iv. member impersonations

The Switch

Chapter Four.

S u h o

Comparisons. Criticisms. Not taking it seriously. Lucky win. Tao being rude. Ugh. This will be the death of me.

One article from Koreaboo is already enough to piss me off but now they just had to make four.

 

I think they have something against Exo. Maybe their boss is an anti-fan.

 

"Okay let's get all of this straight, we're used to this anyways. Ignore the media, ignore the netizens. It's better off this way" I told them.

"But hyung, look at all the hate comments I'm getting on instagram. It's partly your fault since you're the one in my body" Tao whined.

I rubbed my fingers at the sides of my head to ease the forming headache. It was just in my instinct to grab the mic and talk since Lay is getting nervous. I had to help him, I didn't know that people would make a big deal out of it. Gosh.

"I'm sorry Tao, I just did it to help. I never wanted to make you look bad" I frowned.

Tao just sighed as he kept scrolling through the comments. It's weird since he's in Chen's body... Seeing Chen this down is something new since he's always in a good mood.

Kris sat beside him and took the phone away. "Don't look if you can't take it. They're just people with nothing better to do" he said.

Tao sighed. "I just can't believe that they'd judge me so badly because of one small act"

Kris hit him on the head. "Don't he too dramatic. We've already been through more . Don't make a big deal out of it" he smiled.

Lay then approached Kris. "Aiyo gege, I told you that you shouldn't curse when you're in my body. You're making me look bad"

We all laughed because of how Lay immediately shifted the mood.

"Lay hyung and Chen look good together, I never realized it" Chanyeol said as he looked at Kris and Tao.

"Nope" I was surprised when I suddenly made a remark. I was even more surprised to realize that Xiumin said the same thing.

"Kidding" I immediately said as I chuckled awkwardly. "Don't make jokes like that, it makes the fans think of more crazy stuff"

"That's what makes things more exciting" Baekhyun said as he clung onto Xiumin.

Xiumin flinched and pushed him suddenly. Baekhyun gave him a confused look.

"Sorry, I was surprised to see my own body hugging me" he apologized.

Baekhyun suddenly had a look of realization. "Oh right, you're not Sehun" he scratched his head. He then walked towards 'Kyungsoo' and clung onto him.

"Hyung this feels different" Sehun chuckled.

Baekhyun is always the clingiest. He likes to cling onto Sehun the most for some reason.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Luhan rolling his eyes while Chanyeol averted his gaze.

Is that a hint of jealousy or am I overthinking stuff? This is absurd. Chanyeol is as straight as a stick and Luhan, well... He says he's manly so why would he get jealous over Baekhyun clinging onto Sehun?

"Some articles had a point" Kyungsoo spoke up. "Our performance was a little messy and it's a little new to the fans since the whole song was sung differently. We don't have the same vocal ranges so it was probably weird for others to hear" he explained.

"Well hearing Kris hyung doing a high note was new, same with hearing Sehun sing" Kai said. "But our fans are happy about it, we don't need to let those bad comments affect us"

"Jongin is right, we'll just think of all of this as fan service" I said.

"Fan service for a hundred days, huh? We'll get through it... Hopefully" Luhan sighed.

"We all need to work extra harder" Lay said. "What Kyungsoo said made sense, maybe this is also a chance to work on what we all lack. Perhaps by the end of this all of us would be good at rapping, singing and dancing"

We all looked at him in awe. "For once you acted in character" I said as I placed my hands on his shoulders. "I'm proud of you"

The other guys burst out laughing. "You're like a proud father hyung" Sehun said.

"That's because I am. Now go and shut up my son" I retorted then I laughed.

I realized I was the only one laughing. Great. I did it again. Go figure.

"Definitely like a father. Lame dad jokes for the win" Chanyeol laughed.

I faked a cough to shut him up. "Okay, let's get serious again" I told them. "We need to practice together a lot. Also it's a chance to get to know each other well, we need to know each other's habits in order to be convincing"

I then turned towards Lay. "And you... You will be the busiest. Since you're going to be our leader now, you get to have all the responsibilities. People will interview you a lot" I said and Lay nodded.

"We have more problems" Kris said. "Kyungsoo, Chen and you need to work on your Chinese as well"

"I'm going to be okay" Chen said. "Hopefully"

"I can do well in singing in Chinese but my pronunciation still needs a little more work" Kyungsoo said.

"I'll practice" I nodded.

Good thing our managers left us at our dorm again. Even they can't find out about this. Heck even our families can't find out, they'll all think we're crazy.

"Come on, gather round. We need to know how to act if we're stuck like this for the next one hundred days" I told them.

We all took our seats on the floor and formed a circle. This is going to be a long night.

"First of all, who has schedules tomorrow?" I asked.

Kyungsoo raised his hand. "I have a scheduled taping for my movie"

Sehun immediately choked after hearing him. "W-what?"

Kyungsoo looked like he wanted to kill then and there. "I have a filming for Hyung tomorrow. Sehun, you need to memorize the lines. You're going to act for me"

Sehun shook his head. "No, I'm not an actor. I can't do this!"

"But you were good in Exo Next Door" Chanyeol said.

"That doesn't even count as acting! I was just being myself throughout the whole series. My acting there was obviously mediocre" he whined.

"That's why I'm teaching you. We'll be practicing lines the whole night. You won't get to rest unless you do it like I can"

Sehun gulped after hearing Kyungsoo saying that. Poor guy, he won't be sleeping tonight.

"I have a photoshoot with Elle" Baekhyun told Kai. "Knowing Jongin, I know he won't have a problem with it"

"I'll do good hyung, what do you want for it? y stares? Lip bites?" Kai chuckled.

"Just make me look hot" Baekhyun grinned.

"Anyone else with schedules?" I asked. No one else replied. Good, at least there's less problems. Sehun will be our main concern tomorrow.

"Okay, we'll think of this as a game" I said. "Do your best to act the person you got switched with"

"I'll start" Chen raised his hand and we all turned our attention towards him.

Luhan eyed him with curiosity.

"I'm Luhan and I'm the manliest man alive!"

We should've expected that from the troll.

Luhan immediately hit Chen on the head. "Ha! Hyung you're hitting yourself!" Chen cackled.

Luhan turned his attention towards Tao who immediately covered his face. "This may be Chen hyung's body but I'll be feeling the pain if you hit me. Just hit your own face"

Luhan rolled his eyes once again. "Okay then. I'm Park Chanyeol and I'm Exo's voice" Luhan said as he did a V sign. "I'm very handsome and I stare at Baekhyun all day"

This time Chanyeol threw a shoe at him. Meanwhile Baekhyun is just laughing it off.

"I'm Exo's dancing machine Kai. I give y expressions when dancing and I make all the girls go mad" he then did an impression of Kai's signature smirks. "And I love fried chicken" Kai somewhat looked impressed.

"Hello I'm Exo's Baekhyun" Kai grinned as he did a wink. "I'm as cute as a puppy and I'm a ert that likes to touch Sehun's chest. I'm the mood maker" Baekhyun just laughed while Kai did an impression of him.

"I'm Kim Minseok a.k.a Xiumin, I'm the fake maknae. I love TVXQ so much and I have a talent for shouting" he then did a high note that made us all shiver. Xiumin's high notes are no joke, if you combine it with Baekhyun's technique then you get to hear pure heaven.

"Those high notes might save our careers" Chen said.

"I'm the maknae Oh Sehun. I like to tease my hyungs a lot. I may look cold but I'm clingy too. SM staffs also chased me for thirty minutes only to give me two lines for every song" Xiumin said.

I saw how everyone resisted the urge to laugh. Sehun just pouted. It's true... But hopefully by the end of this, Sehun gets more lines since he deserves more.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo, a.k.a D.O and I'm so done with all of you" Sehun said.

There was dead silence until Kyungsoo began choking him... Technically he's choking himself though.

"I do not act that way" Kyungsoo said.

"Yes you do" Chanyeol laughed.

Kyungsoo looked towards us and we all nodded. "I'm scary when I'm angry so don't underestimate my cuteness" Sehun added.

The kid is digging his own grave and here I thought that only Chanyeol had the guts to annoy him.

Kyungsoo shot one last glare at Sehun before coughing.

"I'm Kris and I'm the most handsome member of Exo" he ran his fingers through his hair. We all grinned from ear to ear. This is actor Do Kyungsoo working, this is actually pretty convincing. "Look forward to my airport fashion" Kyungsoo added. "And lastly, chicken is not my style"

We all laughed loudly and gave Kyungsoo a high five. He nailed it.

" please I do not talk that way" Kris groaned.

"Gege! You're making me look bad!!!" Lay whined once again.

"Okay..." Kris began. "What's my name again? Who am I? What am I doing here?"

"I am not that forgetful" Lay pointed a finger at him.

"Hyung that's too much" Chen said.

Kris rolled his eyes at us. "I'm Zhang Yixing, the most angelic and naive person you've known. I promote world peace but the moment I start dancing, I cause entire chaos to my fans"

"I promote chaos? How?" Lay asked in bewilderment.

"Hyung, your solo in Exodus is already enough pain for the fans" Chanyeol said.

"Don't forget that you also had that dance step wherein you were humping the floor" Baekhyun snorted.

"I don't wish to promote chaos. I just want to make people happy" he pouted.

Typical Yixing. Still innocent about everything.

"Your turn" I said.

"Oh..right" he nods. Like I said, typical Yixing.

"I'm Exo's leader, Suho. I take care of my members well. I always treat them to food and buy them vitamins. I'm very humble and down to earth and I love my members so much"

Now where are the laughing members? I felt my heard melting because of how sincere he said it. 

"Ah... Lay hyung is too sweet to make fun of Suho hyung" Kai said.

"Lay hyung you should've said that I trained for seven years and I'm still complaining on why I didn't debut with Shinee" Baekhyun snickered.

I hit Baekhyun on the head... Which made me feel guilty since it's Xiumin's body. "It's worth the wait. Exo is my life, and I have no regrets with this" I said.

"Cheesy" they all grinned but I know them well enough, I can tell that they're touched.

"My turn, I'm Tao and I whine a lot. I may look manly on stage but I'm a fragile kid that needs someone else to shower with" I said.

"Oh right, I still need someone to shower with" Tao said.

"My goodness Tao, don't say that out loud while you're in my body. You're making me look bad" Chen said.

Tao grinned. "I'm Chen and I'm a troll that makes fun of most members. My singing is no joke, I aim to become the best singer"

"We're all getting nowhere with this" I said. "But it was fun though" I shrugged.

"It's already midnight" Luhan said.

We all stood up. "Sehun, you're staying with me. You need acting lessons" Kyungsoo said.

Sehun wanted to whine but he knew better so he just kept his mouth shut.

All of a sudden, the ground started shaking uncontrollably. Some of us even fell to the ground. Meanwhile I closed my eyes and silently prayed. Darn it, is the world ending? This one's so strong.

When I opened my eyes I saw that everyone was alright. I looked around and checked if my members are okay. Surprisingly the dorm isn't a mess, which is odd since the earthquake was so strong.

Then I froze in shock when I saw Tao in front of me. All the members seemed to be in complete shock too. Is this real?

All of us ran towards the nearest mirror. We kept pushing each other since we really needed to make sure.

"We're back!" Baekhyun said with glee.

I looked at myself happily. I guess the nightmare is over. Exo's back!


There will be more ChanBaekHunHanKaiSooTaoRisXiuChen and SuLay in later chapters. I'm starting to give small hints now so bear with it. Hehe.