Chapter 1

Jet Black Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:The Start

She smirked at her opponent, smelling the victory. The water snake tried to move but no avail. He was attacked by her Wind blades and have ugly scars. She changed her outfit and weapon within a second. A gothic type of outfit and a deadly scythe.

Her victory clothes and weapon.

She slowly approach the poor water snake trying to struggle free and fight back but no, that's not going to happen.

She struck him using a bow and poisonous arrow which made him paralyzed. She lift her scythe and grinned evilly, revealing her pointy fangs. When she was about to do it, the water snake started to release a purple smoke that temporarily blinded the girl.

It turns out, the man is immune of poisons or toxics. He then changed back to his original form. A pale man with fangs. A vampire with a poisonous sword in one hand and a majestic dagger on the other hand.

The girl cringed when she remembered that her opponent's Exia is Water and Poison. The man attacked her with his sword when she's in her own world. The girl barely dodge his attack and create a wind whip.They glare at each other and ready to attack but a timer stopped them.

The crowd cheer and howl for the twin's tie game. They smiled at each other and bow together.

 

Jade release a sigh as she looked at the game outside the window. She stares at them with envy but shook it off, thiking it was not worth it. She bitterly smiled and drink her tea. She continues to read her favorite romance novel in her own little room.

Suddenly, someone knocked on her door--which is rare case. No one bothers knocked on her door. If they want something, they will barge in without permission.

She stood up and cautiously went to the door. When she opened it, she was greeted by cookies aroma.

It was Mrs. Dane. The only person that want to be her friend. Mrs. Dane, the weird friendly middle aged woman, smiled warmly at her which she returned.

"Dear, have some cookies." She said with her honey-like voice

"Oh, Mrs. Dane, why bother to come here? I can come to your house! Look, My room is a mess" She smiled apologetically and lead the older to her 'messy' room.

"Your room is so simple, Sweet heart" She praised her. Jade blushed and offered some tea. They chat like a mother and daughter who haven't met for years. In the midst of their conversation, Mrs. Dane face became serious.

"Why don't you go outside? Are you afraid?" She asked in concerned tone. Jade halted and suddenly got interested on the window beside her, fiddling with her cup. 

"I'm not afraid to go outside. It's just that... I'm tired of their s." The younger fliched, terrified of the consequence of her swearing but she hears none, she continued, this time with conviction. 

"They always bully me. I mean, did I do something wrong? I didn't, did I?" Mrs. Dane saw the problematic expression even though she's wearing a smile. She sigh and hold Jade's hands. She looked up and saw the older's genuine smile

"Jade...Borrow a book of Exias then meet me at the garden." She said seriously. Jade widened her eyes, gulped and nodded. She's confuse, yes, but didn't dare to ask.

Mrs. Dane smiled and went outside, waving her hand. She left the room with a click of the door. Jade scracthed her head and shrugged picked her forgotten book. Yet, she can't concentrate in reading.

She gave up and place her book on top of table. She grabbed her coat and cautiously walk outside.

She needs to go to the library. While walking, students throw some disgusted glares to her that made her feel so small. She can hear their whispers

'Oh.. Look, The freak is here'  'Wow, she got some guts to go outside'  'She's so ugly'  'Man, she looks really weak'

Jade half run half walk. She can't take it anymore. There's something in her stomach. Like, something's gonna happen.

And it happen.

The Twins are here together with their fans. They are the most powerful students in Exopia.

Victorique is the descendant of Dracula while her brother, Vince, is the descendant of Medusa. They blocked Jade's way and tried catching her gaze but she didn't looked directly to their eyes. She was about to ignore them but two daggers landed on the wall beside her. She stopped on her tracks with eyes widened in sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter