirmed that she heard them perfectly.

“I even smelled their strong perfume and overly sweet pastries. Perhaps they are waiting there for a long time based on their sweat.” She again, crinkled her nose and crouch down to fetch the fallen book, before standing up and giving it back to her “Who are they anyway?”

Amber snapped shut her jaw and pouted, somewhat annoyed “Let’s not talk about, a’right? They are such boring creatures and I don’t know how and why they got fans.” Amber squished the small child in front of her and patted her head, still pouting “Don’t ever fall in love with the guys that probably being worshipped by the 75 % girls of the school. I think our class has the greatest amount of girls not attracted to them or were dating already.”

Jade beamed and pat Amber’s back “Arrasso, I’m not that nosy, okay.” The hand patting her head stopped moving that she break free from the hug and tilted her head, staring curiously at her friend. Before anyone can talk, a hand suddenly appeared and whacked Amber’s head.

“Yah. What are you doing with our Jade?” Krystal, together with the other close friends of Amber, spats. Amber stuck out her tongue and pulled Jade closer that she can not breathe. She manages to slightly pull away and saw Luna bring out her puppy eyes. Despite just meeting yesterday, Jade wanted to be close with Luna so when she saw her eyes, she gaped at her and unconsciously break free from the tight almost head lock.

Missing Amber’s loud astonishment, she moved to Luna and bear hug her, placing her head to the crook of Luna’s neck. Muffled “You’re so cute, I wanna squish you, Oh my gawd” was heard from her as she squeeze the daylights out of her.

Victoria decided to act as she saw how red Luna is. “Now, now. Jade-ah. Stop choking Luna, look she’s turning purple. And remember, our first subject is P.E so we need to get going” Jade lets go and pouted, then nodded, putting away her things.

“I thought I was going to die. Jade has a death grip, sweet baby cheesecakes.” Luna rubbed her neck and laugh “I shouldn’t have make those eyes” Jade grinned apologetically.

Amber sling her arm ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter