I'm In

I Missed You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If I could describe a thing at that moment, I would do it as the most frantic night I've ever had. I didn't know what I just said a second ago could bring me butterflies in my stomach as Dara's tears stopped streaming and curls appeared on her lips. She hugged me tight, just like she always did everytime we are about to separate. However, the feeling I had when she did it was different. It was somehow warmer, calmer, and more sincere.

It was happening two years ago and I can still remember it, I remembered the details. Of how she didn't reply and hugged me for hours before sleeping, how I kissed her lips when she was asleep in my embrace, how her scent calmed me down, and how her presence could bring peace. It has been a good memory even until now.

I sighed as I closed the journal that was very thick now. The glass ceiling was wet because of the rain, and a living visible angel was sleeping underneath it with a perfect posture.

My phone vibrated. It was Youngbae.

"Yeoboseyo?" I picked it up immediately feeling it was important since he called this late.

"Have you heard that the police started opening the old case again?" I sighed as I remembered the early messages I got from Seunghyun.

"Yes-" I was about to give him more explainations when I saw Dara was moving in her sleep. I immediately hung up the phone leaving him no clues of what was going on. I have no other choice other than hung up in a rush before she's awake, I couldn't take it if she hears something she doesn't have to hear.

With closed eyes she was tapping the empty space beside her, "Ji?"

"I'm here," I smiled lightly as I climbed onto the bed hugging her. I didn't want any replies as I saw her drifted off in sleep again before tightened the grip on my waist and placed her head on my chest, which made me smiling in state of grace.

Anyhow, call me freak obsessive jerk or anything but I like to see her sleeping everynight that could make me unable to sleep -or clearly make me want to always open my eyes when she's sleeping. She might be the only mad chatter girl, angry over my lack of sleep if she finds me sitting there watching her face. But well, that became my obsession ever since she's mine.

I looked up to the nightstand right on my left side realizing my phone had been vibrating these whole two minutes before finally got back to a blank dark again. It must be Youngbae since we didn't have a proper conversation today, Dara always came abruptly everytime I was about to pick it up, and the only conversation I and Youngbae had was the last one earlier.

"Meet me at the café tomorrow morning at 7," he said on the phone not worrying to wait for my greet, and soon hung up without a reply.

It must be very important.

My phone got threw away on the empty side of the bed as I started caressing Dara's head wishing we could both get away from this if that jerk police didn't bring the old case up again. I understood that it didn't get a proper end which made the case left untouched, unsolved. But it has been seven years since it happened and why now? Did they found out what was actually happening that evening at the stage? Did they found out who were actually involved? But then again, it was about Dara's father and I couldn't get away from this casually just like I did seven years ago when I thought it would be forgotten by the time ticking, thinking the police was left with only evidences which leaded them to a suicide case. What leads them into this again?

"It shocked me," Youngbae sighed as he took a sip of his coffee, his short neck looked weak since it covered by so many scarfs around, "they sent me these photos a week ago. I thought I would be fine doing this without y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter