Seventh

A Misunderstood Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Woohyun's emotional breakdown, he went out of his room to grab a bite. He didn't join the others earlier because he didn't have an appetite. He walked through the quiet living room until he heard voices coming from the kitchen. He silently tiptoed towards the kitchen to eavesdrop. He realized that the two people talking were Sungjong and Myungsoo. They chatted idlely while having a cup of tea since it's already late at night. Woohyun wondered how he can make his presence known when there was an interesting shift of conversation between the two.

 

"That's a nice bracelet, hyung. Where did you buy it?" Sungjong asked as he pointed at the bracelet.

"Ahhh this." Myungsoo replied as he looked at the bracelet, "It was a gift."

"Gift? From whom?" Sungjong looked interested, "Fans?"

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head. He remembered a very playful Krystal grinning at him while she slipped the bracelet into his hand earlier. "Nah, just from a very cute kid."

Sungjong eyed him suspiciously, "Cute kid? Who?"

Myungsoo smiled and ruffled his dongsaeng's head, "I'm going to bed. You should too. You have an early schedule tomorrow."

 "Arasseo hyung..." Sungjong replied slowly. He didn't like that their conversation suddenly ended.

Myungsoo noticed his odd behavior, "Is something wrong, Sungjong ah?"

Sungjong opened his mouth to say something then shook his head, "Nothing hyung." Myungsoo tilted his head, "What is it?"

"Are you okay, hyung?" Sungjong asked cautiously. "Yes, I'm okay. Wae?" Myungsoo responded.

"Are you sure?" Sungjong insisted, "How about this one?" he continued as he tapped his heart.

Myungsoo paused at his question. He realized his dongsaeng was worried about him. "It'll survive." he repiled and smiled softly.

Sungjong looked at him worriedly, "You know that Woohyun hyung..."  

Myungsoo cut him off and chuckled, "Time to sleep Sungjong ah." 

Unbeknownst to the two, Woohyun heard the earlier part of the conversation and left after he heard 'cute kid'. His hunger forgotten as he deal again with the pain he felt.

 

Woohyun spent a lot of time with the pain he felt that he was not only frustrated but angry too. He was angry with the circumstance he was in. He was angry with the time he chose to confess. He was mad that Krystal gave Myungsoo a gift. He was angry that he saw Myungsoo hugging Krystal. He was mad that Sungjong talked about the bracelet. "Cute kid?" Woohyun scoffed, "Why don't you just tell Sungjong that you're dating fx Krystal! Well, not just Sungjong but all the members!"

"I knew that Dongwoo and Hoya were mistaken. Why did I listen to them?" Woohyun muttered angrily as he ruffled his hair. He stayed inside of his room. Only his schedule was moved to another day that's why he's alone in the dorm.

or so he thought.

 

Knock. Knock.

"Woohyun hyung."

Woohyun's eyes widened. "What is he doing here?" he thought.

"Hyung, Sunggyu hyung told me to make you eat your breakfast before he left." Myungsoo said softly, "He also told me that you didn't eat dinner last night... Are you okay hyung?"

Woohyun closed his eyes as he listened to his beloved. He doesn't know how to respond to him. He doesn't want to.

 

Behind the door, Myungsoo pressed his ear to the door. He knocked softly, "Hyung?" he called out.

No response.

Myungsoo sighed, "Maybe he doesn't want to talk to me." He knocked softly again and said, "Hyung, I cooked miso soup for you.. just in case you're sick. I've also prepared the table." he continued. He waited for a response but there's still none. He sighed sadly, "Take a rest hyung and come out when you're hungry."

He wanted to go inside the room and check his beloved hyung but he hesitated. He's afraid that it might anger Woohyun. Sunggyu told him that Woohyun was in a foul mood since last night. He looked at the door longingly and slowly walked away.

Myungsoo stayed in the living room while he waited for Woohyun to come out. He was worried. "I want to drag him out of the room and make him eat breakfast but I don't want him to get annoyed at me." Myungsoo thought. He exhaled in frustration. He grabbed his phone from the table and sent a message to one of his most trusted friends.

