v. jealous

The Switch

Chapter Five.

L  u  h  a  n

I double checked my reflection on the mirror once again, I really am back. We're all back.

Well that was easy.

I smiled to myself once more. It feels good to be back in your own body, I can finally be myself again. Being Chanyeol was hard. To be honest, I can be obnoxious at times too but I am not at Park Chanyeol's level.

Among all of us, it is me, Kai and Tao who are having a difficult time since we had to pretend to be Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen. Being the beagle line is hard especially when you're a part of the 'more quiet' ones. Not too mention that our roles in a group are all different.

I am a vocalist, Chanyeol is a rapper. Kai is a dancer, Baekhyun is a vocalist. Tao is a rapper, Chen is a vocalist... How are we supposed to be convincing then?

I looked at the mirror once more and grinned. It feels really good. Call me conceited but I'd like to stare at my reflection all day just to make sure that I don't get switched with anyone.

I was really amused since the others also had different reactions.

Kris was caressing his face as if he'd miss touching it... Nothing new here.

Sehun and Tao quickly took a selca to commemorate this moment.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen were currently doing a victory lap around the dorm... Seriously.

Xiumin just looked amazed and kept saying 'Wow' the whole time.

Jongin was just talking and laughing to himself. I feel second hand embarrassment.

Kyungsoo and Suho are the only ones with normal reactions by just sighing in relief.

And let's not forget Yixing who's making faces at the mirror right now to make sure this isn't a joke.

I just realized how weird the majority of us are... Why am I just realizing this?

I shook my head and just went back to take a seat on the couch. "This means we can finally perform like we usually do. That'll leave the haters speechless" I said.

"I wonder if the wishing well got fixed?" Chanyeol shrugged. "Or maybe we're just lucky"

"Hunnie, we're back!" Baekhyun gave Sehun a light tackle while Sehun just laughed and ruffled Baekhyun's hair.

I just observed them as they began talking. Baekhyun kept doing weird poses, probably being his random self again, and Sehun would always laugh.

"How cute" I said but it sounded like I added sarcasm into it.

"Jealous?" I turned and I saw Chanyeol.

My brows furrowed in confusion. Jealous? Why would I be jealous?

"What are you talking about Chanyeol?" I asked.

Chanyeol crossed his arms as he leaned back into the couch. "I don't know hyung" he whined. "Since when did they get so attached to each other?"

Tell me about it.

"You know how clingy Baek is, right? Same with Sehun, it's only normal for them. Perhaps, you might be the one that's jealous?" I asked back.

"Baekhyun is..." Chanyeol hesitated. "Baekhyun is drifting away"

Yeah... So is Sehun.

"You're as close as ever Chanyeol, I've never seen you this dramatic before"

"Hyung" Chanyeol slightly pouts. "Back then Baekhyun and I are so close to the point that we are answering questions for each other at our interviews" he hesitantly says. "But now it's different, sometimes I feel like Baekhyun doesn't want me to be too close to him. He's beginning to treat me coldly yet he's getting even closer with everyone else. How is that fair?"

I raised one eyebrow. Wow, he really is affected. He is DEFINITELY jealous... But just because of that?

"Chanyeol you sound like a teenager that just got dumped" I deadpanned.

Although I understand where you're coming from.

"Maybe I do then" he sighed. I was a bit surprised, I never thought that Chanyeol would admit that to himself.

"So... You like Baekhyun?" I asked.

Without hesitation, Chanyeol nods.

My eyes widened as I swallowed the lump in my throat. He just opened up, right? Did he?

"What kind of like?" I asked just to be sure.

"I just really like him hyung" Whoa... He's so honest.

I wish I was this honest.

"How do you feel then?" I asked once again.

Chanyeol looks at Sehun and Baekhyun again. Jealousy is definitely reflected in his eyes.

"I feel sad" he answers. "It's like I lost a puppy"

I nodded... Wait, what? A puppy?!

"Do you know the feeling where you got a pet, then you raised it to be your own?" Chanyeol begins. "Now it feels like my pet puppy has found a better owner and I'm stuck in the dilemma if I should just keep him or give him away since he'd be happier that way"

My mouth hung open as I looked at Chanyeol in disbelief. This guy is unbelievable.

"Basically, you just admitted that you treat Baekhyun like a puppy" I pointed out.

Chanyeol nods and I resisted the urge to hit him. "My puppy isn't up for adoption, why is Sehun taking him away then?"

I covered my face in disbelief. I misunderstood him. I thought he's going to say that he LIKES Baekhyun in THAT kind of way... I didn't know that he just PUPPYZONED Baekhyun. Seriously, what the hell?

And here I thought that we're on the same boat...what am I even thinking?

"Chanyeol" Baekhyun called. "Suho hyung says it's time to get some rest. I'll be heading into the room"

"O-oh... I'll go there too" Chanyeol quickly stood up.

"You should sleep too Luhan hyung, good night" Baekhyun waved.

"Wait for me Baekhyun" Chanyeol said.

I shook my head. Chanyeol just said that Baekhyun is his puppy but in reality, I think he's the dog following Baekhyun.

Everyone went to their own rooms now. I went to the kitchen to have glass of water before going to sleep.

I don't mind staying up late since I have no schedules for tomorrow.

I suddenly heard footsteps. "Hyung, you're still up?" I saw Sehun walking towards the fridge.

"I just got something to drink" I answered. "What about you, what are you doing here?"

Sehun opened the fridge and got something. "I'm hungry" he grumbled as I saw him taking a cup of yoghurt.

"Suho doesn't like it when you take midnight snacks, right?" I asked.

"I just sneaked out, Suho hyung fell asleep quickly" he said as he took a spoonful.

"That's not really good for an empty stomach though" I reminded. "You'll get a tummy ache"

"Better than nothing" he shrugged.

I sighed as I looked at the cupboards. This kid. Luckily, I was able to find some biscuits.

"Eat this too, at least you won't get a bad stomach" I gave him a pack of crackers.

Sehun grinned as he opened the pack. "Ahh... Luhan hyung, you're too worried for me"

"Don't speak to your hyung that way Sehun" I said and he simply chuckles.

I was just watching him as he's silently eating. Why am I even staying? I can just leave him anyways but a part of me wants to stay and talk.

"I noticed that you and Baekhyun have gotten closer" I began.

Sehun looks at me for a moment before returning back to eating. "I like Baekhyun hyung" he shrugs.

I won't fall for this again. There are so many interpretations for the word 'like' just like what Chanyeol said earlier.

"I've always been close to Baekhyun hyung though, it's always fun to be with him"

That's true though. When it comes to having fun, Baekhyun knows it best. That's why so many are fond of him, he's the mood maker for a reason.

"You're inseparable these days" I said.

"We're the same too hyung" he suddenly says, much to my surprise.

"Us? I don't think so" I shook my head awkwardly.

He frowns. "Well at least, we used to" he grumbles. "You left so suddenly and we weren't sure if you were going to return or not. You still contacted us despite it but... that wasn't enough"

This time I frowned too. He just had to bring that up. Kris, Tao and I have  finished all issues though, the case is done and the company is finally giving us the treatment we deserve. We still have a lot of adjusting to do and I do know that even if we're all doing good, there's still hard feelings amongst us.

"But that's all in the past anyways" Sehun said as he finished off the food he's eating. "We're all happier now" he tossed the wrappings into the trash bin.

"You're suddenly wiser" I said.

"I've learned a lot after all that happened. I've had realizations. I also realized that no matter how hard the situation is, I just have to look at the positive side. What's important is that we stay happy for the sake of our Exo-Ls"

I was suddenly in awe. Is he still the same kid that I got to know? I was gone for months, then next thing I know he's grown into this.

"I am in complete awe, Oh Sehun" I smiled. "You've matured so much"

Sehun shook his head. "Not really" he said sheepishly. "Everyone just taught me well"

"Hey Sehun" I said and he looked at me. "I'm sorry, sorry that I had to go so suddenly back then. Now we can be close again, right?"

Sehun stood up and went near me. I gulped when he was looking so deeply into my eyes. Why am I reacting like this? I suddenly feel nervous.

Sehun suddenly reached out his hand and touched my cheek. I nearly flinched, what is he up to?!

He stepped and leaned closer. He was too close that I had to close my eyes since it was too uncomfortable.

"It's okay my son"

My eyes shot open when he tapped my cheek and laughed. "You've done well" he adds.

I immediately slapped his hand away. "Oi, you're not talking to me that way!" I exclaimed.

He grinned cheekily and makes a quick apology. "Sorry hyung, forgive me?" Now he suddenly does aegyo.

Why is this kid so cute?!

I turned around and took a deep breath. "Go to sleep Sehun, Suho will look for you if he wakes up alone" I said.

"Forgive me first hyung" I nearly gasped when he hugged me.

This isn't the first time he hugged me. Damn it, why am I like this?

"Yeah, yeah... Let go now Sehun" I told him and he quickly lets go. "Go to sleep, I'm a little tired myself" I faked a yawn.

Sehun nods. "Good night hyung"

 

I nodded before going into my room. Xiumin is already asleep so I just turned the lights off and went into my bed.

My heart is still racing. Shoot. This is so wrong. All of this because of Sehun? I suddenly stomped my feet against the bed.

"You're a man Luhan! A manly man!" I exclaimed.

"Jealous?"

I remembered Chanyeol's question.

"I noticed that you and Baekhyun have gotten closer"

"You're inseparable these days"

"This isn't manly at all Luhan! Get a grip!" I groaned.

A pillow suddenly came flying into my direction. The lights switched on and I saw a grumpy looking Xiumin.

"I'm trying to sleep here, have consideration you idiot" he said.

I threw the pillow back at him. "Sorry" I muttered.

He yawned as he rubbed his eyes. "Are you okay though? Your face is red?"

I smiled awkwardly as I shook my head. "No it's not, just return to sleep Minnie. Sorry for ruining your sleep" I coughed.

Xiumin rubbed his eyes and slumped back into his bed. I sighed deeply and turned the lights off.

Until now I am still thinking of Sehun. I want to swear so badly but Xiumin might wake up again.

Is this a uality crisis? Oh hell no! I. Am. Manly.

Or maybe "I-am-manly-until-Sehun-decides-to-mess-my-mind-up"

 

Conclusion reached. Luhan is manly... Conditionally.

 

Luckily I was able to sleep properly last night. I should just get rid of whatever thoughts I had last night and just get on with my life.

I must be thinking this way because I've been single for so long... Yup, you're right Luhan. You just missed being in a relationship, that's all.

I got up and the first thing I noticed was the different bedroom. I know this bedroom though, I think I woke up in this bedroom before...

Oh no.

I turned my head and I saw Baekhyun asleep on the other bed. I got up and looked at the mirror. 

"No!" I yelled when I realized that I was back to Chanyeol's body.

I went towards 'Baekhyun' and shook his shoulders. "Wake up and tell me you're Baekhyun!" I shouted.

He opened his eyes and blinked numerous times. Then he yawned (like a puppy) and blinked again.

"Hyung, what are you doing in my room? It's a day off, I should be sleeping all day" he groaned.

"You have a photoshoot for Elle!" I exclaimed.

"That's Baekhyun hyung, not me" he whined.

I stood up and paced back and forth in the room like a mad man. This is Jongin, we're all switched again!

I pulled him up and it was surprisingly easy. Chanyeol is stronger than me so I guess I got his strength.

"Wake up Jongin, you don't know how much of a crisis Exo is in right now" I complained as I pulled him up.

"Ughh... Five more minutes hyung"

He still hasn't realized it?! I had no choice but to pull him outside the room. I'm sorry Baekhyun but Kim Kai is being a lazy right now.

Once we got out, everyone is in complete chaos... As expected.

Kai also woke up after hearing Baekhyun whining at him for letting me drag his body around like a corpse.

"This is like a Cinderella rip off! What is this? When midnight strikes we're back at our bodies then next morning we're all switched again?!" Chen complained.

"I was so happy last night, this is unfair" Tao whined.

"This isn't good bro, I don't like this" Kris said. "No offense Lay"

"None taken gege" Lay politely nods. Sheesh.

"Everybody shut up!" Suho shouted. Who knew Tao could have this authority? "First of all, we should've seen this coming. It was too easy when we got back last night and second, prioritize the people with schedules first"

"Kim Jongin, wake your senses you have a photoshoot to attend to in two hours" Baekhyun ordered.

Then we all turned towards Kyungsoo. "Sehun, come with me"

"That depends, will I still live if I follow you?" Sehun gulped.

Kyungsoo quickly grabbed Sehun by the wrist. "You need to memorize my script and practice. You will not waste any time" he pulled him towards his room.

"A moment of silence for Sehun's soul" Chen said.

Not just Sehun. This only means that we'll really be stuck like this.

"A moment of silence for our careers" Baekhyun said.

We all looked at Baekhyun. That is so damn accurate.


I give you some HunHan and slight ChanBaek. (But the ships are still lowkey for now)

And sorry if you think i'm being delulu with the whole TaoRisHan issue.

Just understand that this fanfic won't be the same without them so they're still in Exo here.