iii. we are exo... kind of?

The Switch

A/N: I just want everyone to know that I began writing this story when it was still LMR era. I just thought of posting this story here now. 


Chapter Three.

Chanyeol

"We're here" we quickly left the van as soon as it stopped. This is a VERY serious matter.

"Lead the way, idiots" Kris groaned. He's in Lay's body right now and a grumpy looking Lay is something I am not used to seeing.

Baekhyun, Chen and I began walking. We were searching for that wishing well. There must be a way to unwish all of this right?

"This is it" Chen said.

"Who believed this stupidity?" Suho crossed his arms as he eyed the three of us.

"We didn't" I said.

"I did" Lay raised his hand. "At least it's real"

They read the sign again and all of them automatically slapped their foreheads.

"Let's just wish that everything would be back to normal then" Luhan said as he took out a coin. He was about to toss it in the well when he suddenly froze. "You've got to be kidding me"

Out of curiosity, we went near the well and our shoulders slumped in disbelief.

Under renovation. The well won't be used for a while.

All of the water and coins were gone and it was replaced by that annoying sign.

"Are you sure this is it?" Xiumin asked.

"No doubt about it" Baekhyun answered.

I wanted everything to explode this instant. We just had to make those wishes. Now we're really stuck like this for one hundred days... Or at least until this wishing well would be fixed.

We have a performance for Music Bank in two hours. Oh darn.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

This is just bad in so many levels. What about our fans? We can't just ditch the recording.

"Well we've got no choice. We need to attend that recording. Styling us takes two hours. We should've been there thirty minutes ago" Suho sighed in disbelief.

"Is everything alright? What are you boys doing anyways? You're late, get back in the van" our manager hyungs scolded.

We all looked at each other in dismay before going back into the van.

When we got to the building, we headed straight into our waiting room. We weren't really that late so we didn't get scolded. We got changed then our stylist noonas got us all ready.

"Chen hyung, how do you even see with this noodle hair?" Tao whined.

"Keep flipping it fabulously" Chen said as he did a demo.

I looked over to Luhan. "I look handsome today"

"Chanyeol, how am I supposed to rap? I don't even know the lyrics" he whined.

"You don't know the lyrics of your own song? Shame on you Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"First of all, I am Chinese so I can't rap flawlessly even if I knew the lyrics. Second, didn't Kris, Tao and I just return from a hiatus? We weren't originally supposed to perform for this comeback" he explained.

-insert author's ugly sobbing here-

"When you don't know the lyrics, point the microphone towards the fans. They will sing it for you" Xiumin said.

"But they'll be busy with fan chants" Sehun whined.

Another problem is Sehun, how will he do the high note then?

"Chanyeol hyung, I think you're forgetting that you need to do good since you are the main dancer now" Kai told me.

"How do I even dance like you? You have your own style" I pouted.

I swear Kai dances differently. He has a way of making a fun dance look y. Love Me Right is just supposed to look cute and fun but he makes it hot!

That's coming from Kim Jongin's number one sasaeng fan... Park Chanyeol. On rare occasions I become D.O's fan but I end up getting choked for it.

"Put tension in your " Baekhyun said and the two of us burst out laughing.

"Exo, please get ready. You're performing next. We need you backstage" one of the staff members said.

"Oh well, it was nice knowing you all. This is the part where our careers start to wreck" Chen said.

"We'll have to live underground from then on" Baekhyun added.

"Then we'll use leaves for clothes and we'll have to eat dirt" I finished.

The other members gave us judging looks. "Are you done now?" Suho asked before hitting us one by one on the head. "Stop saying nonsense things. We can pull this off" he huffed.

"How? Have you seen our rehearsal earlier? It was the worst performance yet. The haters will definitely celebrate" Kris said.

"We'll do what we're used to doing. We can just explain that we switched roles for a change. We can do this" Suho told us.

"We'll trust you on this hyung" Baekhyun said.

"Good luck to us then" Luhan sighed.

Change is good... Right? Lay hyung still wished for a successful performance, I hope that wish works at least.

We heard the fans screaming as we got into the stage. We greeted them like usual then we got into position. Everyone looked confused at first since our positions changed. Even the staffs looked clueless.

Instead of having Kai in the middle, we had 'Baekhyun'. Meanwhile 'Kai' is at the back.

 

 

"What's going on?"

 

"Are they confused?"

 

"Is it a surprise song number?"

 

 

I kept my composure. I don't want to mess up.

Once the music began, the crowd turned silent since it wasn't a new song like some of them thought. We performed like we usually did and it looked so different. We even sounded different.

I thought the fans would all start walking out or start throwing things at us but they still did the fan chants and to our surprise, they were a lot louder.

Today it's a different Exo...

Baekhyun was dancing ily because of Kai.

Xiumin, Kris and Luhan became the new vocal line all thanks to BaekhyunKyungsoo and Chen.

Fans went especially wild when KaiSoo did the rap lines together because of me and Sehun... Gosh I can already smell the fanarts and fanfics coming.

We hurriedly went down backstage. There were other idols there as well. We were going head to head against Big Bang today.

We bowed down to show our respect and they smiled back at us as acknowledgement.

"We didn't expect you to pull that trick there. You did well, good luck" GD told 'Suho'.

Lay hyung suddenly flinched since he wasn't used to it. We eyed him nervously. "Ah... Thank you. Good luck to you too... Big Bang hyungs"

I wanted to slap my forehead then and there. Big Bang hyungs? He probably forgot the names. Plus Big Bang sunbae would've been more formal.

GD looked confused but he just chuckled. "Sure... Sure, we'll see you on stage later. Good luck"

We bowed once again before going to the interview area. The MCs will ask us a few questions now.

One of the MCs happened to be Irene of our juniors, Red Velvet. She won't notice much right?

The interview began and Irene even forgot the title of our comeback song then she smiled at her mistake.

"Your fans are curious about the change of roles earlier. Can you please explain why you did this?" She asked.

"Let's asked the leader to do this" Park Bogum handed the mic to 'Suho'.

How is Lay hyung going to answer that?! He looked like he was in a daze at first and he only got back to his senses when Suho elbowed him.

"Ah, I am Exo's leader Suho. Can you please repeat the question?"

I bet everyone wants to start crying now, huh?

Bogum repeated the question and he nodded. "Well... We all wanted a change. This is a challenge for us and I think we pulled it off? Right?" He asked.

And we heard the fans watching us from outside shouting yes.

"Can we still expect more performances from you with switched roles?" Irene asked.

"Yes. Probably..." He looked towards Suho for help.

"We'll surprise you" 'Tao' grabbed the microphone.

"Once again this is Exo with their fun and enjoyable comeback. Love Me Right!"

We returned to our waiting room after the interview. We were all able to heave a sigh of relief. We got through that one. I don't even care if we win or not, as long as we performed well and didn't make a laughing stock of ourselves.

"Get dressed guys, we have a photoshoot next for SPAO" Suho said.

"Anyone wonder why we look like Waldo or Steve from Blues Clues in these striped shirts?" Chen wondered.

"We're all worrying about reputation and you're here wondering about that?" Kyungsoo asked.

He's scarier when he's Kris. How am I going to hit his now while we're performing XOXO?

"I said get dressed. If we don't leave now we won't have time to eat" Suho said again.

"Yes leader Tao" we all groaned.

We left the building even before the show ended since we had a full schedule.

We stopped by a restaurant first to have our lunch. Our managers got us our food then they said they'll wait outside.

"Okay before we eat please be aware that you aren't in your own body. Don't just eat like you usually do, it depends" Suho reminded.

But we all eat a lot. It is not a problem.

"Kai, don't eat too much please? I'm trying to lose weight" Baekhyun said.

"But hyung... This is fried chicken" Kai pouted.

Everyone laughed while I just froze. Holy crap that was cute! I need to thank Kai for this. Please show more pouting Baekhyun.

"Anyways just check how our fans reacted after our performance. Check twitter" Luhan said.

None of us have a twitter account so we asked manager hyung to check it for us.

He shook his head and handed Suho the phone. "You're all unbelievable" he said.

"We dominated Korea's trend list" Suho began. "Switched roles took first spot" he read. "KaiSoo took second spot" we all snickered as we eyed the two. Meanwhile Sehun and I shared a high five. "New vocal line, Baekhyun's smirk, Exo" he read more

I took the phone from Suho and went to the Baekhyun's smirk trend.

His fansites already uploaded pictures of him while performing. Bless you Kai!

"Baek" I called him then I showed the pictures. "I found a new lock screen" I teased.

He glared at me. "Don't even dare" he warned.

"Please don't flirt while you're in other people's bodies" Xiumin groaned. "Next thing we know, Kai and Xiumin might become a new ship because of you two"

I chuckled. Baekhyun and I just happen to spoil our fans a lot. We know about ChanBaek of course, that's why we're always giving enough fan service. We know our limits though.

After eating, we went to our photoshoot. The photoshoot was a lot easier compared to the performance. It went smoothly, we were just a little confused when the photographer calls our names.

"Finally we're done!" Chen sighed in relief.

"I need sleep" Lay yawned.

"Hyung, are there any more news about our performance?" Baekhyun asked.

Manager hyung opened his phone again and began scrolling. "There are articles" he sighed.

Suho's forehead creased upon looking at the screen. "You won't like this"

We passed the phone around and we all had the same reactions.

 

 

Exo thinks it all fun so they decided to switch roles

 

Who rapped better? KaiSoo or ChanHun?

 

Tao being disrespectful by interfering with Suho's interview

 

Exo gets their win despite the messy performance

 

 

"Koreaboo and allkpop are " Kris said and Lay immediately nudged his arm.

"Don't cuss when you're in my body" he scolded.

I read the articles. Allkpop and Koreaboo are just in it for the scoops. The fans are in rage.

"At least we won right?" Xiumin shrugged.

"Yeah, look at the bright side" I told them. But still... Kris had a point. Koreaboo and allkpop are .