 

To: Donghae sunbaenim

Message:

Hyung, I'm worried. I think he's sick but he doesn't want to come out of his room and eat. I think he's mad at me. What should I do?

 

Myungsoo tapped his fingers as he waited for a reply. He was anxious. He glanced at his hyung's door from time to time. Few minutes later, his phone vibrated.

 

From: Donghae sunbaenim

Message:

Drag him out of his room and force him to eat. Annoy him with your aegyo.

 

"Ah hyung~" Myungsoo whined lowly as he read the reply. "I don't want to annoy him." he muttered, "And I doubt my aegyo will be effective."

Myungsoo gotten close with Donghae through Ryeowook. He introduced the two to one another when they went to Donghae's cafe. They were both shy at first but they bonded over their common love for photography and the rest was history.

Myungsoo's phone rang.

 

Donghae sunbaenim calling...

 

CALL

 

Myungsoo: Hello?

Donghae: Myungsoo ah!

Myungsoo: Hyung!

Donghae: Did you drag him out already? (teasing)

Myungsoo: Ah hyung, how could I do that? I told you I don't want to annoy him (complaining tone)

Donghae: No, listen to hyung. You should- Ya! What are you doing?!

 

Myungsoo realized that Donghae was talking to someone else in the other line. From what he heard, it looked like they were arguing.

 

...: Hello? Myungsoo ah?

 

Myungsoo was surprised to hear another yet familiar voice.

 

Myungsoo: uh.. Eunhyuk hyung?

Eunhyuk: Yes yes. it's hyung! How are you Myungsoo ah?

Myungsoo: Ah hello hyung! I'm fine, how about you?

Eunhyuk: hmm I'm good. Myungsoo ah, don't listen to your Donghae hyung. I saw his reply. Tsk. Very childish.

Donghae: Yah! What do you mean childish!

 

Myungsoo laughed as he listened to the two bicker. He concluded that he must be on speaker.

 

Donghae: It may be childish but it's very effective!

Eunhyuk: Effective? (scoffs) Yeah right.

Donghae: It always work on you!

Eunhyuk: Oh shut up pabo!

Donghae: Pabo?! I'm not a pabo!

Eunhyuk: Ya shhh! Myungsoo is still on the other line.

Donghae: Myungsoo ah! Listen to me, okay?

Eunhyuk: Don't! You should listen to me.

Myungsoo: ah hyungs, I don't know what to do anymore. (laughs)

 

Eunhyuk: I know it's difficult but I really think that you should give him some space. (serious)

Myungsoo: Is that so?

Eunhyuk: Yes. Just wait for him to come out. Maybe he needs to be alone right now.

Myungsoo: Arasseo hyung. (sad)

Donghae: Don't be sad Myungsoo ah. You know what? I saw Krystal yesterday and she told me something interesting!

 

Myungsoo got distracted from the conversation when he heard the sound of the door. He perked up when he saw Woohyun outside of the room. They stared at each other for a moment until he heard Donghae's voice on the line. He looked away from Woohyun and continued the call.

 

Myungsoo: Ohhh.. Krystal? 

Donghae: Yes Krystal. She told me she saw something interesting yesterday. It's about you. (tease)

Myungsoo: Oh? What is it?

 

Myungsoo took a glance at Woohyun. He saw Woohyun looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Is he mad?" he thought, "Maybe I'm too noisy for him." He stood up and smiled a little at Woohyun before he walked towards his room. He failed to see Woohyun's clenched fists as he passed him. "Eunhyuk hyung said that maybe he needs some space. I should give him that." he assured himself as he entered his room. He continued the call inside.

 

After a while, his door was slammed open. Myungsoo was shocked to see a fuming Woohyun in front of him. Woohyun threw a tiny box at him which he found difficult to catch with one hand. "Hyung.." Myungsoo started.

"Myungsoo ah."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter