1/1

(Special Oneshot) Beside You

Jihoon stole a glance to the general leader. Not that the other had noticed, Jihoon curved a smile as he watched the dumb attic the general leader was doing. Well, he knew this is for the fans but seriously that leader was being too dumb and funny. The small producer just can’t keep the smile to himself and subtly showed it on the surface.

The broadcast went smoothly and somehow unconsciously he kept finding his own way to stand near to the elder. Not that it was a big issue but being close surely made him turning into a high school girl in love. The smiles, stolen glances, blushes, seriously he couldn’t stop looking at him. Even so, luckily he managed to keep his blush off the surface or that will be a big issue.

Jihoon startled when a familiar arm placed around his shoulder. He turned and immediately blushed to the closeness. The other smiled seeing the pink cheeks. “You’re too deep into me.” Jihoon grunted, faking his anger as he felt his cheeks were rising in heat. Damn you, Choi.

“You’re so full of yourself, Choi Seungcheol.” Jihoon said in between his gritted teeth. They’re leaving the broadcast studio, preparing to leave. Few staffs greeted them and the group of thirteenth boys greeted, thanked them for the hard work. As they’re passing the staffs to the less crowded people, the general leader turned to the small producer with a meaningful teasing smile. Jihoon stared back but not for long when he felt his cheeks were burning. “What?” Luckily the smaller didn’t stutter.

Seungcheol chuckled. “You’re so cute.”

“What?” Jihoon snapped. Seungcheol laughed. Jihoon narrowed his eyes and turned away. Out of all people, why this guy loved to call him something he didn’t like. Jihoon scoffed.

“You can’t deny you’re taking so many glances at me and even stayed close to me during the broadcast. Aren’t those proves that you’re so deep into me?” Jihoon stiffened. His cheeks instantly burnt red. Seungcheol noticed and chuckled. “Oh my god, why you’re so cute?” Jihoon snapped turning to the elder.

“I’m not cute.” Seungcheol smiled.

“Smol?”

“Choi Seungcheol!” Jihoon’s voice rose a bit and that attracted the members’ attention. But when they saw their laughing leader, they just shrugged and let it be. It’s a knowing fact if their evil small producer raised his voice with the presence of their general leader, it must be the eldest teased the smaller again. That problem (or actually anything regarding Lee Jihoon), only Seungcheol could fix it.

“Yes, Choi Jihoon.” A gasp heard in the background while Jihoon stunned on his feet. His eyes grew slightly bigger than normal, staring into the crystal clear black orbs owned by Seungcheol. The elder was smiling brightly as if it’s nothing. The giggles and cat calls came after the gasps in the background and that brought Jihoon back to the Earth.

“What did you just call me?” Jihoon asked in disbelief. Seungcheol beamed.

“Do I need to say it few times? Aww, you love the sound of it, don’t you?” Jihoon blinked.

“No- I think I heard something wrong so I-”

“No, I do call you Choi Jihoon.” Jihoon stunned for the second time. As cheesy as it might sound, Jihoon heard bells ringing when Seungcheol called him with that surname.

‘Awww, look at our leader. He’s being sweet.’ The maknae’s voice heard.

‘Cheol is proposing Jihoon. How sweet.’ Their angel’s voice chimed in.

‘Cheol hyung finally asked Jihoon hyung to marry him. Yasss, Jicheol is going to get married for real, oh yeah.’ The giant member who obviously the hard core shipper of the couple was excited in the background and excitedly slapped his blank-faced boyfriend’s arm.

Jihoon who heard the last comment from the giant member none other than stupid Jicheol-trash Kim Mingyu blushed harder. He eventually looked down when his eyes met with Seungcheol’s loving orbs. “Choi Jihoon.”

Jihoon took a deep breath. His heartbeat was irregular when Seungcheol called him that for the third time. “Stop. Don’t call me like that.” Seungcheol raised his brow.

“Why?” Jihoon fidgeted with his fingers, still looking down.

“I- I, um.”

Seungcheol pulled the smaller’s hands into his. Jihoon stiffened. “Jihoon.” Jihoon stayed silent. Seungcheol took a breath and his finger trailed along the silver chain around Jihoon’s wrist. “Remember when I put this bracelet on your wrist?” Jihoon nodded.

“I remember.”

“Remember what I promise you?” Jihoon looked up to Seungcheol. Seungcheol smiled and that moment, both of them felt like they’re only one existed in the world, no one was around them. Jihoon waited for Seungcheol to say the next word. “I promise to stay beside you.” Jihoon nodded. Seungcheol brought up one of his hands and cupped Jihoon’s cheek. Jihoon leaned to the touch. “And for me to stay beside you, I- I want to be yours and you to be mine.”

“Seungcheol.”

“Would you be my Choi Jihoon officially? With these kids as our witnesses?” Seungcheol asked, full of sincerity. A protest of ‘We’re not kids!’ in the background was tune down by the pair whom lost in each other’s eyes. Jihoon blushingly nodded as an answer to Seungcheol’s proposal. The leader broke into a stupid happy smile. “You’re serious, right Lee Jihoon?”

Jihoon chuckled with the subtle blushes on his cheeks. “Yes, Choi Seungcheol. I’m seriously saying yes.” Seungcheol beamed and leaned in for a kiss. The smaller startled but melted into it when the elder hugged him by waist with love. The members cheered, did cat calls and some even congratulated the two. Seungcheol pulled back a bit. Their eyes met. The elder whispered on the lips, making the smaller smiled softly in happiness.

‘I love you, Choi Jihoon.  I promise to stay beside you forever.’ Jihoon gave a peck shyly and whispered his answer, ignoring the teasing in the background. Well, he’s not the type to initiate a skin ship but this moment called for it and he dropped his guard down. Seungcheol broke into a stupid grin to Jihoon’s cute gesture and the reply.

‘I love you too, Choi Seungcheol. Always and forever beside you.’


A/N: Hey Dolls. Huhu, how is it? I really really really love this and squeal hard. Haha, I hope you enjoy this and forgive me for the heavy angst. Anyway, see you again in another story. COMMENTS ARE LOVED!